Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brave The Wave! (296)

I think this was one of my favorites episodes in the show.
    Ash lost only becasue he relied on force, Brawly on brain.
    because of it, Ash was angree on Brock, and shouted on him, it was awful.
    And it was cool to see Brawly surfing the waves at the sea.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Brawly is cool.

Ash just ignore any information about stratergy. And he's being ignerent to Brock May and Max! He has attitude! (What D:ck head >:[)

About time we get to Dewford island. It looks like Hawaii with the beaches and surfing dudes.

It was great to see Ash taken down a peg. He was really overconfident and that lead to his demise. Anyway, I dislike that we needed a whole Dewford arc just so Ash could train his team.

Rarely do we get a fun episode. 7/10 because of Brawly and Makuhita.

Ash really p****ed me off in this episode. He acts like a real baby at times and this episode is no exception. Ash needs to realise that gym battles don't come to him served on a plate and that gym leaders have a life too especially since he has been a trainer for long enough so it was funny to see Brawly rejecting him. His outburst at the end was uncalled for and he deserved to lose with his poor strategy.
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 7th February 2010 at 1:02 PM.

Ash battled terribly against Brawly, and Makuhita evolving just made it worse. This episode really reminded me of the old Ash where he didn't give a damn about strategy and just attacked. But overall, this episode was OK, not too bad.

It's a rare event to see Ash losing a gym battle IN a gym. If anything the last time was against Whitney.

He should have used Pikachu instead of Treecko, Treacko wasn't ready in the same time.

Although Ash lost at least he apologized and started to practice, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    Ash really p****ed me off in this episode. He acts like a real baby at times and this episode is no exception. Ash needs to realise that gym battles don't come to him served on a plate and that gym leaders have a life too especially since he has been a trainer for long enough so it was funny to see Brawly rejecting him. His outburst at the end was uncalled for and he deserved to lose with his poor strategy.
    I wouldn't call it like that. Ash's firends like to stop and fool around when Ash tries to look for the gym that's in town. So then Brawly shows up but he's fooling around too. So Ash gets mad and yet unpatient. But his friends didn't have to tell Ash that he was wrong for what he did, he already knew from the expression on his face. Because to be honest having his friends yelling crap in the back of him all the time is annoying. I'm surprised that Ash was even able to stand it for all these years. This is why I enjoyed Iris. She stood up far away and let Ash do his thing. Just ask if he wants advice, then give it to him, if he doesn't want it then shut up.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 17th December 2010 at 6:38 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Makuhita for the 1st time. Ash really did bad in this 1st attempt at his 2nd gym battle. Tailow didn't do well and was knocked out easily by Machop. Treecko easily went down as well. It was cool to see Makuhita evolve into a Haryama. Ash's attitude throughout the episode and after the battle was very childish. I'm glad he appologized afterwards though.

21/100

I didn't enjoy this episode as much. Ash was acting like a baby throughout the episode. Brawly was cool. Makuhita was cool too. Disappointed that Ash's Tailow got beaten by Machop despite the type advantage Ash had. I was even more disappointed when Treecko lost badly too since he did in the last gym too. Seeing Makuhita evolve into Haryama was really cool to see.

I thought it was interesting that the battle basically became a fighting free-for-all - Ash's Pokemon at this point, besides the big P, had no special moves. It really was all fists (and wings and tails).

I actually really loved the gym battle, because of the interactions. Ash went temporarily mad, and his friends sensed that. I like that they weren't blindly supportive - they knew this wasn't Ash's time and were just doing everything in their power to help him.

Treecko shone in this episode for his perseverance. Really, one of the best developed personalities in Pokemon.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

"Prepare for trouble, do you want fries with that?"
    "Double the delish with half the fat!"
    "To protect the world from unhealthy food."
    "To give great service and never be rude."
    "To denounce the evils of high carbohydrates."
    "To extend our reach to the Earth and its primates."

Another excellent twist on the motto. In particular, the way James says "primates" just cracks me up. And the fact that they tried to do it again later in the ep but Meowth interrupted them with some amusing use of the various forms and meanings of the word "get" was also pretty nice.

I guess this was Ash's first chance to get serious about his power. He came to Hoenn and started out sort of as a big shot, and it couldn't have helped having May and Max both look up to him for being well-traveled and a League contender, respectively. We know Ash has had problems in the past with overconfidence, so I suppose seeing it brought to a head and dealt with isn't really a bad thing as far as episodes go. Treecko also shone in the battle, very impressive determination and - there's no other word for it - endurance. Good stuff, altogether.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Oh Ash, I love it when you become out-of-character and proceed to get stomped by whoever you face at that time. It was off-setting hearing Brawly talk like a stereotypical surfer dude but that's what 4Kids does (or at least used to do). Still, I don't know how I feel about Treeko immediately forgiving ash for pushing it beyond its limitations. It would've been more interesting than the number of average episodes between this and the next gym battle.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This episode was really well-done. I loved Brawly was a stereotype of the average surfer-"dude". I think Ash learned a lot from this episode - learning not to underestimate someone and also not being super-confident as he was. Ash lost to Whitney due to inexperience and wrong tactics, but this episode was that too+ the aforementioned things he learned.

First of all, Team Rocket was awesome in this episode! It was also cool to see Makuhita surfing. Treecko was very impressive in this battle too, he showed willpower and endurance. It was also good to see Ash lose, a character that always wins is unrealistic. 9/10, great episode.

This episode was pretty unbearable for me. Ash really annoyed me in this episode, SO glad he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    This episode was pretty unbearable for me. Ash really annoyed me in this episode, SO glad he lost.
    Yes because God forbids that if a challenger asks a gymleader for a badge, he/she must go surf first instead of doing it afterwards.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    "Prepare for trouble, do you want fries with that?"
    "Double the delish with half the fat!"
    "To protect the world from unhealthy food."
    "To give great service and never be rude."
    "To denounce the evils of high carbohydrates."
    "To extend our reach to the Earth and its primates."
    Lol, I re-watched this episode the other day and I actually laughed out loud at their motto. Sometimes I forget how funny Team Rocket used to be in the dub; I often give them a hard time, but it's nice to remember how quirky they were and how enjoyable their dialogue was as well.

Anyway, I remember being really upset about Ash's attitude at the end of the episode years ago, but I've sort of gotten over that. In retrospect I thought it was actually very interesting because in real life, I would expect a 10-year-old kid to react like that after losing. I guess I just miss the days when Ash showed passion.

Team Rocket was beyond hilarious in this episode and I liked how the dub changed up their dialogue. Additionally, Brock's comment about Chuck and the Cianwood City Gym as "Ewww....yeesh!" was pretty funny, too.

That being said, Ash was a complete jerk in this episode, Brawly's "surfer speak" that the dub added was just plain annoying...it's one of the worst episodes in AG, or arguably even in the series. I was happy he lost, which is pretty messed up, but Ash had it coming.

The dub didn't do its best to compensate for the otherwise awful writing of this episode, so combine the two and you get one of the worst episodes ever.

Rating: 65/100
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 9th August 2013 at 4:25 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

It's refreshing to see something other than a classic gym battle. Of course, he still follows the rule of one-gym-battle-loss-per-region.
    I really need something to put here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123