Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Poached Ego! (282)

Default A Poached Ego! (282)

A Poached Ego!

At the next Pokémon Center, Ash & Co. discover there is a Pokémon Poacher around and decide to help Officer Jenny catch it. However Team Rocket, while travelling to get Pikachu, find some Ekans and Koffing caught in a cage. They decide to set them free but when the Poacher arrives, he decides to attack. Will the Poacher get his just deserts?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

ZTcrazy Guest

*Sniffs* This is such a sad episode, seeing Arbok and Weezing go. Also, it's funny when Ash says that they're some good people in the world, when he doesn't know that he's referring to TR!

Overall rating, 8/10.

Blue,Too? Guest

This is one of my favorite episodes, simply because how sad it is. *sniffle* Why did they have to leave .

Well, I give this episode a 9.5/10

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode is so sad when Arbok and Weezing leave *sniff* I miss them!!!

But James does catch Cacnea in this ep! Every cloud....

At the end of this episode Jessie only has Wobbuffet.

Possibly one of the worst dubbed episodes. :\ The emotion portrayed by the voice actors were bad, especially Eric Stuart who felt like shouting all of his lines and also doing Weezing's voice. The music, which was a rather sad piece and only played once before during the episode Satoshi, Kasumi and Takeshi split apart, was torn apart and tossed aside. The sad little instrumental music during Tyranitar's assault on the Rocket Gang was replaced with synthesized music that didn't fit the scene. It was just awfully done. :/
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

It's so sad that Team Rocket hardly get any positive episodes these days. I'm glad for episodes like these where they get to be the heroes, because it proves that they aren't always 100% the bad guys (a large number of episodes, yes, but not all the time). It's also too bad that the twerps are almost never aware of Team Rocket's good deeds (freeing them from Nanba, leading Brock and Miranda to the king and queen).

Oh yeah, and I love that Cacnea joins the team in this episode too.

Shiny May Guest

I just saw it (dutch version) really cool
    I like the way that Team Rocket got their own episode. Ash and co nearly didn't appear at all !! The scene where they wanted arbok and weezing to leave was also very touching. And Cacnea being so cute and all. Very good too
    I like the battle Rico had with TR and that Pupitar evolved. I really thought, TR really doesn't have any luck at all in this episode. Fortunately, James did get a new pokemon and I'm glad he has it. It fits him perfectly !!

Rating : 10/10 Truly an amazing episode !!

What can I say, this was a very emotional episode. It was really sad to see Arbok and Weezing leave after all the years they've been with Jessie and James. It was really touching watching TR endure Tyranitar's attacks so that their pokémon could escape the poacher, knowing very well that they would never see their friends again. Needless to say 4Kids ruined all the emotion by removing all the sad and touching music and replacing it with their own garbage, but I don't think it was quite as bad as another dub episode...*coughtogepicough* >_>
    ~

vulpix Guest

TR did a good thin by releasing Arbok and Weazing i was tired of them anyway.

I really missed Arbok and Weezing. But the good news is,James got a Cacnea.
    Poor Jessie has only a Wobuffet in the end .
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

Quote Originally Posted by ailunvideogames
    I really missed Arbok and Weezing. But the good news is,James got a Cacnea.
    Poor Jessie has only a Wobuffet in the end .
    Isn't it a little sadder that for a few moments there, James had NO pokemon? Not that it hasn't happened before with "So Near Yet So Farfetch'd" and "Once in a Blue Moon", but this was *official*.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

A truly sad episode. Arbokk and Matadogas have been in the anime since nearly the begining, and I thought it was great they went out with such a bang. I didn't like Matadogas' new dub voice though, thankfully it was just for one episode.

I would have liked to see a Hoso special to see how they're doing at the moment though...

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

It was sad but they drug the sadnness too far and then it wasent sad

Melissa Guest

This was one of the saddest episodes of the series. Arbok was one of my favorite pokemon on the show, but I guess they had to go to make room for Seviper and Cacnea.

Such a sad episode. I wish to see this episode over and over again. The way Arbok and Weezing fled so sad... Giving Cacnea some cookies a true act of kindness.. It couldnt even open the plastic bag.

This was a sad episode. I hated to see Arbok & Weezing go & having Arbok replaced by that lame ripoff Seviper. Do you think they'll see Arbok & Weezing again? I sure hope so.

I'm unsure why people insist it was dubbed horribly. The music people cite played for what, five seconds if that? I'll grant you that ES can't do James anymore, but that's been a problem for years and it wasn't any worse in this ep than it usually is. And as for them shouting rather than sounding worn out--TR is nothing if not determined. Their shouting seemed more IC for them than a weaker tone would have, given how rare it is for them to have a weak tone.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated Nov 20th, 2013)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers)

Even Musashi-tachi should sound weak after being blasted repeatedly by hyper beam. >_>
    ~

In the past, they really haven't sounded weak after being beaten up, only really when they're walking along complaining about how hungry they are. I know it was to make a point, but it was inconsistant (yeah, I know, looking for consistancy in this series is like looking for a needle in a haystack, but...)
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated Nov 20th, 2013)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers)

Rico was an awesome character, but seeing Weezing and Arbok go stunk i really liked them
    ....I'm alive???

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

Wow! I forget sometimes just how good Jessie and James can be sometimes. Just goes to show they do have a little bit of heart. That poacher ticked me off to the core they made even Team Rocket look like good guys. I did feel sorry for them that they lost the Pokemon they've had since the beginning of the show. and I know Ash didn't know but I could've kinda smacked him for saying that not all people are like Team Rocket. I can't remember what he said word for word but it was something like that. If he had only known what they did or what they'd been through I would hope his attitude for them would've been a little different. I definitely give this episode a 9/10.

This was actually a meaningful episode and not something shallow and insubstantial like usual. I loved the irony, the poignant goodbye (seeing Jessie and Misty show emotion gets to me because they so rarely do), and TR's sacrifice to save their friends and the captured Pokemon really give them excellent character development. I've always liked Team Rocket, since they have been shown to be nice on a number of occasions and it's easier to think they're Rocket members partly because they don't have much choice. Definitely well worth my time.

This is the first episode of pokemon to make me cry, it's so sad! 10/10!
    I claimed Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud in the Celebrity 3.0 thread, Keitaro and Motoko from Love Hina in the Couple 3.0 thread and Kaolla Su from Love Hina in the Bishie 2.0 thread!

Current ASB ranking: Lv3 Trainer, B Grade Ref
    Win: 7, Draw: 0, Loss: 6
    KOs: 30 TPs: 113 SP: 15.5

Many thanks to Jukain for this legendary trainer card!

This episode was definitely the most saddest episode in Pokemon. GCYL was overrated IMO.
    I saw the Japanese version of Arbok and Weezing's goodbye, barely made me sad.... but the dub's music jerked tears from me and even a week later when I heard a similar song, I cried my eyes out.
    I think the Japanese episode's sadness was like THIS IS SAD SAD music, BE SAD!!!! and the English episode's sadness came in subtle but then deep and really hurt you after realizing that two Pokemon who have never been parted from their trainers (excluding Island of the Giant Pokemon) leave and their trainers doing it for the better.
    So beautiful and sad....
    edit:
    I also think Rico was really hot. I hated him and loved him at the same time..... we so need more people like that in the show.
    Last edited by Crystal Clair; 8th June 2006 at 11:51 PM.

Whay haven't Ash and co. wondered where Arbok and Weezing went in the future episodes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast