Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Poached Ego! (282)

I was really sad to see Arbok and Weezing go like that.
    Probably because they were with them for so long, I grew more attached to them than I thought.

I never realize how attached to one of these Pokemon I get until they leave.

Godspeed Arbok and Weezing, you will be missed.

Claimed by me!

I thought that May learning about the various Nurse Joys was pretty funny, and I also giggled when Meowth got zapped by the cage's bars. When I saw Arbok's expression when he saw the trapped Ekans, I screamed; that's the first time I've ever thought of Arbok as adorable. Seeing TR get hurt was saddening, but at least James got Cacnea.

It was a good episode. It was still sad to see Arbok and Weezing go. I wonder if Jessie's Arbok would've beat Tyranitar if it used Dig or if it had moves like Earthquake, Giga Drain, or Iron Tail?

This was really the saddest release episode. The only one that makes me cry.

I would have loved to see Ash's reaction if he knew it was Team Rocket who helped the Pokemon escape.

There is a horrible horrible irony to this episode - Jessie and James are forced to part with their beloved Pokémon because of the actions of a Pokémon Hunter motivated to capture them for profit, and it very visibly hurt them.

And throughout the whole episode niether of them consider - "is this how the twerp must feel when we take his Pikachu." Team Rocket have spent the entire series up to this point trying to take Pikachu away from his Pikapi and present him to their boss for their own shelfish purposes. Only a few episodes previously their trick with a giant magnet nearly cost Pikachu his life. They almost murdered Pikachu - how would Ash have felt.

Now we are being positioned to feel sorry for them when essentially they are given a taste of their own medicine. Certianly it's a sad episode and it did make me want to cry at points - but I have to wonder why the same level of emotion has never gone into an attempt to capture Pikachu. And what really gets me is an episode later Team Rocket are at it again - trying to steal Pikachu for their own shelfish ends.

Ash and Pikachu have a much stronger bond to each other than either Jessie or James have with Arbok and Weezing - I imagine it hurts Ash 10 times more when he sees the trio treat his partner like dirt and try to hurt him in every single episode of the series, but that doesn't seem to have crossed their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    This was really the saddest release episode. The only one that makes me cry.

I would have loved to see Ash's reaction if he knew it was Team Rocket who helped the Pokemon escape.
    I don't think it would change his opinion of Team Rocket. Only a few episodes ago they almost killed Pikachu - he'll never forgive them for that. I don't think Ash is vindictive - he's not going to tell them that it serves them right and I imagine he would sympathise for them out of the fact that he's a kind and good natured person who genuinely hates it when Pokémon suffer. But prehaps if he was smart enough he would point out to them well this is what you do to me and Pikachu and I have to protect my bestfriend/soulmate/lover from you all the time.

As a Pikashipper my view of the episode is this - Rico didn't do anything to Jessie and James that they haven't done to Ash and Pikachu. Why does no one cry when Team Rocket steal Pikachu, especially when they nearly killed him.

9/10 - Emotional, good Team Rocket episode but hard to feel sad about when dare I say it Team Rocket deserved it.
    Last edited by Pikachu52; 31st July 2015 at 3:59 PM.
    This is a story about Ash Ketchum and his loving partner Pikachu. These two share a bond far beyond that of ordinary pokemon and trainer. Together they pursue Ash's dream to be pokemon master and make friends with many different people and pokemon along the way. He and Pikachu train everyday to make this happen to fulfill their dream. But the path to victory is lined with danger. There are many challenges ahead for this couple. Ones that will make them see the world in a new light.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234