Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brave The Wave! (296)

vulpix Guest

i kinda figured that Ash would lose cause it atleast happended once in ever region.

Melissa Guest

Talking

I just loved it when Ash told his friends to shut up I gained some new respect for him.

MayAsh1987 Guest

This episode rocked! Don't know why i didn't write it up earlier. Brawly was a big plus. He was cute and calm at the same time. (Normally I don't fall for anime characters, but he was fine) I liked his personality which is another plus.

I found it funny how he didn't want to battle Ash at first. Hey like May said, you could have fun!

Don't ask me, but I loved Ash's reactment when he lost to Brawly. Though everyone thought he was immature. (Honey, you people have no idea what I see at times how people take over a loss!) I was surprised how his anger got over too him since he usually moans and feels that he can't do it.

I like a drama queen, I love drama, especially a case like this!

I give this episode 9.5 out 10.

Yeah but Brawly > Ash. True.

I wish Caden would have done more though. 'Stead of just judging. You know, be all 'COME ON BRAWLY LETS LIKE GO SURFING OR SOMETHING BRO.' ...or something along those lines, yo.

.......yo?! o____o *slaps the She-Caden she is becoming*

Purrrrrrr.

It's funny how arrogant Ash got when the battle wasn't going his way. It was such a throwback to the old days. At least the group got to stick around Dewford for a while after this episode. I really loved a few of the episodes that came out of this arc (especially "A Hole Lotta Trouble"). Brawly's surfer dude vocabulary is a bit annoying after a while, but at least he's an awes... uh, great battler.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

I like him .
    He is so cool .
    He is a good trainer .
    He is a good surfer and I loves his voice too .
    Attached Images Attached Images

I thought about this episode when i saw the rematch episode with Brawly. Somehow, this episode never made it here. Meaning i never got to see it :/
    Just like how they did with the Orange League, the last part of Johto Champion Leauge and more than half of the Master Quest season. :O

And if this indeed is the episode in which you see May taking off her clothes to reveal a bikini, then that's probably the reason they refused to air it here. *coughstupidadults/producerswhodecidewhattoairandnottoairherecough* I wanted to see May in a bikini! ;o; >=(
    Last edited by Yami Bakura; 4th December 2005 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote from Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time:

AREA RESTRICTED. ALL NOOB INTRUDERS 2 B HAXORED BY US L33T HAMM3R BROZ.! WE R TEH SHROOB ALLIES. WE ROXOR U AND THEN ROFL. THEN U AM CRY. WE RECEIVE ORDERS THRU ANTENNAS ON THESE L33T HELMETS. THEY R HOTNESS. WE MUST OBEY ALL ORDERS. WE LIKE 2 PWN NOOBS 4 TEH MASTER SHROOBZORS. U = NOOBS. BROZ. = L33T. PREPARE 4 TOTAL PWNAGE. WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

After a cutscene:

NOOBZ STILL R NOT PWNED. CONTINUE PWNERSHIP UNTIL ALL NOOBZ R PWNED. TEH ESCAPE IS IMPOSSIBLE. WE R 2 L33T. WE OWNZ JOO. U WILL GET FLATZORED BY R L33T HAMMERS.

This was a good episode. Ash's behavior at the end was disappointing, and Brock's telling him he ought to forfeit reminded me of Brock's own battle with him at the very beginning when Onix was binding Pikachu. Funny how Ash hasn't learned to be level-headed after all this time. And I'd thought he'd changed. Darn.

Brawly was awesome. Sure, the surfer thing was stereotyped, but still, he was a fun character, and I think memorable, like Roxanne. He had a good lesson to teach Ash.

I don't think the battle was so good just because it's no fun to watch a fight where there's a clear winner. Still, it was satisfying to see Ash lose, just because he was so arrogant about his win against Roxanne. It's not as if she sucked, after all, so he had no right to be proud.

Anyway, before I really start ranting, I'd better close this. A great episode that I'm definitely keeping. Heck, I'd even buy it.

Edit: I understand what it is to love a character so much that you must defend him/her at all cost. I feel that way for several characters. There's one in each of my obsessions. It's Brock for this fandom and Snape for HP, to name a couple. To say it's just a character and not real is missing the point. A good character is supposed to be sympathetic or compelling enough in some way to care about them and what they go through. They ought to feel real. That's just my take.

Edit 2: I just realized that saying Roxanne didn't suck and then saying Ash had no right to be proud made no sense. :$ Darn it, my brain must have turned off. I'm not even quite sure what I meant. Maybe something more along the lines of Ash not being proud because that doesn't reflect well on him.
    Last edited by Andromache; 25th December 2005 at 4:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grand master cyndaquil
    I like him .
    He is so cool .
    He is a good trainer .
    He is a good surfer and I loves his voice too .
    .......mine :x *steal*

And I love that picture wtf.

Brawly. :3

Purrrrrrr.

Brawley is kool. Probably the best Hoenn gym leader. This epi rocked because of him

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Brawley was cool in here, he had a good attitude, IMO, and he killed Ash in the battle

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A loss is a loss. This episode is like all the other loss ones. This was probably the more harsher ones but it was just more boby moving than anything else. I liked how the rematch went it spiked alot of things up between both characters.

My ideal battle ever!

Heh, I'm surprised that the writers would do something like May taking her clothes off IN FRONT of Ash and Co.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quite a fun episode.A new reason why Ash couldn't battle a Gym Leader right away,battling,and Ash saying"SHUT UP!"all in one episode.And May taking off her clothes pretty much exposed(no pun intended)the fact that she's a retard and really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by POKEMASTERNATHAN View Post
    .And May taking off her clothes pretty much exposed(no pun intended)the fact that she's a retard and really stupid.
    Are you on crack? She had her bathing suit underneath her clothes.

May exposed and Ashes angry outburst made this ep bearable.

It wouldn't be a new Pokemon series without Ash losing at least 1 gym battle. I really don't like Ash in this episode he's so instant that he have a battle with Brawly he really ruined this episode add to the fact that he's borderline obsessive with winning and using power moves that he doesn't listen to the advice of his friends. Brawly is one of my favorite gym leaders especially since he's not the norm like most gym leaders are and he's certainly not your normal fighting gym leader that we've seen in previous episodes of the series rallying on mostly fighting power moves. Lastly I gotta say I love May's new bikini it's my favorite of the ones they've had so far she looks very good in lime green.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Hariyama is such a powerhouse. In fact, it/he was one 2nd strongest pokemon in my Ruby version next to my Blazaken.

Brawly sure put Ash in his place, since Ketchum was too reckless and overconfident. If it weren't for Makuhita evolving, he might have stood a chance.

I love this new side of Ash, Max and May are to blame for pushing him in the previous ep, those kids are still learning consequences here. Good thing Brock bags all the experience around here.

"Are you challenging me, little man?"
    Really, Ash bursting at the end was surprisingly built up.

Brawly is overdoing it, more characters should do this.

I'll just say this up front. Makuhita = obese asian kid
    Didn't Jynx teach them enough? At least the Asian community can keep quiet.

I'm ashamed of you Brawly, you put a fat kid on a board and you don't expect any liability issues?!

More swim suits? Character design crew has fallen head over heels for May.

"You're the pokemon with the most endurace I've ever seen"!
    Take that Charizard!

Well executed Cross Chop, Pounds, and that Seismic Toss. No contendor was too little in this battle, well done.

Ash going over the top instead of the usual over his head is among those top Ash moments in the series.

Treecko is fighting with the last inch of his gut and Makuhita has the nerve to evolve, hot damn this end is obliteration.

9/10 I could have called this a perfect score if TR was relevant and the gang didn't have uniform thoughts. Alot of early Advanced ideas really tried to break the mold.

I hate when Gym leaders appear but all they do is associate instead of battle. Bad episode.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

i have seen better episodes, a 5/10.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

This gym battle was a little dull, but it's not the worst one i've seen *coughErikacough*

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I like this Episode, Brawly is cute ^_^;
    and i love fighting Pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Angry

[QUOTE=Space Skitty;920066]Brawly was a cool character. Ash's battle against him was also neat. But... Ash's attitude near the end was childish... He shouldn't have yelled at May, Max, & Brock. It wasn't their fault he lost. I Would Have Been If I Lost.

I thought Ash was way too pushy when he was following Brawly around demanding a gym battle. Ash go extremely lucky that Brawly agreed to it. I thought that May's new bikini was here cutest yet. I thought Ash made a good choice by battling with Taillow. However, Machop had amazing endurance. I did think however that Machop could have been used just a little bit more offensively. It didn't even try to attack Treecko. I thought Treecko battled really hard. It was just no match for Makuhita though. Then, Makuhita evolves into Hariyama just in time for the finishing blow. I don't know what Ash was thinking when he kept ignoring Brock from the sidelines. I did think it was very disrespectful when he snapped at May, Brock, and Max after the battle. Atleast he learned some valuable advice from Brawly about pokemon training.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast