Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taming of the Shroomish! (285)

This episode was really alright. I didn't dislike anything in this episode, nor did I find anything exceptional good. But I did like this filler more than the average filler episodes in Johto. And Shroomish was introduced alright. Hence, this whole episode could just be defined by "Alright".

I didn't really hate or like this episode, it's the typical generic filler. I prefer the OS fillers (yes, also Jotho) over this, but this was alright. 7threst has a similar opinion on this episode as I have, the difference is that I prefer Jotho and that he prefers this. There's not much to say about this episode. 6/10.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I didn't really hate or like this episode, it's the typical generic filler. I prefer the OS fillers (yes, also Jotho) over this, but this was alright. 7threst has a similar opinion on this episode as I have, the difference is that I prefer Jotho and that he prefers this. There's not much to say about this episode. 6/10.
    Yeah, I think I may be a bit wrong on this too. I think I like these beginner filler episodes the most because it feels a little refreshing, but afterwards, I gets less and less and even below Johto standards. Just want to correct myself quick there!

Quote Originally Posted by 7threst View Post
    Yeah, I think I may be a bit wrong on this too. I think I like these beginner filler episodes the most because it feels a little refreshing, but afterwards, I gets less and less and even below Johto standards. Just want to correct myself quick there!
    Well, keep in mind that I really like the Jotho fillers. When something is below Jotho filler standards in my opinion, I can still think it's good.

Dull filler episode. Shroomish don't interest me in the slightest and the plot of this episode was so boring. I'd rather watch OS fillers than this to be honest. Seeing Brock & May shopping together was really awkward, Ash should have gone with Brock instead. Lastly, Team Rocket suffered way too much, it was just ridic.

Team Rocket foreshadows Foongus and Amoongus in this episode. "I think there's a fungus. And they're among us." It floored me when I heard them say this.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

I actually think this was a very nice episode: the COTD's backstory was actually pretty interesting, Ash and Max had a cool dynamic going with each other helping out that Shroomish in the streets, while finally Brock was frightened to death of going to the Mansion but May dragged him along-- I thought that was hilarious, actually.

Team Rocket was actually alright as well, so that was nice.

9.5/10
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Brock was such a wuss towards the haunted mansion in this episode!
    I don't mean that in mean way, though, more a "oh god it was funny how..." way.
    I always saw him as a more brave one in those situations.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12