Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winner By A Nosepass! (292)

Wow, great battle. I loved Roxanne's team, it was simple.

She was tough, her Nosepass was still causing problems for Pikachu despite the fact that it had Iron Tail.

9/10

Besides Pikachu beating Geodude with Electric attacks, this battle was pretty good. Too bad Treecko doesn't learn grass type moves till later on, it probably would have done a lot better in this battle. But overall, this was a good episode.

Pikachu was strong, maybe this was his best battle until that time.

I think Pikachu's Iron tail was very effective. Maybe not VS Geodude, but definitely against Nosepass. Without Chaz's help two episodes ago, Ash would have lost to Roxanne.

I saw this episode before I got Ruby, so I was quite surprised when Nosepass used Thunder Wave. I never would have expected a rock-type to use an electric-type move, so I found that really interesting.

I was glad that Pikachu finally mastered Iron Tail and used it to win the battle. I liked seeing Pikachu use a new move after so many episodes of just using the same moves over and over again (I can't even remember when the last time it learn a move before this episode was).

Finding out that May wanted to do contests was interesting too, because it made me wonder what they would be like.

This episode was cool. It was cool seeing Nosepass for the 1st time. It was cool seeing Zap Cannon and Sand Tomb used for the 1st time in a battle. Roxanne's Sandstorm hiding strategy was very cool. Too bad Treecko didn't do well in the gym battle, but it was cool seeing Pikachu be able to defeat both Geodude and Nosepass. I'm glad Ash won the gym battle. May made a smart move to only do contests instead of Gym Battles.

70/100

This episode was cool. I love gym episodes. It was cool to see Nosepass. What I didn't get was that Pikachu, an Electric type was able to beat both of Roxanne's Pokemon while Treecko which is a Grass type fail. It was cool to find out that May wanted to do Contests.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEpicGoomba View Post
    This episode was cool. I love gym episodes. It was cool to see Nosepass. What I didn't get was that Pikachu, an Electric type was able to beat both of Roxanne's Pokemon while Treecko which is a Grass type fail. It was cool to find out that May wanted to do Contests.
    Pikachu learned Iron Tail, and Treecko didn't have any Grass attacks.

Saw this episode with japanese subs. The battle was great & Roxanne and May are much more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    & Roxanne and May are much more tolerable.
    What is that supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    What is that supposed to mean?
    The post clearly means that Roxanne and May are more tolerable in the japanese episode than in the dub.

Just saw the episode and it was a great battle ^_^ Pikachu learning Iron Tail there was really helpful to gain Ash's first Hoenn Gym Badge
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

That was a pretty good battle if you disregard all of the writers' weird decisions. Like beating Nosepass with an electric attack simply because it was up close. If I were in Roxanne's position, I would have been skeptical with Ash's choices as well.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

For a first gym battle, this was one was really solid done and it showed how powerful Pikachu was ( even though I still have my objections as how Pikachu won over two rock/stone-type Pokémon back to back) It was sad to see Treeko being unable to perform any sort of grass attacks at that point - He would have done great if he had known some grass attacks.

I don't really like Roxanne's Geodude. Why no AG Pokemon, or Jotho one that didn't get as much anime screen time yet? Anyways, the battle was good. It was sad to see Treecko do badly and Pikachu so well, it was just not realistic. And Pikachu starred too often in AG Gym battles, it's unfair towards Ash's other Pokemon. But when focusing on this episode, I can say this battle was good. 8/10.

Great Gym battle. Kinda felt sorry for Treeko for not being able to perform any Grass moves. I loved Roxanne's style she's an excellent Gym Leader. Funny how skeptical she was of Ash's decision to go with Pikachu. LOL, May would have done so badly with her Torchic & Wurmple, so I suppose the Contest route is better for her.

Seems a bit like a typical gym battle... ash makes some amazing move that luckily makes him win the battle. :P
    I really need something to put here.

I love that they incorporated the 'levitate' ability of Geodude against him instead of benefiting him. When Geodude was not grounded, he suffered from electric attacks in the anime, which makes sense if you don't buy into the whole 'Pokemon are made of elemental properties' game theory that explains that all ground types will resist against electric attacks no matter the circumstances, which is a bit rigid of a theory if you ask me.

Also, the dubs made an error in this episode. Nosepass used Thunder Wave instead of Zap Cannon, even though both attacks looked the same in the animation (plus, listen to the Japanese audio and you'll know that Roxanne called out a Zap Cannon attack instead of Thunder Wave).

It was pretty amazing how Pikachu was able to defeat both Geodude and Nosepass, with help from Treeko at the beginning weakening Geodude.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I was shocked when May said that she wasn't gonna challenge Gyms at the start of the episode. Anyway, I hated how basic Roxanne's Gym looked from the outside, but seeing Pikachu pretty much carry the whole battle for Ash was worse; why couldn't Treecko do more here than flop against Roxanne's Geodude? Alas, at least Ash won his badge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12