Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 198

Thread: Gotta Catch Ya Later! (275)

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cerulean City, Kanto
    Posts
    4,604

    Default

    It's funny how for the episodes that DID focus on Misty and that developed her character, people rated the episodes low with low ratings, and immediately labeled them as meaningless filler episodes...But when it comes to the last episode where Misty was a main cast member, oh people loved this episode! And for the mere fact that people knew that Misty was not coming back to be replaced by May...It's sad how a large portion of the fandom here just seems to hate Misty for some reason...

    I know May and Dawn were given bigger roles than Misty, but it's not a reason to hate her for it....they're all ink on paper, how can they be to blame?

    Anyways, just felt like ranting...after reading some threads and comments...Not only was this one of the best episodes of Johto, but the entire series to this day. Misty, the First Lady of Pokemon 4ever.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,952

    Default

    Dude, its been almost 10 years now since Misty left the series. That's an entire decade. Stop trying to bring back the old tired Misty debate that was settled back in 2003 when it was actually relevant.

    On an unrelated note, its interesting how short Misty's goodbye is when you stop to think about it. She's gone by the first commercial break, and the last 10 mins just have Ash by himself or at Pallet.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cerulean City, Kanto
    Posts
    4,604

    Default

    I'm not trying to stir up any kind of debate or start anything controversial. i'm just stating my opinons from what I've read. This is a thread relating to an episode about Misty, is it not? So that means that I can talk about her to my hearts content. Why does that bother you so much? No one had a gun to your head forcing you to reply to my comment, but since you were obviously hurt and bothered by it, you decided to respond to it...

    And apparently whatever "argument" you're referring to is still relevant if people to this day are still talking about it...It doesn't matter if Misty almost left the show ten years ago, it still doesn't change the fact that she is a part of the show's history, and anything that comes after her and that is related to her in some way won't stop people like me from talking about it. And you're not excluded from that either.

    If it's anyone who needs to get over something that revolves around pokemon, it's you whenever Misty is mentioned. As her fans, we've already come to terms with her departure, but whenever something in the show is related to her in some way, you're ready to blow someone's head off over it.

    You really do need to grow up and get over yourself. Your actions and comments are very childish, and very unfitting for someone who's like...32 years old...

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion Jared 14 View Post
    It's funny how for the episodes that DID focus on Misty and that developed her character, people rated the episodes low with low ratings, and immediately labeled them as meaningless filler episodes...But when it comes to the last episode where Misty was a main cast member, oh people loved this episode! And for the mere fact that people knew that Misty was not coming back to be replaced by May...It's sad how a large portion of the fandom here just seems to hate Misty for some reason...
    Thing is that some people around here are hypocrites.Many Misty focused episodes were of much better quality than some character development based episodes other characters received,but thing is that people who never liked her character will naturally discard anything good related to this character being obvious why they were overjoyed when she got ditched.

    However i wouldnt say majority on here hates her.Very few members this board has posted in here with few negative opinions coming from some fans not representing in any way what is general consensuz among fans on this site.I met alot of people in here who liked this character.

    Its kinda weird but situation varies from site to site making it seem like fanbase got split in several fractions.On some sites like pokecommunity 90% of members are Misty fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    On an unrelated note, its interesting how short Misty's goodbye is when you stop to think about it. She's gone by the first commercial break, and the last 10 mins just have Ash by himself or at Pallet.
    Persionally i enjoyed more in her goodbye than it was case with other girls departures which lacked emotions or suspense.This is one of most heart tearing episodes to this days being sad to see group of friends of Ash,Misty and Brock splitting after all those adventures they had.
    Misty being forced to leave wanting to continue travelling with her friends just made things even more emotional.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,699

    Default

    This episode was ok... It was sad to see Misty and Brock go at that time.

    It was great seeing Ho-Oh in the anime again. The Flashbacks were very cool. It was cool seeing Ash and Gary become friends not rivals anymore.

    30/100
    Last edited by G50; 24th February 2011 at 6:35 AM.

  6. #106

    Default

    SUPER depressing episode. I wish Misty would come back more her and Ash are meant for each other!!!!





  7. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Ash had to say goodbye to Misty, as if that wasn't sad enough, Brock, "oh yea i have to back go too, i got an e-mail and all ..." , i was like "wtf brock? :| "

  8. #108
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,604

    Default

    I thought the episode was sad and interesting in the same concept.
    Misty leaving was sad but hey its the writers we should all be mad at.
    In conclusion i thought this episode was a 9/10 overall.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    =D
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I hate this episode,but...its very good episode. Good and mysterious. I don't know what should i think about this. Friendship or more? I've watched this when i was kid. Now i'm mature and this episode hurt me. Ash is stupid. This bike is not the reason why she traveled with him. Their story began and ended with a bike... When she's gone, Pokemon died for me. No Misty = no show. Its just my opinion. My insignificant opinion.
    Cheer.

    sorry for my english, its not really good :/

  10. #110

    Default

    This episode is a good episode. It's sad to see Misty leave the show though.
    Brock was also kinda funny in this episode and I believe he started to cry when they split up Lol.
    Also Ash started running after they split up, that was kinda funny to me also lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by placement View Post
    I hate this episode,but...its very good episode. Good and mysterious. I don't know what should i think about this. Friendship or more? I've watched this when i was kid. Now i'm mature and this episode hurt me. Ash is stupid. This bike is not the reason why she traveled with him. Their story began and ended with a bike... When she's gone, Pokemon died for me. No Misty = no show. Its just my opinion. My insignificant opinion.
    Cheer.

    sorry for my english, its not really good :/
    You're probably one of the only persons who said they hated this episode. I liked it. People were reading into Misty and Ash too much of a romantic deal that they never really gained a real friendship like they were supposed to. They were so busy arguing about non sense that I never heard Ash say the stuff he said to her. I guess stuff like that only happens when you're about to get kicked off the air. Why couldn't this nice pleasant stuff happened when they were on?

    My ideal battle ever!

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    For me, this was a horrible episode. Misty is forced to abandon her goals and dreams, because her sisters force her to become a Gym Leader against her will, screwing up her life... 0/10 for this episode...
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 13th February 2013 at 9:00 PM.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Ugh this episode affects me a lot. I cant even. Original trio for life. & I hope that by now she's on her own journey because staying in the gym was never her intentions and It never will be she wants to become a water pokemon master.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    It is another one of my favorite episode in the entire series. It would have been a lot better if Brock had a situation like Misty and Ash did. When you think about it, Misty having to face the Invincible Pokemon brothers ( although Ash and Brock joined in the battle) and Ash having to face team rocket alone. Plus it would have been nice to have a Brock montage as well.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Ugh this episode affects me a lot. I cant even. Original trio for life.
    I totally agree!


    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    I hope that by now she's on her own journey because staying in the gym was never her intentions and It never will be she wants to become a water pokemon master.
    As seen in Pokemon Chronicles, she isn't. And unfortunately, I think she's still working in the gym... I don't see her sisters taking their responsibility...

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,952

    Default

    This episode aired 10 years ago back in 2002. I don't see why you guys feel "affected" by it. Misty was never supposed to last in the anime forever and I can't imagine her staying in the show for 750+ episodes.

    I find it bizarre that people view this episode, where Misty left even before the first commercial break, as some big deal, when in reality this was VERY EARLY in the series. Misty didn't even make it to the halfway point of the anime. I think she's only in like 38% of the shows total episodes now.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    This episode aired 10 years ago back in 2002. I don't see why you guys feel "affected" by it. Misty was never supposed to last in the anime forever and I can't imagine her staying in the show for 750+ episodes.

    I find it bizarre that people view this episode, where Misty left even before the first commercial break, as some big deal, when in reality this was VERY EARLY in the series. Misty didn't even make it to the halfway point of the anime. I think she's only in like 38% of the shows total episodes now.
    It is true that Misty wasn't in more than half of the anime, but Misty has fans. Some people, including me prefer Misty over May, Dawn, and are PokeShippers and Misty fans. That makes this episode so sad for Misty fans, Original Series fans and PokeShippers.

    About the commercial break: in the Netherlands, there isn't a commercial break during episodes, and there also isn't a commercial break on my VHS's, DVD's and on the Internet.

    But why does it matter that Misty left before the commercial break? Misty left during this episode, it doesn't matter where in the episode.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    johto
    Posts
    188

    Default

    The episodes that tell the story of misty are awesome ! I love finding out how misty came to be and many other things bout her !
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    I find it bizarre how Cyber is here when he doesn't even LIKE the character we can say what ever we want because we are Misty fans and this is an episode about MISTY I also find it hilarious when I scroll up and I see Jared telling you a lot of things If it's anyone who needs to get over something that revolves around pokemon, it's you whenever Misty is mentioned it's something you still haven't gotten over for all these years you've been here. ..It doesn't matter if Misty left the show ten years ago, it still doesn't change the fact that she is a part of the show's history, and always will be & anything that comes after her and that is related to her in some way won't stop people like me from talking about it. How you're still in this thread is beyond me.


    Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I totally agree!
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    As seen in Pokemon Chronicles, she isn't. And unfortunately, I think she's still working in the gym... I don't see her sisters taking their responsibility...
    Yes in pokemon chronicles but by now I think she is on her own journey!! because it is shown how some gym leaders leave to learn and travel and since mistys goal is to be a water pokemon master (worlds strongest water trainer) and seeing how gym isnt enough and how older seasons showed what is needed to do to come closer toward it,key for improvement is in leaving said position for certain period of time so its logical. And daisy showed signs of being able to run it!! GYM is the least problem as writers can easily fix this when Misty traveled with Ash her sisters were running the gym so that showed that they WERE responsible.
    Last edited by Blessed; 29th January 2012 at 10:00 AM.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,884

    Default

    It's sad on how sometimes people forget the whole episode in general and yet talk about only one character. Brock did leave for four episodes too. Plus, it was interesting on how weird Nurse Joy kept her bike there for that long. There was so many questions that I just said "whatever' when it was over. But misty should have just told her how she felt. It would have been easier. I know Ash is dim but she knew that so she would know to just tell him. He probably just didn't know.

    My ideal battle ever!

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Hogwarts, naturally.
    Posts
    975

    Default

    This episode is hard to watch for me because it's an end to the closest comradery the show has had, ever. As Brock says, they truly were best friends. Not to get too corny, but it reminds me of a quote from "Perks of Being a Wallflower": 'And in that moment, we felt infinite.'

    They had their ups and downs, but the golden trio was absolutely inseparable. I found myself tearing up.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.



    ^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

    Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

    Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City.
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    This episode is hard to watch for me because it's an end to the closest comradery the show has had, ever. As Brock says, they truly were best friends. Not to get too corny, but it reminds me of a quote from "Perks of Being a Wallflower": 'And in that moment, we felt infinite.'
    Uh, Brock was still on the show after all of this. And so on and on. As far as the group goes yes, there was that best friend chemistry they had. I just had got tired of them. Both were doing nothing for gaps at a time so things had to change in some ways. I don't think Ash would be who he was if he didn't experience different people and places. That's all I'm saying.


    Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    Uh, Brock was still on the show after all of this. And so on and on. As far as the group goes yes, there was that best friend chemistry they had. I just had got tired of them. Both were doing nothing for gaps at a time so things had to change in some ways. I don't think Ash would be who he was if he didn't experience different people and places. That's all I'm saying.
    Not necessarily. One of main reasons why original traveling companions were not fleshed out to same degree like their successors was due to writers inexperience just starting out back than, not knowing how to handle several things properly like it was case afterwards. Also formula was in OS mainly centralized around Ash and his journey with Misty and Brock playing supporting role helping him to grow as trainer, while pursuing their own dreams.

    In my opinion original trio could have worked in Hoenn, if writers took them in new/fresh directions doing something more significant with their roles.

    Or thy could have added May as fourth traveling companion,excluding Max. Honestly i think it would have been far more interesting if Misty was kept and May joined trying out group with two girls at same time in cast. That would be something new bringing dynamic to unexplored and different level.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Or thy could have added May as fourth traveling companion,excluding Max. Honestly i think it would have been far more interesting if Misty was kept and May joined trying out group with two girls at same time in cast. That would be something new bringing dynamic to unexplored and different level.
    I'm not so sure about this....a lot of the main characters pokemon would end up getting shafted big time.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,952

    Default

    Fun fact: This year marks the 10th anniversary of this episode.

    Since it aired in November 2002, once we hit November of this year it'll have been 10 full years since Misty left the anime. My does time fly.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •