Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tree's A Crowd! (283)

In my HEAVILY biased opinion, it was an awesome episode.

Mainly because of Treecko having tonnes upon tonnes of pure awesomeness and badassery packed into the form of a 1 foot lizard pokemon.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

it suprised me when treeko smacked one of his own kind.i know why he did it though.never the less,nice episode.

Pretty good story about Treecko's. I hated how Ash just assumed that they stole Cacnea. Oh well. Great catch for Ash.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a giood episode, too bad that the tree broke but hey, new pokemon.

I love Treecko, and it put up a great fight to protect that old tree.

I'm glad it ended up with Ash though.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Episode was good, but nothing special. Ash's Treecko and that old man Treecko were annoying...

Too bad fir Treecko's tree. Good thing Treecko decided to go with. (And now look at where it is....)
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

I thought this was a great episode. I thought it was really neat seeing all of the Treecko. I thought it was funny when May lectured Ash about how to catch a pokemon when he just gave her that lecture recently. I really admired Treecko for sticking up for his beliefs against the elder Treecko. I thought it was touching how Treecko kept trying and trying to revive its tree. I also thought it was sweet how Ash and Pikachu helped it. I lauged how Ash's first reaction to James' Cacnea is that he stole it. I am glad that Ash captured Treecko who seems to be very strong.

I thought it was ironic that May thought that all the Treecko were cute, but when she saw one at Professor Birch's lab she thought they were "freaky". I guess she is just getting to like pokemon more and more.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

When I first seen this episode I find it amazing.

Wow, Treecko so soon in Hoenn huh?

I was glad to have Ash capture it. He needed some new Pokemon for his Rustboro Gym Battle. I just didn't like the whole plot with the tree and stuff...

5/10

Treecko was very strong, i loved it..
    And i loved how Ash helped the Treecko with the old tree.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode was pretty good. I liked Treecko's determination to save his tree and it was sad that it died anyway. But I'm glad he decided to go with Ash in the end.

The sadest part was with the tree..
    Treecko reminds me Bulbasaur at that time. Was very ambitious.

This episode was ok... It was great seeing Ash catch a Treecko in the end, after battling it. The tree looked great, too bad it split after the Treecko worked so hard on it. It was cool seeing new growth after the tree split. I like how Treecko always has a stick in its mouth.

37/100

Yay! Ash catches a Treecko! the colony of Treecko lived peaceful lives, it's sad the tree had to die, it was ancient.

It was nice Ash has a time with Pikachu on their own, while Brock, May & Max had other worries haha. oh and James' Cacnea Ash tought they stole it >_>

Nice ep. 9/10
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 16th April 2011 at 9:07 PM.

Can't believe that Treecko is voiced by the same guy who voices mewtwo! holey treecko tree! pokemon voice actors are extremely tallented when it comes to voice range!!
    Genesect, deoxys, mew, elgyem, beheeyem, i will find yall and you will all be my friends.

the episode in general was alright i mean it is hoenn after all
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Sorry guys, it won't let me edit my posts, darn it! Anyway, I notice in the part of the episode after team rocket is defeated and Pikachu and Treecko are laughing and playing for a moment, the song that plays is the song that plays in Mewtwo Strikes Back when Mew is playing on the windmill. I also caught a few songs from Pikachu's vacation in this episode.
    Genesect, deoxys, mew, elgyem, beheeyem, i will find yall and you will all be my friends.

Cute episode really loved the tree scene, 9/10
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

A dull episode. Treeko has never been a starter Pokemon that I liked and Ash's was no different. The tough Pokemon attitude turned me off since it reminded me a lot of Ash's Bulbasaur and the plot of the episode wasn't very interesting.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Well, I applaud them for introduction Treeko so well and I think the synopsis was alright done. It's also great to see capturing that hothead of a Treeko. Later on, it became such a powerhouse in Ash's arsenal. The whole concept of the tree was alright, but could have been done better in my opinion.

It was nice to see Ash catching Treecko, one of the most important Pokemon of Ash's AG team. Seeing the tree split in half was sad. There's not much more to say about this episode for me, 6/10.

Tree's a Crowd

Max: I said we should have taken a right in that fork in the road but you insisted on going the other way and now we're lost!
    May: But this path looked prettier and and it has all those awesome flowers! There's nothing more dreamy than strolling through lovely flowers~

God, what a vomit-inducing dialogue exchange. I think that just shows right there the writers may have been figuring out May's character, I'm so glad to know in the long run the writers don't make May out to a bland, girly-girl, princessy, air-head. Not to mention she's usually the burden to the group and tires out quickly and her Torchic has been portrayed as useless 100% of the time. Can't wait to see her drop this demeanor, I don't even know when she does. I presume sometime around Wurmple's capture which I'm really looking forward to. Also getting a bit tired of May and Max/Ash's little spats, they're entertaining in moderation but they're happening way too often for my liking. I'm just so glad that May isn't going to be made out to be "Typical girly girl, doing typical girly things."

When you want to catch a Pokemon you should weaken them in battle first so they have no defense when using your Pokeball, is that what you taught me the other day, Ash Ketchum? Pokemon Master, huh?!
    Okay, that made me laugh. :P May has a fast learning curve, I must admit.

Anyway this was a decent capture episode, Treecko's capture, one of the best Pokemon in the whole show. I always liked the way he kept a twig in his mouth as a sigh of his badassery. I liked getting a mention of Misty. I liked seeing Ash toss a Pokeball at the Treecko without weakening it despite criticizing May for doing the same thing not to long ago. Way to be a good role-model, guess he got caught up in the excitement of it all. The whole tree plot was not very engrossing at all for me, though I did like the explanation of why Grass-types don't take much punishment from Electricity and I also liked Cacnea's debut to Ash. Shame it didn't do more aside from pop the balloon and fire a Pin Missile at Treecko though.

Max & May fighting @ the beginning was extremely irritating to see. And why did May call Treeko 'cute' when if memory serves 5 episodes back she was all like "Creepy!" Seriously make up your mind May! As for this episode, well it was uninteresting for the most part because of the Tree. Though there were some funny moments here & there but that's about it.

I can't help but feel this is one of the sweetest and nicest episodes in the entire anime, and AG isn't even my favorite series. Yeah, it's somewhat corny, but this is the kind of episode that shows what the anime once was, and really who Ash once was. I miss this Ash a lot: this episode really shows what kind of character he once was in my eyes. It's rather hard not to feel touched when Ash said that "Pikachu, Treecko's doing everything it can to save this tree from dying, but is it too late, do you think?" and then Pikachu says "Pii-kaaa..." The clips of Treecko trying to help the tree survive by carrying leaves, feeding the tree by putting the water in the ground so that its roots will absorb it, are just...god, the genuinely humble writing gets me everything. Ash and Pikachu helping Treecko even if it means they would get hurt and would lose time they could be getting more badges just to do the right thing...now that's the show I really loved.

The dub replaced a lot of music, but what it came up with to replace it wasn't bad at all. In fact, some of the dub background music is really...quite nice, actually...and really complements some of the scenes nicely, even if it wasn't right to replace a lot of the original JPN background music. The only 4Kids dub BGM that annoyed me is that one with the horn-esque noise, but the rest of the tracks were pretty fitting.

As far as the dub goes, Veronica Taylor absolutely nailed the role of Ash in this episode. She put so much emotion and sincerity in Ash's voice, and her pitch as well as her tone were pretty much perfect at this point to me. This episode is really a true testament to how great her voice was for Ash: you can't help but feel for the character due to the warmth, sincerity, and kindness Veronica put in his voice this episode.

Brock was pretty funny with his wisecrack about May and Max, too: "It's great to see them getting along so well" indeed.

Team Rocket was entertaining as well. Annoying, yes, but still enjoyable.

May and Max's annoying banter in the first half of the episode is pretty much the only thing I disliked about the episode. However, I actually liked Max's comment about May: "URGH...you LOOK like a Slugma!"

I always felt like the dubbers and writers used to have a lot more enthusiasm and care for what they were putting out before, and it's episodes like this that show this to be true, IMO.

Rating: 98/100 (A)
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th August 2013 at 4:55 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast