Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Ruin With A View! (278)

I love these the three episodes when it's just Ash and May. I felt they were going to be more shippy but instead Brock showed up plus two of May's rivals later on in the series. That's when I stopped watching advanced generation.

My ideal battle ever!

it wasn't one of the best episodes but team magma is introduced now that should be positive.

I din't like this episode, to tell the truth i just zap away to another channel
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I remember this episode on the day when they aired the 2 Advanced episodes back in March 2003. This was the first (And only episode during my teenage year) Advanced episode I've seen. I immediatly liked the way May is designed. Somehow, I didn't mind her replacing Misty. I thought she was all right.

I thought this was a good episode. I thought it was funny when May reminded Ash about her bike when she wanted him to slow down. It's too bad that May didn't catch the Azurill. However, she got some good advice from Ash about having to weaken it first. I thought that it was interesting that Team Rocket is now responsible for a Team Rocket base in Hoenn. I thought it was a good introduction for Team Magma. I was glad that Ash and May were able to escape from the room they were trapped in, and eventually reach Professor Alden. Luckily Team Magma was impatient and left early or they wouldn't have been able to see Relicanth. I thought it was cute how we were able to see Pikachu's fondness of ketchup again.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Good episode! Nice shiny relecenth (Selling)

Kind of a coincidence that May tries to catch an Azurill of all things, when someone who traveled with Ash just a few days ago wanted a Marill so badly once before. Convenience, or a slap in the face? =P

This episode had a pretty dark atmosphere not seen in many others. It made team Magma out to be a very big threat. Which, considering the Groudon/Kyogre episodes later on, and the way Team Rocket was handled beforehand, is something very worth noting.

Yet, the episode still felt a little lackluster. Team Magma's introduction could have waited for maybe 2-3 more episodes, and the entire episode could have introduced May into the ways of Pokemon training, which would be expected for her second episode. It's an episode that's forgettable, overall.

I really like this epsiode becauce you see team magma so soon unlike team glatice witch yo have to wait around70 epsiodes to see them is action.

Great team Magma episode

And i loved to see Azurill, it was cute...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode was funny. The begining was my favorite part, it showed Ash can be a mentor when he needs to be. They should really do this for the next series, get rid of Brock and have two newbies travel with him. It'd be much better.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Great second episode, though with just a duo and not the usual trio, the cast felt empty. I didn't like that right there.

Loved that Team Rocket was assigned to stay in Hoenn though Gio probably didn't care much about the region. Team Magma debuted, but they didn't appear again for a while.

Loved Relicanth's leap out of the water. It was magnificant. 9/10

This was a pretty good episode. I found May and Torchic failing to catch Azurill and TM's introduction entertaining. I also found it funny how that Archeologist looked just like Brock but with a pony tail.

Cool episode. Team Magma's first appearance was ok. Not something special, but pretty good. Dark pokemon- cool.

May's first capture attempt reminded me a lot of Ash's first time except it was with a Pok&#233; Ball and not a rock. Torchic didn't stand much of a chance against an Azurill it seems. There's nothing like getting ganged up on by the Azumarill line to get a rookie trainer started. It's actually really nice to see Ash act as a mentor here and not as some over-excited kid who acts like he' never traveled outside of Kanto. I like the Team Magma made an appearance so early on in the series. Their intrusion of the Pok&#233;mon Center was a little exciting. Team Magma seemed a little badass with their threats and stuff too. There were some standard Team Rocket procedures in this episode too. I don't really like Relicanth so I don't care about it appearing here. The episode was very nice overall.

This is I guess why I liked Hoenn because of how they made Ash after being in Johto for all that time. They should have did the same thing for BW. They didn't even have to change the age or anything. Just the attitude.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Mightyena and Team Magma for the 1st time. Torchic vs the Water Pokemon was very funny to watch. It was cool to see an Azurill for the 1st time. It was cool to see Ash telling May that she has to battle the Pokemon in order to catch it.

39/100

Great episode, Ash teaching May that she has to fight the poke in order to catch it showed that he was experienced at least unlike BW to be honest I liked this start more.

Highlights: Team Magma appearance yay! they appeared early, Ash & May reach Oldale Town yay and Ashy signing up for the Hoenn League, the start of a journey!

10/10

I like how Ash is teacher some what to May. I like how they spend time each other too.

My ideal battle ever!

I remember being absolutely determined on figuring out how Brock would be returning (this was before I'd begun frequenting fansites). When there's gossip about the new gym leader at Petalburg, I just KNEW it would be Brock, that this would be the business he had to take care of.

...oops.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I wished that guy was in place of Brock. I think I liked seeing his eyes and not have to listen to bad sweet talk every episode.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

This was really a nice introduction to how bad and awesome Team Magma was. It was also nice to see Giovanni assigning Team Rocket to the Hoenn region and I loved the emphasize on May being a rookie trainer. And hey, this is the first time I heard the Hoenn battle music too during the battle at the end with Team Rocket. I always enjoyed hearing that theme.

As Angel mentioned, seeing Ash teaching May how to catch Pokemon was nice. Seeing Relicanth this early in AG was also pretty cool. And Azurill, Marill and Azumarill are such cuties! ^_^

7/10

A Ruin with a View

Episode two and Ash is already into it with May. I actually didn't have a clue they ever had any scrapes, guess it makes sense since he had some with Dawn and Iris early on as well. I thought it was hilarious the way May was telling Ash how she offered him her help with showing him the way to the next town. It really shows how adventurous and energetic Ash is and how May alludes to how Pikachu baked her bike in the previous episode. I liked how May was pretty ignorant to the idea of out-of-the-ball Pokemon. I enjoyed how May's Pokedex had a feminine voice and going for an Azurill capture right off the bat, but not weakening it first was a nice mistake and it was funny Ash tried to stop her from doing that and explained to it had to be battled and the typical type crap. God, Torchic was so pathetic, Piplup, Pikachu, and Axew were all vastly better off the bat.

Team Rocket being assigned to set up operations in Hoenn and the fact Giovanni is aware that they're spending all their time tailing a Pikachu around the world was an interesting revelation and so that's their "promotion" apparently, also liked Butch and Cassidy. May certainly was hesitant to go to the Petalburg Gym, GEE I wonder why. :P Other than that this episode really for the beginning half might as well have been called a "Ash introduces May to Pokemon" type deal with all the type stuff, capture stuff, Pokemon Center tour, etc. Thus this episode debuted May's obsession with food. Having Team Magma appear so earlier off the bat was definitely a smart thing that AG did, wish the other sagas had implemented this. BW seemed on mend with TP's appearance around the 20's. Arbok and Weezing being forced back into their Pokeballs by Roar from Houndoom shows how uncreative and cheaper attack animation was back then.

I liked how May decided to tag along with Ash so she wouldn't "miss out on the adventure" given early on she seems more like a damsel than an adventurous type. Thought it was weird how all the other trainers seemed to magically disappear during the second-half of the episode. Shame Ash never got to confront the Magma Grunts, probably because Pikachu would get killed by those Houndoom and May would be useless. Though he did a good job of defeating Arbok in about 20 seconds and sending TR flying with ease. I have a bit of a hard time believing all that **** they did lasted to morning time, but oh well. The real treasure of the ruins being Relicanth was lame. I also thought at the end of the episode "Alden, no one gives a **** about your research."

Pretty good episode. May tries to catch and Azurill, but fails and Team Magma appears for the 1st time. 7/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Decent episode, it was funny seeing May fail after attempting to catch Azurill. Seeing the 3 evolutions for it was nice, though Pikachu was a bit rude for shocking them. I was surprised that May didn't know anything about a Pokemon Center. Just because Little Root Town doesn't have one doesn't mean you can never go into one. She needs some serious touring, even for the basics. Wow, so sad. Team Magmas debut, they seem really evil and I loved the new Hoenn battle music. The COTD was too basic for my tastes though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast