Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Catch Ya Later! (275)

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    I'm not so sure about this....a lot of the main characters pokemon would end up getting shafted big time.
    How so? There were plenty episodes in Hoenn and BF which werent focused on Ash and May, let alone Brock being of no importance for character development or having Max playing some role which was largely limited due to lack of pokemon not having opportunity to properly shine.

If Misty stayed as part of cast with May joining in, there would probably be made certain changes to groups team with May or Ash perhaps catching one less pokemon each,but frankly for good development you dont need a lot of screen time. I think we all could survived without Skitty, or some like Torkoal getting less screen time persay being small sacrifice to make room to additional trainer in cast, compared to all benefits which could presence of second girl in cast bring.

Imo it would be interesting to see how would group dynamic work out between two girls in cast. Misty would be given chance to get more development being took in new directions and judging by demand this would be far more welcomed than inclusion of Max,. Which lets face it was never much popular.

Whether group would have four or three characters in case Misty stayed, even if Brock left i still think things would be more interesting at very last for sole fact of writers trying out something fresh and unused before.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Fun fact: This year marks the 10th anniversary of this episode.

Since it aired in November 2002, once we hit November of this year it'll have been 10 full years since Misty left the anime. My does time fly.
    I dont see what is so amusing about it? Misty was great character, left in reality before her time was up having may things unexplored in her story being hanging in air, and whether we like some character or not no one deserves to end up forgotten and abandoned like he never existed in first place.

Well, it's good that someone is actually keeping track of how long these episodes were done. Because sometimes I forget. It doesn't mean abandonment, it just means that we all remember and (some of us) care.

My ideal battle ever!

MISTY, the first lady of pokemon!!

Fun fact: This year marks the 10th anniversary of this episode.

Since it aired in November 2002, once we hit November of this year it'll have been 10 full years since Misty left the anime. My does time fly.
    Oh, You're so dedicated keeping track like that. You must have done a little happy dance when she left.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    If Misty stayed as part of cast with May joining in, Imo it would be interesting to see how would group dynamic work out between two girls in cast. Misty would be given chance to get more development being took in new directions and judging by demand this would be far more welcomed than inclusion of Max,. Which lets face it was never much popular.
    That would have been really nice Ash Misty Brock & May. Wonder why Max joined her? having 2 guys & 2 girls would be great and we could get some more interaction.

I dont see what is so amusing about it? Misty was great character, left in reality before her time was up having may things unexplored in her story being hanging in air, and whether we like some character or not no one deserves to end up forgotten and abandoned like he never existed in first place.
    He's trying to agitate the Misty fans. Thinking by saying that it will make us depressed or something crazy like that in his imagination. It's so nice how after all this time people still want Misty back & I agree she has an undeveloped story and well you know the rest lol.
    Last edited by Blessed; 6th March 2012 at 1:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Oh, You're so dedicated keeping track like that. You must have done a little happy dance when she left.

Not really. At the time I thought Misty was leaving for a while like Brock did in Orange Islands. At the time I didn't watch Japanese eps so the only thing I knew about AG was pictures.

Once the dub aired in the U.S. however it was quite entertaining and a nice fresh start. If anything the fresh start made more sense back then as oppose to what BW is doing now.

AG felt like a sequel, BW feels more like an almost reboot.

How so? There were plenty episodes in Hoenn and BF which werent focused on Ash and May, let alone Brock being of no importance for character development or having Max playing some role which was largely limited due to lack of pokemon not having opportunity to properly shine.
    Four trainers just seems like too much to me. The writers can barely handle three teams of pokemon well. Four sounds like a disaster, but that's just my opinion. xD
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 7th March 2012 at 8:29 PM.

I know four is alot but look at what the writers are doing now. They are trying to mass in everyone's rivals and other firends. If they can do stories of those, than four is not problem epecially if one doesn't even have Pokemon.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Four trainers just seems like too much to me. The writers can barely handle three teams of pokemon well. Four sounds like a disaster, but that's just my opinion. xD
    Well to be fair if Misty stayed instead of Brock, and Max joined in we would only have three trainers technically(given how Max wouldnt have pokemon). And even if Brock stayed, given how rarely he battles being breeder which is more focused on taking care of pokemon and group he wouldnt get in a way to anyone development. I dunno, i think it would be doable with right repartition of screen time.

Besides i think UnbelievableUrsula raises good point. Going by DP and BW, writers are quite often implementing rivals ad other characters in main group with no on suffering from lack of development, so i think they are definitely able to pull of such thing. Especially if not everyone in quartet are trainers in real sense(like Brock).

I cried when I first saw this episode and cried again rewatching it. Emotions are everywhere. Wonder where I can find the japanese version.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    I cried when I first saw this episode and cried again rewatching it. Emotions are everywhere. Wonder where I can find the japanese version.
    I also can't watch this episode without crying, and I can't even think about it without crying. It's the same as with the departures of Butterfree and Togetic: this episode traumatized me and I'll probably never get over it... Misty is awesome! You often call her the First Lady of Pokemon, and I totally agree with you!

It was funny how Brock managed to interrupt the moment when Ash and Misty were looking at each other.

I shed a tear like a man when I first saw this, and rightfully so! This episode was full of emotion, especially the goodbye sequence. The original trio enjoyed the most meaningful adventures and they were the best of friends. Having such a strong bond together is their claim to fame and they won't be forgotten. I was so glad the last line of the Misty song was false.

Goodbye, funny how that's such a hard thing to say.
    Now it's time to let go but... never thought I'd feel this way.
    Promised not to be sad but... we both knew I was lying.
    Gotta fight back the tears cause can't let you see me crying
    You're more than just my best friend
    What makes me misty most of all,
    In our final curtain call,
    Is knowing that I won't see you again.

But they did see her again in Hoenn. So there is no reason why she can't be seen again, after they are done goofing around with the complete BW reboot. It doesn't really matter what haters say about Misty; she'll never be forgotten and will always be a special part of the franchise. And if she ever gets to come back, then hopefully the writers will have had enough experience with her to make sure she gets good development, interaction, and focus.
    Last edited by Bluelatios*; 4th April 2012 at 4:02 PM.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    I shed a tear like a man when I first saw this, and rightfully so! This episode was full of emotion, especially the goodbye sequence. I was so glad the last line of the song was false.
    The Japanese raw definetly had emotion, the dub took that away really for me when they changed the BGM.

after they are done goofing around with the complete BW reboot..
    Ugh.

BW is NOT a reboot.

Hated this episode. It hurt so bad to watch Misty and Brock peace out. I keep hoping they'll bring 'em back at some point. Like, as a trio. One last run in Kanto! Heaven knows the new regions drive me nuts...

~Iareto~

Quote Originally Posted by Iareto View Post
    I keep hoping they'll bring 'em back at some point.
    Brock stayed on the cast, Misty returned for a few episodes.

Like, as a trio. One last run in Kanto!
    Another run already happened in Kanto for BF, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    The Japanese raw definetly had emotion, the dub took that away really for me when they changed the BGM.
    I listened to the Japanese RAW...and the BGM was so touching. I got tears in my eyes from that.

Misty's Goodbye was sad...while it was nice for the dub, the RAW really didn't need it to add emotion. I remember crying...or having tears in this episoe of the dub but it wasn't from Misty's song, it was from the whole goodbye scene. Then there was one in the second half when Ash used the silverware and handkerchief from Brock and Misty to save Pikachu. (Was that in this episode?) I got tears in my eyes there....stuff like that really makes me choke up.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I listened to the Japanese RAW...and the BGM was so touching. I got tears in my eyes from that.
    Exactly

Misty's Goodbye was sad...while it was nice for the dub, the RAW really didn't need it to add emotion.
    I think it's clear to see the RAW focused more on the emotional aspect whilst the DUB focused more on trying to make the scene happy and friendly, as if it's a good thing they parted ways and remained friends.

Then there was one in the second half when Ash used the silverware and handkerchief from Brock and Misty to save Pikachu. (Was that in this episode?) I got tears in my eyes there....stuff like that really makes me choke up.
    Yeah that was the same episode. Personally i never found that bit upsetting, nor did i find the goodbye scene upsetting either.

For me i only ever find the REALLY depressing and upsetting scenes emotional (Ash turning to stone, Celebi dying, Lucario's death, Snow Way Out, Pikachu's goodbye etc.), albeit most of them are from movies and most of them involve a tragic on the edge scene.

I can tolerate departures from friends and such, mainly because i know they are fine and nothings at stake besides not seeing each other.

In Snow way out Ash could have potentially died with his Pokemon as he was trapped, that got me.

Brock stayed on the cast, Misty returned for a few episodes.

Another run already happened in Kanto for BF, sorry.
    He meant that writers reunite them for last saga or something to have one final adventure as group which started everything.
    Also i dont think its farfetched to expect Ash revisiting hometown region before anime end with Misty and Brock return making stronger connection to past and Ash hometown region from where his journey started with their reunion being done for continuity purposes.

Having them reunited for one last adventure imo would be nice way to wrap up long lasting show like pokemon with things coming full circle bringing spirit of older daysThis would also provide opportunity to see writers finishing things going for them being given some character development and provide better finality.

He meant that writers reunite them for last saga or something to have one final adventure as group which started everything.
    Also i dont think its farfetched to expect Ash revisiting hometown region before anime end with Misty and Brock return making stronger connection to past and Ash hometown region from where his journey started with their reunion being done for continuity purposes.

Having them reunited for one last adventure imo would be nice way to wrap up long lasting show like pokemon with things coming full circle bringing spirit of older daysThis would also provide opportunity to see writers finishing things going for them being given some character development and provide better finality.
    Ah fairplay.

Personally i'd just like to see all of Ash's past companions join Ash and cheer him on as he enters the champions league for a final saga.

Although at somepoint, i would like to see Ash enter the Indigo League again, i just feel since Ash has already travelled twice now in Kanto that it's even more unlikely it'll happen, let alone have both Misty and Brock return for it who have both been established to not really have any opportunity to do so.

Ah fairplay.

Personally i'd just like to see all of Ash's past companions join Ash and cheer him on as he enters the champions league for a final saga.
    I also think everyone should return to finale,but prior to that i believe original trio should be reunited for one mini adventure together.Not only to tie up loos ends and give them some more development but also because it would make sense to have most iconic and recognized group being sent on one more ride,being nice way of wrapping things up with cast which started anime.

But anyway thats just me.

Although at somepoint, i would like to see Ash enter the Indigo League again, i just feel since Ash has already travelled twice now in Kanto that it's even more unlikely it'll happen, let alone have both Misty and Brock return for it who have both been established to not really have any opportunity to do so.
    Well seeing how he originated from that region, it would make sense in a way if he won league and battled E4 there during climax of his adventures. After all if you intend to become best trainer in world, proving yourself in region where you come from would be good and logical start.

As for Misty and Brock,while unlikely they have some small chance of seeing light of the day again coming back.Writers could easily bring them back if wanted having unfinished thing on which they could expand with original trio being extremely popular even now with many wanting them back.
    Last season would be perfect opportunity to have first group reunited because it would hold significance and purpose behind it.

But they did see her again in Hoenn. So there is no reason why she can't be seen again, after they are done goofing around with the complete BW reboot. It doesn't really matter what haters say about Misty; she'll never be forgotten and will always be a special part of the franchise. And if she ever gets to come back, then hopefully the writers will have had enough experience with her to make sure she gets good development, interaction, and focus.
    Which is why the line makes no sense. Misty returned by what...the 42nd ep of Hoenn or so? She already had her return appearances to the show.

And this year actually marks the 10th anniversary of this episode. The show has gone on without her for a decade and she hasn't had any real cameos since the middle of AG back in 2006. Considering Iris is designed to be so similar to Misty, I think that says a lot that they made Iris have Misty's exact role instead of going back to an older character.

Which is why the line makes no sense. Misty returned by what...the 42nd ep of Hoenn or so? She already had her return appearances to the show.
    By return people dont meant appearance, but return as main companion again.

And this year actually marks the 10th anniversary of this episode. The show has gone on without her for a decade and she hasn't had any real cameos since the middle of AG back in 2006. Considering Iris is designed to be so similar to Misty, I think that says a lot that they made Iris have Misty's exact role instead of going back to an older character.
    Except Iris is similar to Misty as much as Dawn was to May which isnt saying much. In personality aspect only similarity they have is liking to tease and be cynical. In everything else characters are largely different , which includes their dreams and backstories too.

Also last time i checked Iris isnt serving role of Ash coach or mentor, and cant say Cilan is either with focus being more directed toward development of their own stories acting more like evaluators than coaches tbh.

Being sidekick doesnt mean having exact role as previous one.

Reason why Iris and Cilan got supporting role in first place was simply to mirror BW games and vibe of "fresh start"going back to formula of one main star and two sidekicks. Bringing older character at start of BW would collide with intention of Unova being portrayed as new and largely different start compared to any region Ash traveled through so far.

However does that mean Misty couldnt become in theory main character again? In theory she could, no matter whether some would like or dislike this.
    If anything imo,Misty and Brock will always have chance to return because they made pokemon popular in first place,becoming iconic and worldwide recognized. Impact they left on anime and fandom was also huge with many people missing them. First group of characters is usually viewed as something special in almost any show which replace characters with people viewing it as someone who set up groundwork for future generations to come, and because of that original traveling companions could if not sooner return and play significant role in last pokemon saga.

Logically speaking some could say they could be saved for final region where reunion would create better impact and emphasize more on writers picture of having things coming full circle providing they decide to end series in that way than it would if they reunited them randomly somewhere in middle of anime just to have group dismantled again.

Hated this episode. It hurt so bad to watch Misty and Brock peace out. I keep hoping they'll bring 'em back at some point. Like, as a trio. One last run in Kanto! Heaven knows the new regions drive me nuts...
    I hated it too it hurts, and I agree people would def's love that.

Yeah, it does. but she was with Ash the longest. & her last cameo was in 2006. & I'm not gonna continue this just read pokefans essay and thats that.

after they are done goofing around with the complete BW reboot. It doesn't really matter what haters say about Misty; she'll never be forgotten and will always be a special part of the franchise. And if she ever gets to come back, then hopefully the writers will have had enough experience with her to make sure she gets good development, interaction, and focus.
    UGH IKR? the reboot is so ridic. & aw I like that because it's so true she won't be forgotten and will always be special to the franchise the first lady of pokemon!! & I really think that as a character she deserved rivals, her own theme song, & to win competitions )water related)
    Last edited by Blessed; 6th April 2012 at 3:32 AM.

Yeah I really didn't like this episode either. They could have done Brock's goodbye with this much emotion at the end of DP. Not bring him back for another couple of years then finally kick him off with a new goal.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Hello, once again I came across that scene where Ash was kneeling down on the ground and cried in the rain. Also Misty, Brock and Pikachu were sad behind him. This short scene was seen in the episode "Gotta Catch You Later" in a scene montage, at the moment when the trio had to split up.

I wonder if that scene of Ash crying in the rain is from an official episode, as I don't remember anything like that plus I can't find sensible answers via Google. Please enlighten me!

I am not particularly sad about Misty not being a main character anymore, I am disappointed about how the gym thing came out of nowhere, maybe if they planted the seeds for it earilier...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast