Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Bite To Remember (287)

Default A Bite To Remember (287)

A Bite To Remember!

When they discover a pack of Mightyenas, Ash & Co. decide to battle them, but a trainer with a Poochyena suddenly comes and stops them telling them that the Mightyenas are her. Max and Poochyena start taking a liking to eachother, however Poochyena wants to evolve to Mightyena. Can Max help it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Max shoulda kept that Poochyena, as the two seemed to like each other. It was funny how it only used Tackle, and Max was so frustrated!!!

Overall rating:
    6.4 out of 10!
    May and Max saw evolution for the first time, so its not exactly a filler. I thought it was quite a good eppy, as opposed to some others.
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Factory Head Noland Guest

In this episode the woman said that some Pokemon NEVER evolve so for you people who think Ash's Corphish will evolve soon you could be wrong, it might never evolve....

After Torchic used ember on Max and Poochyena... did you notice the way it walked away? It walked of like a girl, I'm sure Torchic is a girl. Anyone agree?

vulpix Guest

i thought it was funny when May thought that when Torchic evolves that it will be really big and had 6 or 4 pack abs.

That part with May imagining her Torchic huge and muscled was definitely LOL hilarious. I also liked the part with Team Rocket's "evolution" machine, with Meowth putting on all the different costumes and getting them mixed up at the end.

This episode was pretty interesting, even though Brock's lecture on evolution was boring (I did like him almost assigning a 9000-word essay LOL). I really love poochyenas and mightyenas, which have been powerhouse battlers for me in the games, and I like this showcase episode. Max was really great with poochyena too.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22 NEW!! 10/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

After about 5 minutes, I was desperate to reach through the screen and throttle Max - the fact that everything always has to be his way (forget the fact that he has the behaviour of a 2 year old), and his stops when they don't really hack me off. 0/10
    I claimed Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud in the Celebrity 3.0 thread, Keitaro and Motoko from Love Hina in the Couple 3.0 thread and Kaolla Su from Love Hina in the Bishie 2.0 thread!

Current ASB ranking: Lv3 Trainer, B Grade Ref
    Win: 7, Draw: 0, Loss: 6
    KOs: 30 TPs: 113 SP: 15.5

Many thanks to Jukain for this legendary trainer card!

The one thing that annoyed me about this ep was Max's obsession with Pokemon evolutions, especially when he insisted that Ash's Pikachu should evolve.

This whole episode annoyed me It was so bad that it seemed to delete itself from the tape it should of been on, so it annoyed me even more because I had to wait for Sky One to reshow it just so I could get a few measly TR pics for my gallery. Knowing my luck it's on another tape somehow, so I'll have two copies of it >_<

Ok maybe I'm going a bit OTT, there are worse episodes.

Anyway I noticed while getting the pics that Meowth says "marill" when he's wearing an Azurill costume 0_0 Hmm I must of been half asleep while recording it.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/kdshlh.jpg[/IMG]
    | Fifth Voyager | Team Rocket Gallery | Youtube Channel |

Max and Mightyena would of rocked. Stupid writers. Apart from that a good epi

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

TR's evolution machine was definetly funny, and Max should have kept that Poochyena/Mightyena

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

This episode made my"I hate Max-o-meter"pop dangerously high.We all know Max is prone to pain,so why didn't Poochyena kill him?And it was trying so hard to be funny that it wasn't!-3000/10

Max ruined an okay filler episode with his obsession to get that one Poochyena to evolve, this is why I didn't like Max going on the journey cause they set him up as a know it all, who can never be wrong. The one good part was May imagining her evolved Torchic, it was Torchic on on the roids.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I wish Max would have kept that Poochyena. The 2 were so cute together. Good episode though.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a good episode though it would be better if max would keep the poochyena.

I love this episode, if Max just could keep the Poochyena...
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I've seen this episode last year. I thought it was well done. The preserve ranger, Katrina was all right in this episode. She was okay.

Although the giant Torchic was weird.

Well, if Max was old enough, he would have kept the Poochyena.

Poochyena and Max were good partners, when Poochyena learned bite it was also great.
    this "big" Torchic was funny...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I thought that Max was really annoying in this episode. I didn't like how much he pushed Poochyena to evolve into a Mightyena. I thought it was funny how May imagined Torchic would evolve. I also thought it was funny how Torchic wouldn't let Poochyena beat it in a battle, and it used Ember to beat it. I thought Brock's lecture about pokemon evolution was really good. I felt bad for Poochyena when Team Rocket forced it into their machine. Atleast it was able to free itself and the other pokemon. I thought it was neat that Poochyena did evolve. Especially since it didn't evolve along with the other Poochyena.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Brock gets raped by those mightyenas.
    Poochyena is cute and seeing torchic being buff scares me. ._.'

It was cool to see Poochyena again. After the Birch incident I didn't think it would reappear in it's own episode.

Other than Max and Poochyena bonding, it was bland.

7/10

Poochyena was cute, too bad Max didn't take it.
    I loved to see how it learned to use Bite.
    And it was cool to see Torchic so big...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quite an interesting episode. Max is a bit annoying here with his obsession trying to get a Poochyena to evolve. He seems to think that all Pokemon should evolve and at the click at the finger just because he wants to. Max should have been smarter when that fake machine showed Meowth "evolving" into a Persian. No pokemon can evolve that quickly and even so, the "Persian" was really small and you could clearly see Meowth's face.
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 5th February 2010 at 10:56 PM.

This episode was alright. I liked Max's enthusiasm and will to get Poochyena to learn Bite and evolve, he's going to be a good trainer one day. But there was really nothing else going on in this one.

This episode reminds me an old episode where Ash helped to a wild pokemon to learn a move. So this time Max did it.

Max should have taken the Poochyena with him, maybe next time, Max!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast