Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta Catch Ya Later! (275)

Hybrid View

Default Gotta Catch Ya Later! (275)

Gotta Catch Ya Later!

Heading to Pallet Town, Ash splits up with Misty, who needs to go take over the Cerulean Gym, and Brock, who has some things to do. Ash gets back to Pallet town and decides to head to Hoenn, where Harrison is from, as his next destination.

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is one of the best ever episodes IMO and also quite an upsetting episode. I hated it when the trio had to split up though.

I loved the first half of the episode most of all, because it had lots of events + the trio hadn't split up yet. Then, i think that the second half was sorta eventful but not much happening It was nice to see Ho-oh again as well.

I won't say anything about ash and Misty cuz non-pokeshippers won't like it. However, i'll just say i think it was a very shippy episode.

Overall Rating: 9.5/10

meggirl63 Guest

That was a beautiful, yet sad episode 'cause sooooooo many people left. One of my favorites was Gary Oak 'cause I liked it when he was soooo nice! Anyone else? His niceness makes me happy!

Factory Head Noland Guest

I loved their last battle against The Invincible Pokemon Brothers (yeh rite) when they worked together to create that hugh tornado, lol.

This is the saddest episode yet because of when Misty leaves and there is that song and all the flashbacks *sniff*

Hales Guest

I'm not a pokeshipper or an Advanceshipper (in fact I'm none of anything)... but I was really sad to see Misty leave! Seeing Ash cry is a bad thing

I also love how Gary and Ash are now friends not rivals, that always bugged me.

meggirl63 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    I'm not a pokeshipper or an Advanceshipper (in fact I'm none of anything)... but I was really sad to see Misty leave! Seeing Ash cry is a bad thing

I also love how Gary and Ash are now friends not rivals, that always bugged me.
    You didn't like Ash and Gary being rivals? Whoa, something we have in common!

Hales Guest

Quote Originally Posted by meggirl63
    You didn't like Ash and Gary being rivals? Whoa, something we have in common!
    It's a combination of things, I didn't like how Prof. Oak was put in a situation because he likes both of them (although I think he favoured Gary, being his grandson of course, on a few occasions).

The other is Gary was mean and obnoxious to Ash on countless occasions, it might (if Ash wasn't so stubborn ) have hurt Ash on some of those occasions which is why he fights so hard to win, acted the way he did in S1 and during the Johto region until the episodes during the League. (especially as now we have Gary asking Tracey and Prof. Oak what Ash is up to...)

As for the episode, I thought it was really good, I like how Delia knew that her son was going on another adventure, I mean she didn't want him to go but she didn't mention it to him
    Last edited by Hales; 14th November 2004 at 9:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    It's a combination of things, I didn't like how Prof. Oak was put in a situation because he likes both of them (although I think he favoured Gary, being his grandson of course, on a few occasions).

The other is Gary was mean and obnoxious to Ash on countless occasions, it might (if Ash wasn't so stubborn ) have hurt Ash on some of those occasions which is why he fights so hard to win, acted the way he did in S1 and during the Johto region until the episodes during the League. (especially as now we have Gary asking Tracey and Prof. Oak what Ash is up to...)

As for the episode, I thought it was really good, I like how Delia knew that her son was going on another adventure, I mean she didn't want him to go but she didn't mention it to him
    You know I hope the rivalry continues into the future if the Japanese animators get round to it with the dispute with the voice actor and such, I want to see Gary get revenge!

slysunshine Guest

This episode was really sad. (you know that though!) I wish I could see it now, because when I saw it I had just gotten back into Pokemon and it didn't affect me as much as it would now.

I agree that this was a very shippy episode. (though I wasn't thinking shippy at the time )

I give it 9/10, but if I see it again I'm sure it'll be 10/10!

Shiny May Guest

a good episode.
    The song Misty sang was nice, Ash crying was sweet and the friendship between Ash and Gary is also cool !! And of course Ash's new clothes are cool !!

9/10

Ororo Munroe Guest

The dub flashbacks are different then the Japanese ones. Anyways, this was a good episode but I think they should have split up at the end and have had more of the episode about that.

Mistystar89 Guest

I cried pretty hard in this episode. Misty's goodbye made me cry a river. T_T Their battle was cool against those brothers. The trio put them in their place until Misty got to finish it in the hoso. (Go Misty!) 10/10

This is offically my favorite Johto episode. T__T

Chibi Guest

A complete tribute to all that is Pokeshipping. Yes, I DO know that the original Japanese eppie was not as glorious to us Pokeshippers, but I still died a little inside at the ending because it was so sweet!

This was a really sad episode, I mean just seeing Misty and Brock leave (even though Brock returns 5 episodes later). But I think it sucks that we got cheated out in the dubbed version (as usual) with Misty's flashbacks. But then again, that's just my opinion!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Chibi Guest

I don't mind as much... Cause it seemed to highlight her relationship with Ash, overall. Even knowing that there were originally flashes of different grouping pics, it was oh-so-sweet seeing just how well she obviously remembered her meeting and getting to know Ash.

I think that helps us realize just how special Misty was to the show, and how special she thought Ash and the others were to her... =]

vulpix Guest

OMG i was so sad in that episode, i cryed for days.because Misty is my favorite character of all times.

vulpix Guest

......sniff,sniff....i'll be okey

Chibi Guest

Lol...

*Feels the same as 'vulpix'*

In the battle against the Invincible Pokémon Brothers, note how Ash says to Misty, something along the lines of "You are a great water pokemon trainer. You finish this battle, we'll just watch" implying that they will let Misty finish it herself, yet then they order more attacks from their Pokémon. Weird, huh? I think somebody has the case of i-have-to-do-every-battle-cause-i'm-a-spoiled-brat-itis and it isn't Brock or Misty.
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

I feel sad! Kasumi is my favourite character. Why? I want to see her again with Satoshi. Kasumi really leaved him! It's so beautifule that Ash was crying. But Kasumi wasn't crying.. I almost cried. I will sad until she wiil travel with Satoshi again! Kasumi you are the best! Why she came back to Cerulean City when they met again in Advance Series? She could go with they! I have a question. The 394 episod isn't last episode, so Kasumi will arraive again! I hope it will come about!
    Last edited by Kasumi; 23rd February 2005 at 4:18 PM.

I'm kinda glad misty left because there wasn't any action in her parts. May and Dawn have more now going for them than just trailing around.

My ideal battle ever!

This was truly one of the saddest episodes in pokemon history.It was really sad to see Mistys departure and emotions were everywhere in this episode.I still remember how much i was shocked when i find out this,and its really sad that she left and never returned to the show.

Considering how complaints to this day still didnt diminished just shows how big mistake was to replace her.Well i still hope that maybe some day she will return for a season or two,but sadly chances are extremely low for this to happen.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 18th November 2008 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Considering how complaints to this day still didnt diminished just shows how big mistake was to replace her.Well i still hope that maybe some day she will return for a season or two,but sadly chances are extremely low for this to happen.
    No, it shows both how strong her cult is and how little life Pokemon fans have. Five. Freaking. Years. Oh well, at least it's not 2000+ like some people....
    Mostly lurking nowadays.

Default Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Gotta Catch Ya Later!

Heading to Pallet Town, Ash splits up with Misty, who needs to go take over the Cerulean Gym, and Brock, who has some things to do. Ash gets back to Pallet town and decides to head to Hoenn, where Harrison is from, as his next destination.

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    This is my favorite johtno one I love the song at the end....

Goodbye
    Funny, how that's such a hard thing to say
    Now it's time to let go but never though I'd feel this way
    Promise not to cry be sad but we both knew I was lying
    Gotta fight back the tears cause I can't let you see me crying
    You're more than just my best friend
    What make my misty most of all
    In our final curtin call
    Is knowing that I won't see your face again.

Goodbye
    Leaving is always so hard
    Now it's time to go, I can't believe my feelings
    I promised that I won't cry, even though I knew I will
    I hide my tears so you can't see how much this hurts
    You're more than my friend
    But maybe the worst thing is
    when I realized that
    I won't see you anymore

Yeah this is my favorite Master quest, eopide.

Did Ash ever show his true feelings about Misty, and if [probably] so, where in the episode; I checked the episode guide and found nothing, but I saw on a video, as Misty rides on her bike, she thinks "Well Ash Ketchum, now I know how you feel about me." As a noob would say: t3ll m3 pl0x... or as I would say, please answer the question above.
    For banners of the yellow Zangoose only obtainable through special events, click here. You can also learn where to get one yourself!

I got my English name, Jacob Conrad, translated into Japanese: Zeikobbu Konraddo!

a is pronounced like the a in father
    e is pronounced like the e in edge
    i is pronounced like the i in macaroni
    o is pronounced like the o in ocean
    u is pronounced like the u in truce

Constants are pronounced much the same way as English consonants.

Get your Japanese name at Keiichi Anime Forever!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast