Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gone Corphishin' (299)

Great episode, especially when Corphish battled vs Treecko.

Ash and Brock really knew something about holes in the ground, and it works.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I just saw the episode. My favorite bits had to be Ash and his Pokemon traning in the begining with waves, Treecko messing up, the sweat drop LOL. Than Ash/Brock digging a hole and being proud of falling for Team Rockets traps and May/Max going "How low can you go?" With Ash/Brock going "The Shame" HAHA. I also liked how smart Ash was being with his traning here. Episodes like these make me really want Brock around forever, cuz I kind of like Ash/Brock friendship.

edit;

Another part I liked was May/Max using the shame work on Team Rocket about there motto and they did the same thing Ash/Brock did LOL. They must be wearing off on each other, I mean coppying the hole digging from Team Rocket? Falling into traps? ManXD

edit 2;

Did any one else get reminded of the first Pokemon movie with that music at the end? When Ash was shaking Corpfish claw? Was like The First movie begining music. For some reason they decided to use that bit for that one scene, guess cuz it took a while for Ash to catch it. Whatever I liked it.
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 22nd December 2009 at 12:27 PM.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Well it was an entertaining episode. You don't usually get those with a capture now do you?

Liked that Ash and Co. tried to stop the menace, but it turned out to be a naughty Corphish. I liked that Treecko fought it and that's what allowed Ash to catch it.

Ash's first main non-starter Water type. Cool. 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Well it was an entertaining episode. You don't usually get those with a capture now do you?

Liked that Ash and Co. tried to stop the menace, but it turned out to be a naughty Corphish. I liked that Treecko fought it and that's what allowed Ash to catch it.

Ash's first main non-starter Water type. Cool. 6/10
    well naughty but very strong. Treeck was very brave in the battle vs Corphish but his type advantage really help it. (after Pikachu)

Quote Originally Posted by mewtwos View Post
    it was a cool episode. So thats where ash got corphish from!
    Yep. I figure you missed this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadashi View Post
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Orange]It's not just you. I heard it too. Tch, darn 4Kids recycling the same old voices... XD;
    They didn't recycle the same voice. Corphish's voice was just similar, they probably used the same VA.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    They didn't recycle the same voice. Corphish's voice was just similar, they probably used the same VA.
    No it was the VA from the english dub. and it was a great voice, he matched to Corphish's toughness. especially in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    No it was the VA from the english dub. and it was a great voice, he matched to Corphish's toughness. especially in this episode.
    I KNOW it's a VA from the English dub. That's what I said.

I wouldn't expect his Japanese voice to have been used in the 4Kids dubbed version. God knows they almost always recast those roles.

Corphish sounds funny.
    Great episode too.

This was an alright episode for me. It was getting a little repetitive with them trying to trap Corphish, but I really like it and I'm glad Ash captured it.

Corphish's first episode was the best I remember in this season. (apart from the gym battles).
    It seems strange that Ash had many troubles against a Water type pokemon when Pikachu and Treecko were with a type advantages. The funny part was in the end of the episode when Ash and Corphish shook hands...

This epsiode was ok... It was cool seeing Corphish for the 1st time. I'm glad Ash battled it and then caught it. Treecko vs Corphish was a really cool battle. It was funny seeing Corphish become very impatient. It was funny when Ash and Corphish shook hands in the end.

40/100

This episode was cool. It was awesome to see Corphish, I really like it just like Crawdaunt. I'm really happy Ash was able to catch. It was cool to see Ash not use a starter Pokemon for his main team for the first time.

This episode was golden solely because Ash and Brock decided to dig holes to capture Corphish. It's always funny when they have the protagonists imitate Team Rocket.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It was nice to see Ash catch Corpish, and like Terra Branford said in the post above me, Ash and Brock digging holes in the ground was funny! I also liked how Corpish was portrayed as strong in this episode. 9/10.

I love the backwards joke that Team Rocket fell in one of groups holes and "The shame" part was an nice emphasize on that too. I also love Corphish, its aggressive and simultaneous humorous personality really made it a nice addition to Ash's team. Hence, I feel like character development in some of Ash's Pokémon is getting better and better as time passes by.

Heigani is one of my favourite Pokémon in Hoenn while Kimori is the other. His stats are not bad in my opinion and he has got Crabhammer. Only 2 evolution families know that move by the time of the series so it is kind of semi signature move. Too bad he eventually did not evolve in my opinion.

I guess TR is starting to rub off on Ash an Co., what with making their own pitfalls.

"The shame!"
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I really enjoyed watching Ash and his Pokemon train on how to sense the motion of waves in preparation for the rematch with Brawly. I liked how Ash and friends stayed up all night and dug pitfalls just to see the mystery Pokemon as well. Team Rocket's antics with that wild Loudred seemed unnecessary in my view, but I cackled at them wrapped in seaweed.

Oh, the capture of my favorite part of Ash's hoenn team, this episode was barrels of fun, from the failed tried at trying to use pitfalls, to an epic battle by noon.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12