Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johto Photo Finish! (274)

Default Johto Photo Finish! (274)

Johto Photo Finish!

Both down to their final Pokémon, Ash & Harrison continue on of the most magnificent battles in History. Blaziken VS Charizard. Who will come out victorious? Ash or Harrison? Or will it be a Draw?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Shiny May Guest

I've seen this episode about two days ago and it was a great one. I thought it was really smart of Blaziken to use flamethrower to avoid much damage from Charizard's earthquake. The battle between these two pokemon was just good

Too bad Harrison lost the next battle and didn't use Blaziken. I was hoping that he would win because he's truly one of my fav characters on the show. He's got amazing pokemon and amazing tactics.

One word: Rushed. This episode was great at first but then was horribly rushed. I would have liked to see Hazuki's entire battle and see the rest of the competition. The Misdreavus portion was a typical Johto filler-like event and really could have been done without. This seemed like just a rush attempt at getting Satoshi over to the Hoenn league. :/

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Factory Head Noland Guest

It was Charizard's Seismic Toss...

I actually think that Charizard should have won this battle because it put up a great fight and it had an advantage, but you know..

Hales Guest

Charizard's excuse: He was tired!

I loved this episode... although I wouldn't have minded if Prof. Oak and Delia had told Ash how great a job he did in the League... plus I never did get his reaction when he beat Gary

slysunshine Guest

I loved this episode, but I don't really know why I liked it so much. I guess I liked the "wrapping things up" feeling, and it opened the door to Hoenn.

Shiny May Guest

I saw it this afternoon again. A good episode.
    I do have to say it was a bit rushed. The end of the battle, Harrison's battle, the ceremony for the winner of the league. helping misdreavus, saying goodbye and stopping TR and then saying goodbye again. Too much for one episode, might I say.
    But overall I did enjoy watching this episode!
    I like that Blaziken used its flamethrower to stop the effect of Charizard's seismic toss. A smart choice.

cli.colorains Guest

That's so pity that Harrison lost the next battle.....he is really a good trainer who care about own pokemon so much.....
    Ash always tell his pokemon to fight until they couldnt even stand up....I hate that.

Shiny May Guest

Harrison also told Blaziken to get up when both Charizard and Blaziken were on the floor. But I think it's good that he didn't let it battle in the next round because it was still weak. He cares more about his pokemon then his next victory. I like that

Ugh, I agree with everyone else that the ending of the tournament was way too rushed. An extra episode to end the tournament like "Friends To The End" wouldn't have killed them to do.

Personally, I found that whole thing about Bashamo being "too tired" was just a lousy excuse to keep it from losing a battle. They were trying to advertise how powerful the Houen Pokemon are going to be, and they thought making him lose to that Saidon would take away from that. Bashamo seemed way too overpowered in his battles, defeated each of his opponents, (Nyula, Bayleaf and Lizardon) without barely breaking a sweat.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

At least Gary got a real nice sendoff in this episode and the next one. I'm still surprised that he ended up giving up pokemon training to become a researcher, but maybe it was the best decision for him. I can't wait to see Gary's special when the Chronicles come out. Too bad that Ash didn't beat Harrison, but at least blaziken and Charizard did put up a terrific battle. At least we'll get to see Charizard again next year when his Battle Frontier appearance airs here.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Three words: Best. Battle. Ever.

This fight rocked immensely. I was kinda pleased how they showed that Seismic Toss isn't as uber as the show has made it out to be, but I still think Charizard should have won - Blaziken did, after all, collapse first.
    Personally, I would have loved to see the battle go on to the end of the episode, saving the whole "parting of the ways" thing for another episode, but it was still good.
    I claimed Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud in the Celebrity 3.0 thread, Keitaro and Motoko from Love Hina in the Couple 3.0 thread and Kaolla Su from Love Hina in the Bishie 2.0 thread!

Current ASB ranking: Lv3 Trainer, B Grade Ref
    Win: 7, Draw: 0, Loss: 6
    KOs: 30 TPs: 113 SP: 15.5

Many thanks to Jukain for this legendary trainer card!

This ep was very cool too. I love this way of battling.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    Ugh, I agree with everyone else that the ending of the tournament was way too rushed. An extra episode to end the tournament like "Friends To The End" wouldn't have killed them to do.

Personally, I found that whole thing about Bashamo being "too tired" was just a lousy excuse to keep it from losing a battle. They were trying to advertise how powerful the Houen Pokemon are going to be, and they thought making him lose to that Saidon would take away from that. Bashamo seemed way too overpowered in his battles, defeated each of his opponents, (Nyula, Bayleaf and Lizardon) without barely breaking a sweat.
    hmmph i guess everything in pokemons a advertisement then huh.this episode rocked out loud and harrisons such a badass character with a badass pokemon too boot. 10/10

A very great battle!, too bad Harrison lost in the next round, but that was done badly -_-

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

This episode really ticked me off.

Charizard lose to Blaziken?! NEVER!!

I do somewhat like Blaziken, but I've always liked Charizard better. This was an episode that made the show look a bit more realistic but still repetitive and boring. Ash lost a tough battle, similar to what would happen in real life. But, that means we'll have to go through another Season of him losing right at the end.
    Member of the Following Clubs:
    The SPP Atheist Alliance
    The Kenta/Jimmy/Gold Fanclub Version 2.0
    The Japanese Language Club
    The Digimon Club, Version 3.0

The episode was great but i wonder why ash lets his squirtle return to the squirtle squad?
    RangerShipping Fan
    Solana x Lunick forever!

An excellent episode the battle between Charizard and Blaziken truly one of the most epic battles in the series history. Harrison is one of my favorite characters him and his Blaziken really got me excited for the release of Ruby & Sapphire just so I could get a Blaziken of my own. As for Gary that's a big surprise that he decided to become a Pokemon researcher like his grandfather.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This episode was great! Would be so much better if it was not so rushed though...
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Another excellent episode with no doubt.Battle between Charizard and Blaziken was epic and even though i would rather like that Charizard won i dont mind that he lost.He put up a great fight and everything was unpredictable to the very end.I must say that Blaziken really managed to impress me when he thought of using flamethrower to reduce the damage from Seismic Toss.

However i have to agreee with others who say that tournament was rushed because it really felt like it was.I think it was needed at least one more episode before the end,but oh well.

Epic battle!Charizard did hve the advantage just half.But they put up a great fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    One word: Rushed. This episode was great at first but then was horribly rushed. I would have liked to see Hazuki's entire battle and see the rest of the competition. The Misdreavus portion was a typical Johto filler-like event and really could have been done without. This seemed like just a rush attempt at getting Satoshi over to the Hoenn league. :/

Undeniably... and that's incredibly sad. Ash lost to Harrison, but I would've liked to see more of Harrison's match, ya know?

Still, Blaziken made the episode excellent <3

Oh man, I remember seeing Prof. Birch holding all those Hoenn Pokémon in Harrison's flashback and going, "OMG, they're hideous! D:"

That kid who won the Johto league... looks like a n00b. =\ Hey, I calls 'em as I sees 'em.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This is my favorite battle ever. ^.^

That episode was the reason why Blaziken ended up being my favorite pokemon.

Although, I don't like that Ash loses most of his tough battles, barring gym battles, and the Orange league challenge, etc.

That showed that Charizard is not as good as everyone thought. ;]

They both did a good job, excellent effort, its too bad that they dont have that many battles with that much intensity.
    Think about the people.
    Hundreds of millions of people in developing countries rely on fish, a staple of their diets and their main source of protein

Pretty good battle. But I agree that it felt rushed. The writers always seemed to hate Jotho. IMO at least.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

hm it started good but then it became a bit hasty, or rushed like people call it here, like a stupid episode of johnny quest-_-

the battle was nice though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast