Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Things Bright And Beautifly! (289)

Hybrid View

Default All Things Bright And Beautifly! (289)

All Things Bright And Beautifly!

Almost at Rustboro City, Ash & Co. meet a couple of trainers who are practicing for something called a Pokémon Contest, It is where you show off Pokémon's attacks and beauty and so forth. However while there, Ash learns about the Rustboro Gym Leader's Special Attacks and decides to teach Pikachu how to use Iron Tail. Can he do this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

I love this episode! Pikachu learns Iron Tail in it!!
    It was funny when Jessie enters the Contests and gets 0! Why was she telling Seviper to use Sacred Fire? lol.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonisgr8
    I love this episode! Pikachu learns Iron Tail in it!!
    It was funny when Jessie enters the Contests and gets 0! Why was she telling Seviper to use Sacred Fire? lol.
    because seviper doesn't know any good contest moves so jessie wanted to win and didn't because she didn't know what moves it kewn.

Shiny May Guest

I enjoyed this ep a lot
    Good introduction of contests on the show. Jessie getting 0 points was funny and her using all those attacks like Sacred Fire, Blaze Kick etc. Funny XD
    It was good to see May that happy since she ever joined the show. I think it's the first time she's ever been that happy with something. Also that Beautifly was really good, May could learn some of those moves to her own Beautifly now like Flash!
    And of course Pikachu learning iron tail, Ash was a bit too confident when he told Pikachu to use it on Team Rocket.

I can't believe Jessie ordered Seviper to use sacret fire! Lol!
    Formerly known as EeveeandKirliafan.

Check out my fanfic! Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Reflecting Balance

Latest chapter: Chapter 39: "I... I really didn’t mean for it to turn out this way…"

Also, for those interested in Winx Club: A Wizard's Perspective

OMG, a black Jynx. Call teh police *feigns crying* This episode was one of the first Advanced episodes I missed. . But it still looks good. I always thougt I remembered that Jessie had used Seviper in one contest, and now I know which one. Is it me, or do all of the group get contest pass's here. Or were those cards something else?

HG
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

vulpix Guest

it was funny when Jesse entered the contest and got a 0,i thought that was so funny!

It was so weird when I was watching this episode last night, and I saw they didn't have Vivian as the announcer. I guess she must have been introduced in the next contest episode. I guess I got so used to her being the announcer that I forgot there was ever another one. It's also strange not seeing Drew, or May competing, or any of the other things we've seen in the contests since.

Jessie was definitely great in this episode. I liked when she kept trying to get Seviper to do different moves, but Seviper didn't know any of them, and started sweating a river. LOL It's interesting too how Jessie got the perfect 0 score, especially right after I watched the contest where she got the perfect 30 score.

Overall, it was a great episode, and I'm glad May found her purpose in this episode and the following ones. She's become pretty good at contest battles, despite a few missteps, that's for sure.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

NO ONE'S MENTIONED CHAZ. What the hell.

Chaz is hot. Really hot. And he has a nice butt. <3

....oh, and I haven't actually seen the ep yet

Purrrrrrr.

i liked this episode because finaly pikachu learns an attack that is not thunder something. overall it was fun to watch. 7/10

Very great episode because there are two reasons why this is the great episode.

1. Beautifly is very cute & beautiful
    2. It was very funny when Jessie entered the contest AND GOT A ZERO. LOL
    A fan of SpongeBob and a fan of May/Haruka

This Banner is made by Amazingkiss

[IMG]http://i12.*******.com/2djb15c.png[/IMG]
    This Banner is made by Umi Mizuno
    I love May fans & SpongeBob fans

haha. Jessie want to her Seviper attacks with surf,Sacred Fire,Shadow Ball I think
    So stupitt. Today was that episode in Croatia. On the 4 on morning
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/155gqqe.png[/IMG]

The highlight of the ep was seeing Jessie get humilated and when she wanted Seviper to do some ridculous attacks.

ROFL @ Jessie getting a 0 for a score. It's hard to believe how much she improved so fast in the next time she entered a contest.

Chaz and Janet make a pretty good team, thankfully they taught May about the contests or else I'd be sitting here, boring my eyes out with fillers.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno View Post
    ROFL @ Jessie getting a 0 for a score. It's hard to believe how much she improved so fast in the next time she entered a contest.
    Yeah and yet Jessie still loses despite bragging about being top coordinator.

Russian May is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

This episode was really cool. Maybe all thanks to Jessie! Telling Seviper to use Sacred Fire, Blaze Kick, Psywave and Luster Purge was soooo funny!

Good episode.
    i really like this one

A pretty good epi. Pika learns Iron tail which was suprising and kool and May learns about Contests.

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Didn't expect for Pikachu to just learn Iron Tail. And LOL at Jessie in the contest

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A very good episode. One of the things I love about the Hoen season is Ash starts actually teaching his Pokemon different moves that they might not know such as Pikachu and Iron Tail it goes to show you can teach and old Pokemon knew tricks. Loved that this episode is what sets May down her path of becoming a Pokemon Coordinator though it would have been interesting to see her do some gym battles. I'm surprised they never brought Janet back to face off against May seeing as how she's responsible for May actually getting into contests, it would have been nice to see them both face off. Interesting that Jessie has a Hoen contest pass and we don't get any back story as to why she has one and what she was doing in the Hoen region previously, I got a laugh at her ordering Seviper to do a bunch of moves it would never know. The writers must have have been doing some experimenting with this episode and May's first contest since Vivian isn't hosting and in this episode the contests are called competitions. Lastly I managed to catch one mistake at the beginning when they're showing different Pokemon the Slugma they show has Macargo's voice.
    Last edited by Battra; 23rd July 2008 at 3:36 PM.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Eh I didn't like how it was mostly about people training for contests. I hate contests.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

lol that image in the first post, what a timing, it looks like pikachu is taking a dump while ash is behind it looking very interested in it:P

anyway i'm not much into contests and stuff like that but this episode was allright i think.

hahah..your right (s.i.e) it really looks like it XD

And like i say before, i never liked contest like episodes =/
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

It was nice seeing a episode like this, even though this wasn't May's first contest. Im glad that this got May into catching a Wurmple and into Contests instead of Gyms. That wouldve made her look like a Female Ash, kind of.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I thought this was an amazing episode. I think that Pokemon Contests are the greatest part of pokemon. It was too bad that Ash, May, and Brock couldn't enter. I was surprised that Chaz told Ash about Pikachu's ability to learn Iron Tail. All the practice it has done has almost fully paid off though. I thought that the contest battle between Beautifly and Venomoth was fantastic. I laughed hard when Jessie recieved a score of zero for trying to have Seviper used attacks like Sacred Fire and Water Pulse. I just love contests so much!
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast