Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get The Show On The Road! (277)

A very good starting episode for the Advanced Generation, it was well done

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

It was a nice introduction to AG. I liked Sick, evil Pikachu, and I loved the Team Rocket Mecha. It was also a fine time to introduce May, I loved her character.

Good opening to a new region. My first impression of May was 'Oh my god...She doesn't actually CARE about pokemon, she just wants to TRAVEL? What the hell man?'

But later on i found myself loving May. She was awesome throughout Houen. I even found myself becoming an Advanceshipper until i came to my senses and began liking Contestshipping.

But back on topic.....This episode was great and i was glad that a new girl was travelling with Ash. Great first episode and a overall 8/10 ^_^
    [IMG]http://i16.*******.com/6gl23xc.png[/IMG]

I just bought the volume set from an anime store and watched the episode, it was pretty cute. I was a little annoyed with how May only wanted to use Pokemon to travel but at least she got used to them and started to like them as it went on. The advancedshippy scene was cute and it was neat seeing Ash/May travel together alone without Brock for once.

Edit;

I saw this episode when it first aired but rewatched it becuase I didn't see it for along time.

A very good beginning to a new journey in the Hoen region. I really like the way May is introduced in this episode, she really doesn't care for Pokemon even though she grew up around them in her dad's gym, but later in the series she becomes a very good coordinator.
    I liked Jessie being all depressed in this episode by the fact that they've been chasing Ash & Pikachu since the 3 episode of the series. Lastly I have to say this Pikachu 2 Bikes 0.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Cartoon network is showing this entire saga. Though I like what they're doing, there's two things i don't like:

1.Calling them "new episodes" (when they clearly are not)
    2.They skipped the Johto Leage Championships series (so there were some episodes that I never got to see totally skipped)
    A proud member of:SPPf Christian Alliance

When I asked Jesus how much he loved me, he said "This much."
    Then he stretched out his arms...and died for me.

Click so they hatch and grow:

I'm going through my Japanese AG episodes in an effort to do research for a Hoenn-era fan-comic I'm working on, and I decided to watch 'em in order from the beginning. This is one of about three subbed episodes I have (the rest of them are just raw Japanese without subtitles), so it made following the plot a bit easier, but I suspect I would have enjoyed it anyway. It's been a while since I watched the anime at all, and I'd forgotten how much I love the Japanese voice cast - with the level of devotion they put into their roles, you really feel for the characters and forget that there are people behind a microphone somewhere. That's a feeling I can honestly say I never got with the dub.

My only gripe is that the Rocket-dan's subplot didn't get much screen time. Musashi's crisis of whether or not Pikachu is still worth trying to steal would have been interesting if it'd had more time to shine. As it is, it only amounts to about a minute and a half of the episode. But there's a lot going on in this one, so it's kind of understandable. Oh, and being the MST3K geek I am, I couldn't help but fire off a classic riff from the episode "Alien from L.A." when Haruka screams upon seeing her bike get electrocuted - "It's so implausible! Aaahh!"

This episode has one of my favorite Ookido-Hakase Pokémon Lectures, by the way. That face he gets after Entei roasts him is classic. And speaking of the ending sequence, I'd forgotten what a joy it is to see the credits in their unadulterated Japanese form - on a more serious note, I seriously think that "Because the Sky is There" is the most beautiful song I've ever heard.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Pretty good but May's dad is a gym leader so she should have a lot of knowledge since her 7 year old brother Max(that is his age as of debut)has more knowledge at the time.But I liked it when the duskull scared May!

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Pretty good but May's dad is a gym leader so she should have a lot of knowledge since her 7 year old brother Max(that is his age as of debut)has more knowledge at the time.But I liked it when the duskull scared May!
    I don't necessarily think Haruka would have to have gained any knowledge of Pokémon training from her father. It strikes me as the type of situation where Senri wants one of his children to follow in the family gym leading business, and Masato just has a greater interest in it than Haruka does.

I have a thread of conversation that I'd like to discuss about this, but I'll save it for when I watch AG003.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

You do realize that besides the Duskull thing, all of that was for AG003.....
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    You do realize that besides the Duskull thing, all of that was for AG003.....
    Yeah - hence why I'm saving the rest of it for that episode.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts

I really liked May's introduction ^_^

I was so worried for Pikachu... when it lept out the window and ran away. And when it bit Ash, I winced. And once again, Team Rocket is responsible for Pikachu trashing another girl's bike!

(Not to mention how worried I was over Prof. Birch's maniacal driving o_o) May interacting with Mudkip was funny, but I'm glad she took Torchic instead. And Ash took a shine to Treecko, didn't he? ^^

Quite good all and all.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I loved May's first episode. May was sure funny back then!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

This was a good introduction to May. lol at the bike getting burned.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

another "somebody is getting ill episode", those makers of this series are repeatings this type of epsode again and again, still it was a decent episode though i should not complain.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Nice episode, a good start from Hoenn
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I really liked introduction of May...
    Man, this episode was kinda sad. I didn't liked the fact Pikachu AGAIN got sick/hurt

I loved Pikachu's "bite" on Ash, and the bike that was burned again...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I thought that this was a good epidose to start off the new season in Hoenn. I also thought thus was a good introduction for May. I felt bad for Pikachu being sick, and I felt even worse when I found out Pikachu could explode. I found it ironic that Team Rocket was responsible for both making Pikachu sick and curing it. I thought it was funny when Mudkip used Water Gun at May's face. I thought it was cute when Torchic went over and rubbed against May's leg. I thought it was sweet how May didn't bother Ash about her bike (Ash seems to have bad luck with bicycles) when he was with Pikachu. I thought it was interesting how badly May wanted to travel with Ash.

I found it odd how Ash took a boat to Littleroot Town when there is no sea near it.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

When pikachu's eyes are red, I were thinking "Ohh god!" O_o
    And Pikachu clashed may's bike! Like misty had before XD

Nice way to kick off the new series, imo. It's much better than everyone simply meeting each other and deciding to travel together. And it makes anyone new to the show have to check the original series, just to understand why Pikachu is in such a state. Advertising something said and done, yep.

Hey, it's a reference to choosing the Pokemon in RSE! Next generation of games, the professor needs to be on top of a tree like Birch. That's classic.

I forgot how much of a personality Torchic had - it was nice to see it walk up to May and rub affectionately on her leg, especially after the ordeal she had with the Mudkip the day prior =P

Overall, it's a nice way to kick things off, nothing was really missing in the episode besides a Misty reference, and everyone starts off with a clean slate. Very enjoyable.

Recently i watched this episode again, after some years, so i have to say i really enjoyed it! I didn't remember about how green May was, and watching how much she grow up in the series and using pokemon is terrific.

Prof. Birch being chased by wild pokemon and May getting a water gun in the face still makes me laugh.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

I haven't seen the episode but I have it in annual.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Certainly an exciting way to start off the Saga in Hoenn. It's not everyday that Pikachu loses control of it's powers and goes on a wild rampage. I really liked May's debut part of this episode the most though. She wasn't too "happy" nor too sad, she was just normal. I guess after seeing Misty, I was expecting something crazier haha. She was kinda clueless about Pokemon though. It was entertaining at least, 8/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 11th November 2010 at 3:45 AM.

This was a great debut to the Hoenn region, especially May's debut

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast