Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Ruin With A View! (278)

Default A Ruin With A View! (278)

A Ruin With A View!

With New Trainer May, deciding to join him on his Journey...Ash decides to go to Oldale Town to Register and find out information on the nearest gym. However on the way there they meet an archeologist who is looking for Ancient Pokémon...however Team Magma are looking for the same thing...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Hales Guest

Did Ash actually end up signing up for the League? I remember them going in and Torchic being hurt, but all I saw was them asking Nurse Joy to take care Torchic, but I don't remember Ash asking Nurse Joy about it.

I did enjoy this episode though, it was good to see Team Magma for the first time too.

Yea..same here..i got that exact question...

hmm...i wonder...i hope someone does have answer...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Factory Head Noland Guest

I liked the intro of Team Magma in this episode, Giovanni seemed really shocked when Jessie and James told him that they were in the Hoenn Region.
    "What?! Your in the Hoenn Region???"

This ep is one of the few with Arbok and Weezing in Hoenn.

Hales Guest

Yeah but Arbok and Wheezing didn't do too much... hee!

I found out that Ash did indeed sign up for the Hoenn League (duh ) but it was off screen, he told Prof. Oak that he'd signed up.

Shiny May Guest

I thought this episode was funny with the Torchic vs. the water pokemon. The rest of the episode was okay too but I thought that part was the best of the entire episode !!

vulpix Guest

....did ash even register for the hoenn league?

^Better look at previous posts ^_^ He did register, he mentioned it in the telephone call with Professor Oak.

I enjoyed this episode quite much. It had some funny scenes at the beginning, and mystery was included too. Nice way to introduce Team Magma^^

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

PokeFan4Ever7783 Guest

Glad to see Brock is back! Although I can't post anymore in this thread about Pokamon advanced. Cause this is the episode I stopped watching Pokemon a long, long, while back. I've just a few days ago got back into the series. Man I have sooooooooo many episodes to catch up on. Hopefully I can do that as the DVD's come out. Cause ahh I'm so lost in the Advanced Challenge series. I have no idea who any of the Pokemon are. ahh so far behind!!!!
    Last edited by PokeFan4Ever7783; 18th May 2005 at 1:43 AM.

This episode was a pretty interesting introduction to Team Magma. Team Aqua and Team Magma have been pretty good bad guys for the Hoenn saga. At least the groudon and kyogre two-parter's coming up pretty soon, that should be pretty exciting. The rest of the episode was okay. I liked May trying to capture azurill, May wondering if people at the pokemon center are talking about where to shop, her conversation with Professor Oak, and Team Rocket and their pokemon getting nervous when they meet Team Magma.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

It was a grate way to introduce team Magma and to me Ash and May traveling alone in this episode was realy Advanceshipping (In my opinion, two people traveling alone is romantic).

Banner made by May_Beautifly. Im in the May fan club.

Banner made by Rufinito18.

This one was also far better in the sub. The Magma-dan actually seemed intimidating now. The episode preview was also really cool, made it look like an actual gym battle. SS Anne remix was also win.

Also, maaaaatadogaus.
    My name is Sibyl.

i told Kyorge must be appeared, but nothnig
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/155gqqe.png[/IMG]

I Love This Episode

meh. Boring one. Mystery of team Magma. waah
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/155gqqe.png[/IMG]

It's hardly surprising that May had zero knowledge of Pokemon, which could easily explain why she was unable to capture the Azuril.

A good epi. Team Magma where kool and it was awesome seeing the "Weird Shadow Pokemon" lol.

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Okay episode with a cool introduction to Team Magma, May trying to catch Azuril was funny

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

It was real funny when May tried to catch an Azurill, Torchic was so cute as well. I thought the appearance of Team Magma was really good, and it was also nice to see a cameo of Giovanni.

It was nice seeing Ash teach May. Very funny how she had trouble with catching a Pokemon. Man I wish Brock didn't join up with them, it would have made things so much more intresting.

A very good episode Ash & May are continue their journey to Odale Town, May tries to catch her first Pokemon and fails, though I don't like Ashes lecturing of May that she needed to battle the Pokemon before throwing a Pokeball, especially since Ash caught a Caterpie by just throwing a Pokeball. Nice intro for Team Magma (TM) it's to bad they and Aqua both get hosed later in the series in the way of development. It's to bad Max joins up next episode when I originally watched this episode I was hoping that it was just going to May and Ash traveling together maybe introduce the male lead from Gen 3, but alas no. Lastly I got to say the opening for Pokemon Advance is by far my favorite of all the opening they've had for 4kids run.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

A good transitional episode, though the main plot is kind of unengaging since we know we won't see Umezu again. But Kotoki Town isn't really all that special in the games, so I'll give them credit for putting those ruins there and making a story around 'em.

The opening scene where Haruka tries to capture Ruriri is hilarious. I love these early episodes where Haruka doesn't know a Pok&#233; Ball from a hole in the ground, as the dynamic between her and Satoshi is very well written. And this time, everything about the Rocket-dan's subplot is excellent - especially the visuals. It's funny seeing them all crammed into one phone booth (with the receiver pushed against Nyasu's eye when Sakaki hangs up on them), and I love their happy expressions when they pop up from the ground and shout "Tunnel completed!" only to find that they're not actually inside the building. But the biggest laugh I got was when they whisper the opening of their motto - and then Sonansu screams his part like usual and blows their cover, which is revealed to be crouching behind a rock no less than three feet away from the heroes. That's classic Rocket-dan stupidity right there.

The Magma-dan, despite what they'll end up being, is actually kind of intimidating in this one, even though I don't know why they're armed with Hellgar instead of Guraena. I'll admit, it really bugs me when the AG episodes depict Pok&#233;mon living in Hoenn that you can't actually catch there in Ruby and Sapphire. (I know the games don't equal the anime, but still...)

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

It was a good episode, happy that we had Team Magma in it, although I would have liked to see Harlan. I guess it doesn't matter much, and we don't need him for every Magma appearance. Still a very good episode.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Ahaha, May reminding Ash about her bike... where have I heard that before? >D

Oh man, May trying to catch that Azurill was funny... poor Torchic tried so hard! And Pikachu licking the bottle of ketchup! Too cute!

Team Magma was great in this episode! Very intimidating and ruthless; exactly how villains should be. Good episode overall.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Torchic was really cute. Nice intro to Team Magma as well.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast