Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Things Bright And Beautifly! (289)

So thats where Pokemon Contest starts!
    And I cant belaeve Pikachu learned Iron Tail!
    Funny when jessie saying things like Sacred Fire. XD

This was the first time I was actually interested in Contests even though I had played the games where they're featured. They looked fun in this episode but their charm wore off over time. Still, I was interested in seeing May take such a liking to Contests and I liked seeing Ash actually train his Pikachu to learn Iron Tail. 4/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 11th November 2010 at 4:49 AM.

Good contest, although we havn't seen all.

And May's decision was good, i love contests!
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

ha ha, I can't believe that Jessie actually ordered Seviper to use Sacred Fire.

8/10

It sure is interesting to see how far Pokemon contests have come from this episode. Its funny that Ash and co. needed passes just to watch the contest.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

I thought the part where Jessie was ordering Seviper to use moves it didn't know was hilarious! Other than that, this episode was kinda bland and the contest have definitely come along way.

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Beautifly for the 1st time. It was cool to see a Pokemon contest for the 1st time. It was funny seeing Jessie calling out Seviper to use Sacred Fire and other moves it didn't know for the contest. I'm glad Pikachu was learning Iron Tail in this episode.

40/100

A lot of things happened in this episode. So it's a very (somewhat) important episode. Pikachu learning Iron Tail, and Beautifly's debut in the Pokemon Contests.

7/10.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

This episode was alright. It was cool to see Contests for the first time aswell as Beautifly. It was cool to see Pikachu learning Iron Tail.

It's a shame we never saw Janet again after this episode. It would have made sense for her to re-appear as it is in this episode, May and the viewers are introduced to Pokemon Contests.

Jessie ordering Seviper to use Sacred Fire and other attacks just shows how little she knows about pokemon, including her own. She does this in One Trick Phoney also. I felt sorry for her Seviper who was sweating in embarrassment. When Meowth told her to use Poison Tail, she said it probably won't work even though she uses it several times on the "twerps".

My one question is: Does Brock sit by himself during this contest? May and Max are onstage and Ash is busy with Pikachu. If Brock had to sit in the stands that makes me sad.

Also ironic they mix up Slugma and Magcargo on the day Magcargo is the Who's that Pokemon.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

This was a an interesting episode I suppose. It would've been really interesting to see how May and Ash would've tackled gym battles together and possibly start a rivalry between each other in a student v master type deal. I prefer It would've been really interesting to see how having two rivals travel together for a region. Anyway, as for the actual episode itself, I liked it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I thought this episode was really good. The whole concept of Pokémon contests was showed here well and that made Hoenn way better because you had two characters competing in both different things (Ash going for Gym Battles and Gym Badges, and May going for Pokémon Contests and Ribbons) It was also nice to see Pikachu learning a new attack that proven to be very useful later on. Certainly a good episode in many ways.

This episode was there solely to introduce contests, and did a nice job at that. I also really like Beautifly, so seeing it was cool. I also liked Ash's and Pikachu's Iron Tail training, even though I think Iron Tail is an over-used move in the anime. And Jessie ordering her Seviper to use moves it can't learn was funny! This is a great episode, 10/10.

Nice episode to introduce Contests. This episode answered some left over questions I still had about them, so that was nice. It was a bit peculiar seeing another announcer that wasn't Vivian though. It was also strange how Janet never appeared again as it would have been nice to have her face off in a battle against May. Lastly Jessie slayed when she told Seviper to perform attacks it didn't know. Her getting a 0 was really the highlight of this episode.

Beautifly is my absolute FAVORITE Pokemon. Janet's Beautifly's Morning Sun was stunning. I agree with Max in that May used 'awesome' too many times in that one day. It showed how well-trained Janet's Beautifly was in that it could control the path of its long-range move Hidden Power. Beautifly's entrance was stunning, and its Flash was amazingly well done. I know in my Emerald I won the Master Beauty Contest with my Beautifly. I just used Silver Wind and Morning Sun and I won by a landslide. Beautifly lives up to its name since it's a combo of butterfly and beautiful.

~Ayrafeneres~
    ^My Fan Fic^
    ^My Art Thread^

Favorite 6th series episode

Claimed EmolgaAS TeamAsk.fm
    #1 Emolga Fan!

Introduction to contests, Pikachu learning Iron Tail, and the first appearance of Beautifly. All in all a pretty solid episode. 7/10.

Ash needs to go back to Hoenn ASAP just to thank Chaz and Sentret for teaching Pikachu Iron Tail. Its been his clutch move so far in XY and has also come in handy in other sagas too.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

I think its quite interesting how this episode basically sold the anime on Contest episodes. I also liked how they had May watch a Contest before competing in it, it made a lot of sense.

It was weird when Slugma said Magcargo's name and not it's own.

Cool to see where Pikachu first learned how to use Iron Tail.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

May being annoyed by Beautifly when it landed on her was funny, and I was pleased to see a Venomoth that actually did things. Seeing Jessie snatch the last Contest pass and seeing her study for Contests was actually really cool, but her appeal with Seviper was ridiculous and over the top in my view. I'm glad that May helped fight TR as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12