Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Lonely Snover (589)

Arcons on Grotle's back was cool, so was the wild Pokemon his back, it was wierd like Grotle some sort of Jealously with Snover Berries, and Grotle was Flying and speeding, it is about time Grotle gets time to shine, maybe people was stop thinking of it has weak.
    If you think Ruby and Sapphire were the Best games ever and deserve remakes put this in your sig(Started by Clubfoot)

IF you think Gen 3 was the best Gen ever put this in your sig(Started by Clubfoot)

Not to offend anyone, but honestly I didnt like this episode. Things kept happening too fast and was rushed in the beginning (1 second they get frozen,2 minutes later fall and it wasnt funny, and then 1 minute later snover comes and rips cookies off itself and there all "wow! omgoshhh it delicious!" then befriend the snover). That was not good and Im wondering how they'd know to look behind the bush for the snover so fast, predictiable though. I didnt expect much from the title of the episode.
    It was just boring, only I wonder how the snover cookies tasted if you had one irl..and Grotle learning the new attack scene...it was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    I'm really curious on what its snowballs taste like as I'm guessing they're like snow cones but taste better
    There berries, not snowballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Grotle learning rock climb was kind of a letdown since HM moves can't be learned from gaining experience
    What are you talking about, that was the best part of the episode. Not to mention this isn't the games, something you should have learned 12 years ago.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

A decent episode

The opening theme got my attention. Very nice.

This Snovers is a strange one. Offering food that he produced seems a bit disturbing. He attacks, then gives a hug, and offers a berry that came from him....right.

Since when did Ingrain considered to be an attack? Looks a lot like Frenzy Plant...

I was surprised that Pikachus thunder attacks didn't blast off TR this time. And their balloon was actually immune to electricity.

While running after TR and Grotle being left behind, I thought to myself 'how will he catch up with Ash and Co.?' Rock Climb got me surprised, really. Good to see Grotle get some of his speed back. Although jumping up high was just a bit too much.

Overall, the new theme, HD, and the ending were the good parts for this episode.

7.5/10
    Last edited by AstralEon; 24th August 2009 at 9:09 AM.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

I thought some things were odd about the episode. For instance, Ash told Grotle to use Synthesis to recover? Couldn't Grotle do it on its own without Ash telling it to if it were tired?

Also, in reference to Grotle using 5 moves, this isn't the first time. Way back in the Battle Frontier, Tucker's Swampert used Water Pulse, Water Gun, Protect, Dynamic Punch and Mud Shot. That was hax.

I really liked seeing grass knot and rock climb in the anime, though. I also thought it was weird that Grotle learned *rock climb* being that it's Grass/Ground. When I saw its back glowing, I thought it would at least rock climb up the side of the mountain and then fire a solar beam. That was disappointing. Yeah, yeah, I know Pokemon can learn non-stab moves, but after all the Turtwig line centered stuff to regain confidence, you'd think they'd showcase Grotle's STAB moves.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    It's been on youtube for several hours! Go check it out!
    Youtube became a pain to me lately, but I finally found it. And I watched it 20 times and "Favorite" the video.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

my favorite part of this episode is when ash grotle learn rock climb and save snover also i like the end when snover finally got some friends to play with

I kind of wanted one of the trainers to catch Snover but oh well :P
    but Im glad the Grotle learned Rock Climb, I was wondering which one of his Pokemon was going to learn that attack
    and the new opening was nice (:

i really wanted brock to catch that snover but o well it's over now he might capture 1 oneday

Was the new opening this week or last week? I didn't know when they updated it. They had to change it for Staraptor. I guess they'll change it for further evos, too.

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Was the new opening this week or last week? I didn't know when they updated it. They had to change it for Staraptor. I guess they'll change it for further evos, too.
    No. they completely scrapped the old scenes and replaced them with scenes of the Japanese opening and a quick scene from an episode.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    No. they completely scrapped the old scenes and replaced them with scenes of the Japanese opening and a quick scene from an episode.
    I thought the new opening was much better than the DP, Battle Dimension and other Galactic Battles theme. It seemed more....serious.

The new opening is 58242190 X Better. It looks great, and way better scenes than GB1. They deleted that awful ending too. By far my favourite theme song since Johto Champions.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

- Ash is training both his Chimchar & Grotle by having them fight against each other; it's actually good for his Grotle, as it'll need to be able to tank against its weaknesses. Now if he had an Ice, Bug, & Poison-type Pokemon on him (He's got the Flying type covered,) then he'd be all set.
    - After the session, Grotle heals itself using Synthesis, which is an essential tanking move.
    - Suddenly, from out of nowhere... AN AVALANCHE!!! We are going to die!!
    - The said avalanche engulfs the gang & magically encases them in a huge block of ice.
    - Then out pops a tiny little Snover, who noses itself around their frozen remains, then once he sees Chimchar thawing itself, it flees to safety.
    - Chimchar then thaws out the rest of the gang with its fiery moves, who then begin to wonder how they got that way.
    - That was Powder Snow?! That looked more like Avalanche to me...
    - As the gang head out, they trip onto something, one at a time. They eventually find out that it's Grass Knot.
    - Since they now know that a Pokemon is making fun out of them, they start flipping out & they begin to search for whoever done it.
    - The Snover leaps out from the safety of his bushes & uses Ingrain to immobilize them. Luckily for Ash, his Grotle is still out, so he only needed to use its Razor Leaf to get them free, even though it sends them dropping from several feet.
    - Oh %&$#! Snover knows GrassWhistle! Quickly! Put on the Soundproof Earmuffs! NOW!!!
    - Unfortunately for them, they don't have Soundproof Earmuffs on them, & they collapse onto the ground like an unstable building, supposedly at the Snover's mercy.
    - But... instead of killing them, Snover gives Ash a hug. What?! Is that Snover drugged or something?
    - No, it just wants to have them try out his Snover Berries.
    - Snover Berries!! The frozen treat that's garunteed to cool down the fire inside your body! Heh, nifty ad, if I might say so myself. If it would have different flavors like Ice Cream, then we would be going somewhere...
    - As nighttime approaches, they say goodbye to the Snover, but they soon find out that it's all lonely, as to the title, so they decide to keep it along.
    - As they're sleeping, TR finds the Snover, & picks one of his berries from a distance.
    - They try it out, & they love what they're seeing; they could start a Snover Berry Stand, which would rake in the cash. Pfft, dream on!
    - They capture the Snover, which wakes up the rest of the gang, & then...
    - Incoming TR Motto! Mute the Television!!
    - Motto finished. Unmute. I know what's going to happen afterward, so fast forward to morning, in which Grotle has yielded its own set of nuts, which attracted the attention of a few wild Pokemon.
    - Ash nibbles on one of its nots, & is disgusted, so he hands it over to his Pikachu, which happily gulps it down.
    - Suddenly, in the middle of their travels, an explosion is abound, & after the dust clears, Snover is encaged again, by none other than TR!
    - The gang pursues them, but Grotle is lagging behind... Furstrated over itself, it finally manages to adapt by learning Rock Climb.
    - Grotle quickly closes in on TR, who raises their altitude in the vain attempt to get away from it. Little do they know that with Rock Climb, Grotle can scale up any cliff, no matter how sheer it is.
    - Grotle takes a flying leap at them & rips apart their balloon, & grabs onto Snover.
    - With the help of Happiny & Staraptor, both of them are brought to the ground safely, & all is well once more.
    - They travel some more, & they come across a group of children from a daycare nearby. The Snover enjoys the little children, & tags along them.
    - Now that Snover is off of them, they head off to the town that's holding Dawn's next contest. What it's named, I can't remember...

Anyhow, it's great to see that Grotle has regained its maneuverability once it learned Rock Climb, but that means it can no longer be an effective tank for Ash... Damn...

*leaves*
    Last edited by Brumrha; 6th October 2009 at 5:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    I also thought it was weird that Grotle learned *rock climb* being that it's Grass/Ground.
    It's pure Grass, look it up.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I really liked this episode. It's too bad that Cartoon Network aired this in Standard Definition but I hope that it will be in High Definition on the DVDs. It was a pretty enjoyable episode in my opinion.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Okish episode
    Liked Grotle performing rock climb and i also liked Snover as well. Plus i also like the new opening sequence as well. Apart from that not much else to say really. I liked the bit at the beginning though with Grotle and Chimchar fighting

Standard episode. And Grotle is doing a Pikachu by performing all those stunts...
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

Crougent jab brock right in his ***.
    And Its great seeing shnover. ^_^

Some interesting differences in the voices obviously.

I liked the Japanese VA for Snover, the English VA's voice was quite annoying.

Btw this isn't filler since Grotle learned Rock Climb.

5/10

Default This episode I find EPIC!

Now Grotle has its speed back, thanks to Rock Climb!

Snover's really cute.
    Last edited by pokeguru; 15th November 2009 at 5:07 AM.

Great ep, i loved the animation.

And Rock Climb is a great move. Grotle was powerfull with it.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode wasn't that great, but the highlight of it was Grotle getting to be a better battler by learning rock climb. The part where he runs up the cliff side to get after Team Rocket's balloon was awesome, and at least Grotle is finally bouncing back from the problems he had after evolving. The part with all the bird and bug pokemon perched on his back eating the acorns was cute, and I liked Ash's face when he tasted one. LOL The snover was goofy, but at least it had a funny voice.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

An okay episode. Glad to see better animation and theme song, and Grotle becoming stronger. Snover was annoying though.

5/10.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I'm glad that Grotle learned Rock Climb and got it's speed back. I also felt like someone should have caught that Snover, mainly Brock. Overall this was a pretty good episode.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast