Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There's No Place Like Hoenn! (279)

This episode was cool. It was cool seeing a Vigoroth for the 1st time, and meeting May's parents and little brother Max. It was funny when Ash thought Max was the real gym leader. It was funny when Max kept annoying Ash with facts and everything he saw in Ash's tournament battles. Pikachu vs Vigoroth was an ok battle.

50/100

Unlike Johto where Ash reached Violet City in Ep. 14, this a huge improvement, Ash reaches the first city with a gym in AG3, quite early! too bad the battle is unofficial because Ash only bring Pikachu with him.

Also we know about May's parents and his brother Max, he was annoying at first but he reminds me of one ole friend o' mine!

Ash loses to Norman, Vigoroth was strong and the journey to Rustboro begins!

the third episode in Hoenn was great and enjoyable!! 10/10

Nice eoisode. I like the way they introduced Max he was cool at the beginning of the Saga but was anoying near the end. I knew Ash wouldn't win.9/10

This episode was pretty funny. This was the only episode, I didn't find Max annoying. It was funny seeing him call Ash, Alph.

A good episode I like May's parents & I love how Ash explained to them all how he has traveled before to many places it was a nice thing to hear. I'm actually glad Max joins, dunno why everyone's complaining LOL, I wonder why the writers never wanted a 3 trio of Ash Brock & May oh well it still turned out well that Max is joining it'll give May some babysitting skills.
    Last edited by Blessed; 11th February 2012 at 8:40 AM.

Max made the group fun to watch. Having only Brock would have been just as boring as in DP.

My ideal battle ever!

This summer, I've decided to go through the Hoenn saga, this episode was okay, the only thing that I did not like about this episode was Max. He honestly cannot stand him in this, he was so annoying, yes it was nice how he brought up the Johto league, but his interactions with Ash and even Torchic were so annoying.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

^ But he's right about Treecko being better than Torchic. (shot)

I loved how cocky Max came over to Ash and teasing him about his results during the Silver Conference. The battle between Norman and Ash was great too and Pikachu did his best, but Vigoroth was obviously the better one. The other thing I liked was how Max was "If it was me, I would choose a Treecko!" and Torchic responds by attacking him lol,

I liked seeing Max tease Ash with his loss against Harrison, it was pretty funny. I also liked the battle between Ash and Norman, and it was good to see Ash lose: a loss every now and then keeps him realistic. Torchic attacking Max was funny too, and I liked to see Ash miss Bayleef: my favourite of Ash's Pokemon. Ash should've brought her to Hoenn, he knows how much Bayleef misses Ash (which we saw during the Whirl Cup). Anyways, this was a fine episode, 8/10.

There's No Place Like Hoenn

I liked how May talked so big and kindly of her father at the beginning of the episode but moments later acted like she really didn't know him the sense a daughter would a father and got all sentimental about it. Pikachu waving goodbye to May when she said "later, Ash" made me smile for some reason. I liked how Max recognized Ash from the Johto League Silver Conference and his eyes were glowing because he was impressed and how Ash was annoyed with him. I swear he has the most fitting voice for a young kid his age, I remember TPCi's being more of a preteen nerd while 4kids' sounds like a lil' Einstein, kinda fitting given he matures later. Those flashbacks to the Johto League and being able to see Ash in his previous outfit, he certainly looked younger in OS clothing. The interactions between Ash and Max were nice and they do really remind me of siblings in this episode, too bad this doesn't stick for much longer and they feel more like companions in a sense which I guess is better.

May brings up her bike again, cool beans, hope this is the last time though. We especially didn't need a flashback for something that happened an episode ago. So Ash considers Brock. Tracey, and Misty "some of his best friends?" Max continuously dropping hints about wanting to go on a journey got a bit old quick, though I did like the speech about how Ash wants to use solely new Pokemon for his Hoenn Journey. Vigoroth solely using Scratch the whole battle was so stupid, I guess Norman didn't want to go hard on him because it was an unofficial battle? But still it seemed kinda weird. The way Caroline said she didn't think Ash had a chance against Norman and his Vigoroth bothered me for some reason. Though I thought it was hilarious the way Max started dick-riding as soon as Pikachu showed he was no pushover. Something I don't mention enough is I like it when trainers mirror their Pokemon when commanding them in battle, what Norman did with Vigoroth.

Max screaming at May to help out with her Pokemon was a great wake-up call, sure Max can be a bit snarky at times but he definitely forced May to do something. Poor Max took a lot of abuse this episode from being attacked by a few Pokemon like that and being hit by May, he probably is one of my favorite characters, the fake crying was great. The reference to Noctowl was great as well as Bayleef and shows Ash is lost without them there to help. Team Rocket pit-holes, that takes me back. XD "Big bad mad dad." Jessie, one of the uncommon moments I find TR funny. May's crappy Pokemon knowledge moments continue, "Amber", really? :P I guess Max getting the role of the Navigator is better than him not doing ****, being he has zero Pokemon.

Decent episode, it was funny as heck with the scenes where Ash and Max were arguing with each other. The battle was kinda meh though with Pikachu getting destroyed by Vigoroth. I give this a 6/10
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

This was a great episode. Hilarious how Ash took pleasure in Max getting pecked.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Ugh, this episode took me weeks to finish. It's just boring tbh. Well, at least it's nice to know that May was added for comedy relief as I did chuckle at a lot of things that she said. Her parents are decent, but nothing special either that makes me think they're fun enough. Max is a balance of annoying and funny which seems to run in the family. Okay Max joined the gang, it'll give May some baby sitting skills and less times for Ash to look at Pokemon with the Pokedex. Since you know, he's a Pokedex without batteries.

Max annoyed me a little at first when he kept mentioning Ash's loss in the Johto League. However, I did find it funny when he kept getting Ash's name wrong. I also loved how Max got attacked by the Pokemon - pecked by Torchic, electrocuted by Pikachu, etc. Also, another part I found funny was when May & family all fell into Team Rocket's holes.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. It was a nice introduction to May's family.

Nice, I like how the title linked into the episode! I really enjoyed it, I am enjoying this saga.

Torchic is awesome, I hope Ash can catch a pokemon soon!

I'll start by mentioning that I like how the title screen shows where they are in the region. (Behind the title)

I liked that "I must hit him!" expression Alf had when Max would mention his rank in the silver conference, usually wrong.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Norman looked so handsome here tbh. Anyway, I liked the flashback to Ash's loss against Harrison, but I didn't really see the point of Ash and Norman's battle since it wasn't even official. Seeing Vigoroth knock Pikachu around was oddly satisfying though. Seeing Torchic captured by Team Rocket made me sad; Torchic's expression was heartbreaking.

I remember beong so angry when I watched this ep as a kid, Norman was myfavorite gymleader, so it really felt like a baot and switch IMO. Vigoroth is still as annoyingly OP as I remember, but at least the rest of the episode was good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123