Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 67

Thread: Hoenn Alone! (276)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Purplesurge-Unreal IRC servers
    Posts
    6,698

    Default

    This episode was ok... It was interesting to see Ash and Pikachu together just the 2 of them, and then Ash tries to call on his Pokemon for help even though he no longer has them with him. It was sad to see Pikachu so sick at the end of this episode after the magnetic machine affected him. Ash's Hoenn outfit is very cool.

    20/100

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    512

    Default

    I really liked the transition made from Johto to Hoenn. The fact that this episode was mainly just Ash and Pikachu heading to Hoenn. And that cliffhanger ant the end with Pikachu's illness. It was an awesome episode to watch

    8/10





  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    The first Original Series episode without Misty... It's horrible... However, seeing Pikachu end up with Meowth was nice. But still 1/10, for being the first post-Misty episode!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    The first Original Series episode without Misty... It's horrible... However, seeing Pikachu end up with Meowth was nice. But still 1/10, for being the first post-Misty episode!
    So sad, & this episode wasn't even good. another pikachu & meowth episode when there was already one in the OI lol. WE LOVE MISTY & SHE IS IRREPLACABLE.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    So sad, & this episode wasn't even good. another pikachu & meowth episode when there was already one in the OI lol. WE LOVE MISTY & SHE IS IRREPLACABLE.
    It was nice to have an episode with Ash traveling by himself. As for being I irreplaceable then why are there 3 girls in her place?

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    No matter how many girls come into pokemon Misty will always be my favorite!

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It was nice to have an episode with Ash traveling by himself.
    I know right? Gary travels by himself, Ash should do the same.
    Last edited by Blessed; 25th February 2012 at 10:56 PM.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    Seeing Ash alone was kind of nice for a while. I'm glad May was introduced later on. I always loved the Hoeen saga. it was funny and interesting most of the time. Mostly because of Contests and because of Ash's outfit.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 26th February 2012 at 1:38 AM.

    My ideal battle ever!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    No matter how many girls come into pokemon Misty will always be my favorite!
    I totally agree. She got three replacements, and none of them was equally good or better than Misty, she was too good to be able to get a good replacement. Which means Misty is irreplacable, you are totally right! Misty is awesome, unlike May, Dawn and Iris.

    I know right? Gary travels by himself, Ash should do the same.
    No, Ash should travel with Misty and Brock, and no one else. Original Trio for life!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I totally agree. She got three replacements, and none of them was equally good or better than Misty, she was too good to be able to get a good replacement. Which means Misty is irreplacable, you are totally right! Misty is awesome, unlike May, Dawn and Iris.!
    Thanks so much!! I totally agree I LOVE Misty, All of the girls that replaced Misty never "replaced" Misty. Thats a fact. That's why I say she's irreplacable.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    No, Ash should travel with Misty and Brock, and no one else. Original Trio for life!
    Aw I agree, OS forever <3

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Thanks so much!! I totally agree I LOVE Misty, All of the girls that replaced Misty never "replaced" Misty. Thats a fact. That's why I say she's irreplacable.
    But they essentially did replace Misty, which is why Misty isn't in the show anymore. And their popularity in the fandom shows that most people aren't obsessed with one particular character.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Thanks so much!! I totally agree I LOVE Misty, All of the girls that replaced Misty never "replaced" Misty. Thats a fact. That's why I say she's irreplacable.
    You don't have to thank me for that, I totally agree with you. Misty is indeed irreplacable.

    Aw I agree, OS forever <3
    And you are 100% right. Original Series-loving, PokeShipping Misty fans who prefer Brock over Cilan unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    But they essentially did replace Misty, which is why Misty isn't in the show anymore.
    That doesn't mean Misty can't be irreplacable. Literally speaking, she can be and was replaced, but her replacements weren't as good as her. At least, that's my opinion and Angel's opinion. It's all up to opinion, there is no fact about who the best PokeGirl is.

    And their popularity in the fandom shows that most people aren't obsessed with one particular character.
    That doesn't change the fact that Misty is still popular, that she still has fans and that many people want her back as a main character. I know that won't happen, but that doesn't keep me from having (unrealistic) dreams.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 26th February 2012 at 8:50 PM.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pallet Town, Kanto
    Posts
    718

    Default

    I have a feeling CyberCubed will come any minute now

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    I agree this ep itself was pretty boring. I don't know why they ended the original series on a boring filler story about Pikachu and Meowth befriending wild Pokemon from a group of Haunter.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    But they essentially did replace Misty, which is why Misty isn't in the show anymore. And their popularity in the fandom shows that most people aren't obsessed with one particular character.
    What eva Cybz. like I said the gurls who replaced her didn't actually replace the character who she was and what she brought/contributed to the show.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    You don't have to thank me for that, I totally agree with you. Misty is indeed irreplacable.



    And you are 100% right. Original Series-loving, PokeShipping Misty fans who prefer Brock over Cilan unite!


    That doesn't mean Misty can't be irreplacable. Literally speaking, she can be and was replaced, but her replacements weren't as good as her. At least, that's my opinion and Angel's opinion. It's all up to opinion, there is no fact about who the best PokeGirl is.



    That doesn't change the fact that Misty is still popular, that she still has fans and that many people want her back as a main character. I know that won't happen, but that doesn't keep me from having (unrealistic) dreams.
    Thank you! very much. Glad we agree our gurl is irreplacable. Misty brought something to the table that obviously no other character did. When you have people who say they would start watching the show again if Misty returned, you know she did her part, and you know her part wasn't a nuisance.
    Last edited by Blessed; 27th February 2012 at 9:38 AM.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Thank you! very much. Glad we agree our gurl is irreplacable. Misty brought something to the table that obviously no other character did. When you have people who say they would start watching the show again if Misty returned, you know she did her part, and you know her part wasn't a nuisance.
    That's because some people only watched the show for Misty. If that's why they watched, then they clearly had no idea what the anime was about.

    I actually wish there were more episodes at the end of Johto with Ash traveling alone for a while, like maybe 5 episodes of just training at Pallet or something before he headed off to Hoenn.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,124

    Default

    Episode itself was pretty subpar. We had Ash heading alone toward Hoenn leaving all pokemon behind and taking Pikachu with him. Only intriguing thing was TR and battle between Arbok and Weezing. I certainly didnt welcomed another overused scenario of good guys being paired up with TR having to overcome their differences and work together. Perhaps it would be more enjoyable if humans got paired(reason why i liked "Forrest Grumps") but seeing Pikachu and Meowth going on solo mini-adventure wasnt something to write home bout,although Hinter was fun and i guess TR magnet provoded half-decent reason behind Pikachu usual regress in strength at start of new region.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    That's because some people only watched the show for Misty. If that's why they watched, then they clearly had no idea what the anime was about.

    I actually wish there were more episodes at the end of Johto with Ash traveling alone for a while, like maybe 5 episodes of just training at Pallet or something before he headed off to Hoenn.
    Maybe some,but majority of people which disliked when Misty left at end of Johto didnt watched this show only for this character with several not being even her fans. Reason was more because of original group itself being disbanded which was extremely popular among people finding they had great chemistry and dynamic together. When Misty was taken out they found how cast lost important member which brought humor, tension and balance with anime losing certain charm she brought and identity, which none of other females brought.

    There is a reason why out of all existing groups in pokemon, biggest demand exists for original trio reunion. Out of all replaced girls biggest demand is for original girl return too,which explains many things.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    The majority of the fandom is not obsessed with the original trio. This is why Brock's departure was so well received and why Misty was never brought back as a main character after 10 years.

    The fact that we've never had one says a lot.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The majority of the fandom is not obsessed with the original trio. This is why Brock's departure was so well received and why Misty was never brought back as a main character after 10 years.

    The fact that we've never had one says a lot.
    Thats because fandom changes with lot of today fans being new generation of kids which started following pokemon series past Johto. Needless to say it passed 9 years since their disband with people not talking about it so much like they used to when this was still recent. Majority of older fans and veterans is advocating for original trio reunion,with there being showed thousands of them(going by petitions, various sites etc)which wants Ash,Misty and Brock back for one more go.

    Likewise whenever poll was made suggesting original trio return,more often than not majority wished that they get some last Hura together as group viewing fitting that those which started everything get some recognition.

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    from a group of Haunter.
    Fine with me.

    -----------------------------

    In all seriousness though, this was a terrible episode to end the OS series on, it wasn't neccesserily boring but it was the fact it didn't really relate to anything and was all over the place from one minute Ash being on a boat, to fighting TR, to wild Pokemon, to Pikachu + Meowth teaming up etc. etc.

    There was to much going on for the episode to take any focus.

    A much better scenerio would have been (considering this is the first time Ash travelled abroad and alone to a region) Ash and Pikachu practically planning out there new journey.

    A COTD could have been around telling him everything about Hoenn, showing him something on TV, pointing out a Legend/Myth in a book (Kyogre + Groudon) etc. etc.

    It ultimately could have ended with Ash and Pikachu looking out at the sea thinking about their past in the OS, they notice Hoenn is approaching and TR come and hurt Pikachu (as they do in the episode) ultimately setting up the next episode for Pikachu having a fever.

    That or a nice proper reunion episode with Ash's Pokemon and family.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    Agreed. The last ep of Kanto had a big party at Pallet. Would have been much better than a boring filler plot like this.

    The only important thing was Pikachu getting sick which continued into the next ep

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    That's because some people only watched the show for Misty. If that's why they watched, then they clearly had no idea what the anime was about.

    I actually wish there were more episodes at the end of Johto with Ash traveling alone for a while, like maybe 5 episodes of just training at Pallet or something before he headed off to Hoenn.
    The anime is about Ash, yet Misty was a main character though and how can you say that? there are people who have watched AG & DP and still prefer the OS because of Misty.

    I actually wish that too, except at the start of hoenn. Ash traveling by himself lets say idk 10 episodes, and then May appears.


    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The majority of the fandom is not obsessed with the original trio. This is why Brock's departure was so well received and why Misty was never brought back as a main character after 10 years.

    The fact that we've never had one says a lot.
    You've said the same line for about a gazillion times. It is so clear that you find Misty to be overrated.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Agreed. The last ep of Kanto had a big party at Pallet. Would have been much better than a boring filler plot like this.

    The only important thing was Pikachu getting sick which continued into the next ep
    But I liked that Ash was alone for once. Plus it showed that he had matured once he had got on land and met May. This is why I loved Hoenn because they made a slight change for Ash.

    My ideal battle ever!

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    The anime is about Ash, yet Misty was a main character though and how can you say that? there are people who have watched AG & DP and still prefer the OS because of Misty.

    I actually wish that too, except at the start of hoenn. Ash traveling by himself lets say idk 10 episodes, and then May appe

    You've said the same line for about a gazillion times. It is so clear that you find Misty to be overrated.
    Well I still like Kanto and Orange, so you're right to an extent. As for a new series it's normal to see the female protagonist introduced right away. This is why Max didn't appear till the third ep and Brock to the fourth.

    It would have been better to see the last 3 or so eps of Johto with Ash by himself pondering what to do next.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The majority of the fandom is not obsessed with the original trio. This is why Brock's departure was so well received and why Misty was never brought back as a main character after 10 years.

    The fact that we've never had one says a lot.
    Are those wrong claims really nessecary? Many people want Brock back, that means his departure wasn't well received.

    I didn't watch Pokemon just because of Misty, I got into it because of liking Butterfree as a little kid, when I saw Pokemon for the first time. I watched more of it because I liked Butterfree so much. The first episode I saw was "Challenge of the Samurai" But that doesn't mean I can't think Misty is an awesome character. And I didn't watch Pokemon just for Misty, I also gave the newer series, without Misty, a fair chance, and I hate them.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    Are those wrong claims really nessecary? Many people want Brock back, that means his departure wasn't well received.
    A small group of people VS. millions who watch the anime. Seeing random comments on forums doesn't represent the millions who watch the show.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •