Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Ruin With A View! (278)

This was an exciting episode, those Team magma folks sure are crooks and TR were funny.

It was also funny seeing May failing at Pokemon but I would have liked to have seen her catching that cute little Azurill

Ketchup and Pikachu together again at long last!

It was cool how Ash was mentoring May in what to do before catching a Pokemon.
    The debut of Team Magma. These guys seem interesting.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

I found May's attempt to catch the wild Azurill to be really endearing; it was just nice seeing a beginner trainer in action. Her Torchic was so ditzy here as well, which made me cackle. I kinda wish that Team Magma had accomplished more stuff here than simply unlocking some ruins, but I suppose that this episode served its purpose overall.

It's weird, of all the starters on the main cast, May's torchic has to be my least favorite :/ It uust didnt do anything before it evolved, and combusken is still my least favorite starter, with it's stupid baggy pants, and awkward looking claws.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    It's weird, of all the starters on the main cast, May's torchic has to be my least favorite :/ It uust didnt do anything before it evolved, and combusken is still my least favorite starter, with it's stupid baggy pants, and awkward looking claws.
    Really? Combusken always struck me as badass when it evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Really? Combusken always struck me as badass when it evolved.
    I dunno, maybe it's the baby beak, the weird looking leg section, or the eyes being way too orange. Sucks since I love blaziken, but I dont care for combusken's design that much.

Azurill,Marill and Azumarill attacking Torchic simultaneously was mean.Pikachu's Thunderbolt didn't even hit them,which was sad.However,the part I really disliked was when a Magma Grunt threw May to the floor.
    Overall,a meh episode.
    3/10

Poor May and Torchic losing to Azurill's family. I liked how Team Magma showed up and then suddenly left disappointed when the ruin didn't contain anything. 8/10

Ah yes, this was back when Team Magma actually seemed menacing and not complete pushovers. Too bad it didn't last.

Poor May failed at catching a pokemon here, but I liked how Ash kind of mentored her. Team Magma's debut was cool especially Team Rocket disliking them and thinking of them as rivals. Too bad Relicanth only got a cameo. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Team Magma's debut was cool especially Team Rocket disliking them and thinking of them as rivals.
    That part was great but Team Magma seemed far above them and the TRio didn't stand a chance against them unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    That part was great but Team Magma seemed far above them and the TRio didn't stand a chance against them unfortunately.
    Yea I know. Team Rocket was outnumbered, plus any ways even if they weren't it was hard to imagine them doing much damage against such a complex organization like Team Magma. ^^;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123