Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonna Rule The School! (291)

Default Gonna Rule The School! (291)

Gonna Rule The School!

n Rustboro City, Ash & Co. meet Roxanne, the Rustboro Gym Leader. It turns out she runs a school and gives everyone a tour. May gets to sit in on a lesson about Pokémon Contests, Ash views the Pokémon Battling and goes to practice Pikachu's Iron Tail and Max has some lessons about the basics of Pokémon. Will everyone have fun?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Johto_Master Guest

hmmm, the discussion hasn't begun yet for this episode :|

Well, i haven't seen it yet (must wait 7 episodes , soon soon)
    But the best thing about this episode, in my oppinion, is the appearence of Typhlosion :P
    I'm really curious how he sounds....TYPHHHH

ChronoAzn Guest

Typhlosion keeps his Japanese voice(Bakuphoon) which goes something like "Bakuphooo"

I think it would have been difficult to make a dub voice for Typhlosion other than a roar.

Johto_Master Guest

it will be broadcasted 29 november in my country
    i'll tell you if you're right :P

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoAzn
    Typhlosion keeps his Japanese voice(Bakuphoon) which goes something like "Bakuphooo"

I think it would have been difficult to make a dub voice for Typhlosion other than a roar.
    His Japanese name is Bakufan, by the way. ^_^

OMG ROXANNE! *explodes* I totally adore her. Which is strange, since most of my Obsession Characters are guys. XD (Mandy, Haarii, Toru-chan, Tad, Nathan, etc. from Pokemon. Alfonso from Skies of Arcadia. Haga-sama from Yu-Gi-Oh. Kaworu from Neon Genesis Evangelion. ^_^o)

But... anyway, Roxanne is awesome. Some people hate her, but I think the fact that she juggles the job of being a teacher AND a Gym Leader is very impressive. I would *so* want to be a Gym Trainer in her Gym.

Edit: Oh, and the episode was pretty screwed up when it aired on ITV. -_- MUST GET THE DVD.

Johto_Master Guest

Roxanne was cool, yeah.
    If I heared right, Typhlosion said, the 2 seconds he was in screen, ROAR!!!
    Something like that, hmmm, i'll know for sure when they are at Flannery's

meggirl63 Guest

I like the part where Ash put those gift shop items on himself. That was funny!

-]5pace.pirat3]+ Guest

meow! roxanne is hawwwt

vulpix Guest

now this is a great episode Max battles for the first time.

Absol5435 Guest

This is my favorite episode! Roxanne is the best! ^_^

This ep kinda reminded me a little bit of Ash and Gary, Max is kinda like Ash really excited about pokemon, and that little boy who doesn't like Max at first, Tommy I think his name was reminds me of Gary. I'm so happy that Max has some experience w/ how to battle pokemon.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Yay, the beginning of one of my favorite ships- spoilshipping (Jessie and Wurmple/Dustox). I loved when Jessie sent her Wurmple out for comparison, then decided to recall it saying it was too cute for the "icky" battle. I liked how she kept arguing with May over who has the better Wurmple for the next few episodes. LOL

Otherwise, this episode was pretty interesting. At least I liked it a whole lot better than "The School of Hard Knocks" (thank goodness there weren't any Giselle clones here, just a Gary clone ). It was interesting seeing Max battle, though I liked him against Vivi in "Candid Camerupt" better (I do like the girl in this episode better as a love interest for him, though).

I do think the episode sends a bit of a mixed message, though. The kids are there because their parents want them to be, even though the one kid is scared of pokemon, but they end up magically working out their problems by the end. I'm not knocking parents or anything, but that just strikes me as a bit odd, that it seems to say your parents had the right idea all along despite your own personal feelings. It's okay in situations where, like, the kid doesn't want to go school, but they have to to get an education. Here, though, the kids had fairly legitimate reasons for not taking the courses, and I end up feeling a little sad for them. I am glad things worked out, but still, something just doesn't sit right with me.

Otherwise, this episode was pretty good. I did like Ash with the souvenirs (LOL) and May not being too thrilled when it came time for a pop quiz.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Roxy Is Sexy!!!!!!!!!

This was a great episode. Roxanne was great. She seems really nice. Her highlighting Brock's training of his Pokemon and the fact she knew him as gym leader makes her one of my all-time favorite characters. For once, Brock, rather than Ash, was the one focused on for the introductions.

The relationships with the kids was a bit too fluffy for my tastes. Not realistic at all. But since when has this show been realistic?

It's great that Roxanne is both a teacher and gym leader. It shows another dimension to gyms as places to do more than battle for a badge.

One of my favorite episodes from the ones I've seen of this arc, anyway.

yap. I missed this episode, but looked picure. Roxana is mmmmm
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/155gqqe.png[/IMG]

Yay Roxanne was really kool. I really liked this epi but that was probably because of her

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

This one was alright, the beginning when Ash dressed up surprised me

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Quote Originally Posted by Andromache View Post
    This was a great episode. Roxanne was great. She seems really nice. Her highlighting Brock's training of his Pokemon and the fact she knew him as gym leader makes her one of my all-time favorite characters. For once, Brock, rather than Ash, was the one focused on for the introductions.

The relationships with the kids was a bit too fluffy for my tastes. Not realistic at all. But since when has this show been realistic?

It's great that Roxanne is both a teacher and gym leader. It shows another dimension to gyms as places to do more than battle for a badge.

One of my favorite episodes from the ones I've seen of this arc, anyway.
    since when has any show been realistic.anyway i haven't seen this eppie,but it seems interesting.

A good episode I like that they decided to premiere Roxanne before the actual gym battle lets you get to know her more. Nice to see May getting more into the Pokemon Contests which is another thing that's good about this episode is it gives May a chance to make a decision on what she'll be doing for the rest of the series. I loved the scene with Jessie's Wurmple and her cuddling it and saying it's to cute to participate in a battle.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I don't like episodes where everyone just socializes with the gym leader. I wanted to see battling. Boring filler.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a decent one i'm not complaining

It was a nice episode, good that Max learn something at that school
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I thought that it was cool how Max was able to have a pokemon battle...although he didn't do so well by only using defensive attacks. I thought that the Trainer's School was pretty neat all around. You can really tell that May doesn't like battling much, and would much rather be a pokemon coordinator and participate in contests. It was also neat how Roxanne mentioned how she somewhat looked up to Brock for being the former Pewter City Gym Leader. I also thought it was neat how this was Max's first time to meet Professor Oak.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Roxy is a good looking teacher.

Well at least we got Roxanne's official anime debut

The rest of the episode was so bland and unnecessary though. A trainer's school? Max battling? He never gets a Pokemon anyway....

For sheer entertainment, a 4/10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast