Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta Catch Ya Later! (275)

Chibi Guest

XD Corny lyrics are good! It's no fun if you listen to music that's all funny and no meaningfullness!

Even though I don't like Misty very much, I have to admit that this is an excellent sendoff episode for her. At least now we know she came back for a couple of brief appearances later, but this goodbye episode still brings out the emotions. I wish they'd given Brock a better brief exit instead of something out of the blue, but I'm glad he came back really soon after. The best part of this episode had to be when Ash used the napkin and silverware Misty and Brock gave him to get himself and Pikachu safely out of Team Rocket's trap. I also really liked Ho-oh's cameo and Ash's final goodbye with Gary. The Misty montage was awesome too.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/24 NEW!! 7/26 NEW!! 7/29
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Thumbs up

I like that episode, but I expected more. I was angry 'cuz Misty never told to Ash that she loves him, and the silly Ash never noticed. Ash & Gary rivalry was cool, I liked it.

Kasumi, your avatar better not be fake.

Also, what does "pokeshipper" mean?
    Last edited by ReallyOcean; 12th February 2006 at 5:18 PM.

A Pokeshipper is basically a person who lies the idea of Ash and Misty being in a romantic relationship

and as for the episode, it was a pretty good departure for Misty, though I really dislike the fact that 4kids decided to completely replace the flashback.. though not at all surprised..

But I wasn't sad at her leaving, no, not reallly

Wait, there was a different flashback in the japanese version? What's it like?
    hi there!

I think the episode guide here has the pictures of the Japanese flashback...

Hardice Guest

anyone would happen to still have this show on pc would they.i missed the whole show.anyone could send it to me be great.send a pm how like to send it.

I loved this episode. I still do. Not because I'm a Pokeshipper, but because they actually gave Misty some real feelings after the writers made her do nothing for a whole season. The animation was beautiful, and my fav. part went something like this:

Misty:...And be sure to brush your teeth everyday.
    Ash: Alright.
    Misty: And--
    Ash: That's enough.
    Misty: One more thing.
    Ash:...Okay.
    Misty: Just... keep doing your best.
    Ash: ...Huh?
    Misty: You know... without me there.

I was going to cry when this happened! ;__; It was so sweet, and I loved how Misty was so... feeling-ful, you know? A solid 10/10 for this episode.
    [ d e v i a n t a r t ][x a n g a ] [ p o k e s h i p p i n g ]

Hardice Guest

so anyone got this ep,like to give it to me?

I have it, (Along with Every single other dubbed episode up to this date), but my Hard drive that I had all of my episodes on just went nuts two days ago, and it might be corrupted. IM me about it, and I'll tell you in a couple days if my hard drive is ok. If it's ****ed, I'm going to have to re-download everything, and I will be ******.
    hi there!

Did Ash ever show his true feelings about Misty, and if [probably] so, where in the episode; I checked the episode guide and found nothing, but I saw on a video, as Misty rides on her bike, she thinks "Well Ash Ketchum, now I know how you feel about me." As a noob would say: t3ll m3 pl0x... or as I would say, please answer the question above.
    For banners of the yellow Zangoose only obtainable through special events, click here. You can also learn where to get one yourself!

I got my English name, Jacob Conrad, translated into Japanese: Zeikobbu Konraddo!

a is pronounced like the a in father
    e is pronounced like the e in edge
    i is pronounced like the i in macaroni
    o is pronounced like the o in ocean
    u is pronounced like the u in truce

Constants are pronounced much the same way as English consonants.

Get your Japanese name at Keiichi Anime Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Zangoose
    Did Ash ever show his true feelings about Misty, and if [probably] so, where in the episode; I checked the episode guide and found nothing, but I saw on a video, as Misty rides on her bike, she thinks "Well Ash Ketchum, now I know how you feel about me." As a noob would say: t3ll m3 pl0x... or as I would say, please answer the question above.
    You want my personal opinion? He isin't hiding anything from her.

As for the quote, it's a little different in the original

Misty : It's ok Ash, I know how you feel

As you can see, the line is actually much more ambigous.

Ash never tells Misty anything. Of course after this in AG, Misty doesn't show anything to Ash beyond a good friendship. The ship was left to rot once Misty left the show, and they show no intention of ever going back to it.

Although I agree, I find it a bit funny that you use words like "rotting in her gym" to describe Misty and pokeshipping yet say you like the character and what they've done with her. Anyway, this ep made me tear up. I really loved Misty a lot in the first half of the show, and even in Johto she wasn't much worse then everyone else, so it was sad to see her go. But at least she was spared Brocks awful fate
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/zxvtg.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

The japanese version of Misty's flashback montage showed a wider variety of her experiances. Catching and winning battles with pokemon, as well as times with Brock and Tracey. The dub... pretty much made it into a mushy Ash and Misty love moment... which it was never meant to be. Shipper tho I am, and as sweet as it was, I kinda would have liked it had her farewell remained a montage to ALL the things she'd done, as opposed to a few things she'd done with Ash. ESPECIALLY since one of the memories was from the opening credits! and another never even happened! (The one where she's in a dress and Ash and Brock are in suits... the characters just imagined that, it really should not have been a memory...)

Still, a very nice, touching farewell, I really loved it at the time, and is still one of the best late Johto episodes. One of the few where Misty had a personality and character...

Yea this episode made me kinda sad but we still see Misty now and then shes still a main character :]

This episode was very..sad*sniff*, very good one...

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Man this episode was so sad, cuz split up and everything..

Aw, this episode was a sad one, yes. One of my favourites for a bit of heart-string-tugging.

I never saw this epi so could some send me a video through pm plz

See I Told You Blaziken Rulez!(By Blazin Fury)

NO! Misty left the group! Oh well, time to replace her with a coordinator and her annoying little brother.
    Name: ASH
    PEARL FRIEND CODE: 4811 3806 8597

I am one of the 3 leaders of the Riolu For Ash Club alongside Dax, and Shadowdragon16. PM or e-mail me to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Cenzo View Post
    NO! Misty left the group! Oh well, time to replace her with a coordinator and her annoying little brother.
    Which is one of smartest moves the writers ever made. The show would have continued its downhill spiral of Johto had they not revamped the cast.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 15th June 2007 at 5:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Which is one of smartest moves the writers ever made.
    That's only your opinion. As a Pokeshipper and Misty fan, I have found the show to be lacking a certain something. Oh yeah, that's right, a lead female who isn't an annoying ditz! Also even you will probably admit Max is irritating.
    Name: ASH
    PEARL FRIEND CODE: 4811 3806 8597

I am one of the 3 leaders of the Riolu For Ash Club alongside Dax, and Shadowdragon16. PM or e-mail me to join!

Which is one of smartest moves the writers ever made
    Off topic much? Maybe you should post this in those threads where you seem to support May with all your heart.

The japanese version of Misty's flashback montage showed a wider variety of her experiances. Catching and winning battles with pokemon, as well as times with Brock and Tracey. The dub... pretty much made it into a mushy Ash and Misty love moment... which it was never meant to be. Shipper tho I am, and as sweet as it was, I kinda would have liked it had her farewell remained a montage to ALL the things she'd done, as opposed to a few things she'd done with Ash. ESPECIALLY since one of the memories was from the opening credits! and another never even happened! (The one where she's in a dress and Ash and Brock are in suits... the characters just imagined that, it really should not have been a memory...)
    I agree I agree!! You really get a feel for the friendship she felt with Ash and Brock. And then suddenly parting like that to 3 different directions, beautiful. The animation was also really well done! And the background music, too. Ah, so nostalgic!
    [ d e v i a n t a r t ][x a n g a ] [ p o k e s h i p p i n g ]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast