Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stairway To Devon! (293)

The president acts haleriose and I know now that max wants to be a gym leader.

Huh. Interesting to see Team Aqua. But that guy never appeared during the final battle with Groudon and Kyogre ;_;

I like how they ended up adding action by chasing the TA member to Devon's roof.

6/10

I liked Steven's father in this episode, he is highly curious and likes Max. May was still crazy about shopping.
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!

Steven's father was very kind. he helped Max.

And the Aqua grant was smart, too bad he escaped.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This is a great episode. Something I don't get is how the PokeNAV said that Dewford Island was the next gym city when Vernandurf Town is much closer. I know its trying to follow the games but the PokeNAV should have still said that Vernandurf was closer but have them go to Dewford Island first anyway.
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 7th February 2010 at 1:52 PM.

I like how they portrayed Mr. Stone as a fun old man, it really made him a lot more interesting than he is in the games. It was also good to see Crawdaunt in this episode since it's one of my favorites. Overall, this was a good episode, I enjoyed it.

Mr. Devon and Max weren't able to catch the evil Aqua guy, but at least his evil plan has been disabled, eventually. And yeah how can I forgot from Crawdaunt, it was so strong and even Pikachu with his type avantage didn't beat him.

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Team Aqua for the 1st time. It was cool to see a Crawdaunt for the 1st time. Mr. Stone was a really cool guy. His inventions were very cool and odd to see. The Devon Corporation was really cool to see.

28/100

This episode was cool. Nice to see Devon Corporation. Mr Stone was an interesting Charactor. Crawdaunt was awsome to see. He is such a bad***.

Interesting episode. Since I don't remember most of these since not watching them for so long, I thought Max was gonna get his Pokenav stolen by Mr. Devon who I didn't know who it was at the time XP Its a good episode, showing one of the many, many, many members of Team Aqua.
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

It was a pretty bland episode. Then again, it was featuring Max so I shouldn't have been surprised. Even though a lot seemed to have happened here, it was a chore to sit through it.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

What made this episode strong was both Mr. Stone and the infiltration attempt by Team Aqua that had an continuation in next episode. I also think for the first episode that was mainly centered around Max, that it still was alright. At least at this time, Max was much more of an better character than how it become later on.

First of all, I like the episode title: it's derived from one of my favourite songs, "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin. Aside from that, this episode wasn't that special to me. I liked to see Professor Oak on the phone again. Seeing Max and Mr. Stone getting along well was also good. 5/10.

I like how pikachu sees Mr. Stone give max the pokenav under the table as is confused lol
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

This filler episode was pretty boring because it was focused on Max, and all episodes focusing on him turn out to be terrible. It was only during the tail end where it started getting good.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    This filler episode was pretty boring because it was focused on Max, and all episodes focusing on him turn out to be terrible.
    I wouldn't say that. I thought that the Poochyena episode was pretty good, depending on your perspective of what Pokemon is supposed to be. And even this episode has its own interesting bits as well when Devon talked about the Pokemon-creation machine, where the anime confirmed that Pokemon are composed of some data bits instead of being purely organic. I don't know if this was the case with the dubs (might have taken some liberties to keep the Pokemon lore from being too complicated), but this was so in the subs.

Furthermore, this episode further developed the sibling relationship between Haruka and Masato, so you have to be kinda shallow not to appreciate something like that.
    Last edited by Lionel; 16th August 2014 at 1:06 PM.

During the scene where Officer Jenny mentioned that an infiltration was being planned, I thought Mr. Stone was going to be involved with it, because of the way he looked for just a second. He sort of had that "it's all falling in to place" demeanor for a minute.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Max spilling his drink on the PokeNav made me cackle; this is why kids shouldn't have technical devices imo. I really liked Mr. Stone's personality by the way, as well as the fact that he confronted the fake researcher and chased him to the roof with Max. Anyway, Team Rocket's plans here seemed so unnecessary in my opinion. The Team Aqua grunt was conflict enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12