Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 153

Thread: The Lonely Snover (589)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,124

    Default

    So, Grotle knows 5 moves now...That's pretty cool. I don't recall them ever showing 5 attacks on one of Ash's Pokemon in a single episode before.

    Energy Ball
    Bite
    Synthesis
    Razor Leaf
    Rock Climb

    Pretty snazzy. Inevitable Rock battlefield vs Paul in the league?

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,735

    Default

    Rock Climb was unexpected but I loved it.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,234

    Default

    It actually looks pretty cool.

    I wonder if the writers planned this since the Pastoria Gym when they had Turtwig running on the walls. Eh..maybe they just thought that scene was cool looking and wanted to teach Turtwig/Grotle an attack to recreate that moment.

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Again,outside Stark Mountain
    Posts
    106

    Default

    It's pretty obvious the attack snover used when glowing was ingrain
    Wood Hammer should be showcased in the next Gym Battle for sure
    Maybe Grotle forgot bite and learnt Rock climb?

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,234

    Default

    When its eyes were glowing and it caused Ash and co. to trip? That was grass knot. Do you mean the attack that looked like frenzy plant?

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    -^- Yeah, that is what we meant.

    I guess there are only two possibilities-

    1. It was ingrain inversely done. In case of ingrain roots are supposed to shoot out of the user and through the ground, not the other way round.
    2. That Snover was a freak of nature and somehow has learned to use frenzy-plant.
    Maybe Paul's Torterra fooled around with a wild abomasnow behind Paul's back and then while that aboma was still carrying baby snover, a deoxy appeared to it causing it to be exposed to inter-galactic radiation and thus interjecting the Frenzy-plant gene to the baby snover's blood. That will explain why the snover was acting weird to begin with...............OR, maybe the writers were high and forgot Frenzy-plant is supposed to be starter exclusive attack while they wrote this episode....

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,234

    Default

    That first attack that Snover used to freeze the group was avalanche right?

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kpt25 View Post
    It's pretty obvious the attack snover used when glowing was ingrain
    Wood Hammer should be showcased in the next Gym Battle for sure
    Maybe Grotle forgot bite and learnt Rock climb?
    I'm hoping Grotle will still use Bite later.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  9. #34
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Blue Lantern Corps
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    I've just seen the episode pics and i was a little upset at the end.

    I was hoping that Snover would end up with Brock, but instead it went off with a group of kids and a teacher.

    Hopefully it will make a return later in the series, and join up with them again the way Hippopotas did.

    It was nice to see Grotle still has some speed and does anyone know why its leaves were glowing, i know the glowing claws were Rock Climb but what were the leaves supposed to be.

    At least Snover got a decent episode, and they've left it open for it to make a return visit.




    Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

    If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Wall of Briggs ♥
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover View Post

    It was nice to see Grotle still has some speed and does anyone know why its leaves were glowing, i know the glowing claws were Rock Climb but what were the leaves supposed to be.
    Synthesis, for the glowing leaves you meant.

    Grotle learning Rock Climb was... alright. Odd thing is, Grotle used 5 moves in one episode, a rare case nowadays, right?

    BACK

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Blue Lantern Corps
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by csisps_26 View Post
    Synthesis, for the glowing leaves you meant.

    Grotle learning Rock Climb was... alright. Odd thing is, Grotle used 5 moves in one episode, a rare case nowadays, right?
    Thanks for that i forgot Grotle knew Synthesis.




    Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

    If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Snover is just soooo cute!

    I want one in real life now so I can eat those ice berry things xD

    I find it cool the grass pokes grow berries lol- walking gardens haha

    I love that dance Snover did after freezing Ash and co

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,626

    Default

    I trained a snover-Abomasnow in my pearl game but wasnt that hooked on it but after this episode i love snover even more.
    I also loved Snovers happy dance haha

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Shamouti Shrine
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Snover is amazing! Loved how it was using Grass Knot and how it bonded so quickly with Ash an the others.

    Synthesis used by Grotle ftw!

    P.S. Chimchar's flame melting the ice at the beginning of the episode made me lol. xD

    Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

    PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

    [14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish


    *** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMorty View Post
    I find it cool the grass pokes grow berries lol- walking gardens haha
    Wonder if Bulbasaur and Bayleef can do the same thing?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Wonder if Bulbasaur and Bayleef can do the same thing?
    I doubt it lol


    Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!


    I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Wonder if Bulbasaur and Bayleef can do the same thing?
    I doubt it lol


    Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!


    I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,124

    Default

    Well, Bulbasaur does have Nectar/Pollen/Something in its bulb (as Heracross showed us) and Bayleef has Herbs growing around its neck.

    But i think Grotle growing Acorns to feed the Starly and Kricketot was awesome. I wonder what a Torterra would grow...Apples?

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,626

    Default

    aparently torterras dont grow fruits lol . But pokemon seem to live on it haha.
    Yeh the scene with the starly and kricketots on Grotle was awesome

  20. #45
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    It's nice to see how truthful they are trying to remain to the dex-entries these days. And it certainly helps that the dex. is saying stuff closer to reality now more than ever. You sure don't see pokemon yawning to make tornado any more.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    It's nice to see how truthful they are trying to remain to the dex-entries these days. And it certainly helps that the dex. is saying stuff closer to reality now more than ever. You sure don't see pokemon yawning to make tornado any more.
    Would've been hilarious to see though.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    156

    Default

    I like snorover, it being mischievous. Great work with the middle stage Grotle, they never seen to get enough love. I remember Charmeleon didn't get a lot of love, Bayleef either. Rock Smash is also, and with it's speed that's amazing. I wonder if they say anything about EV's in this series, or IV's. I feel Grotle will have a who new fan base.

    So the Attacks that were used were

    Grotle
    Rock Smash
    Synthesis
    Razor Leaf
    Bite

    Snorover
    Ingrain
    Grass Knot
    it could have been Ice Shard, not Avalanche
    [IMG]http://i17.*******.com/35kki2r.jpg[/IMG]


    1590-1229-4620 (My Friend Code) for Diamond Version.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Evergrand City
    Posts
    4,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 133tSneasel View Post
    I like snorover, it being mischievous. Great work with the middle stage Grotle, they never seen to get enough love. I remember Charmeleon didn't get a lot of love, Bayleef either. Rock Smash is also, and with it's speed that's amazing. I wonder if they say anything about EV's in this series, or IV's. I feel Grotle will have a who new fan base.

    So the Attacks that were used were

    Grotle
    Rock Smash
    Synthesis
    Razor Leaf
    Bite

    Snorover
    Ingrain
    Grass Knot
    it could have been Ice Shard, not Avalanche
    I think Snover used Frenzy plant.

    And Grotle didnt learn Rock smash he learnt and used Rock CLIMB

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    I'm not sure where those wooden tentacle things came from but it certainly didn't look like Ingrain, especially since they had nothing to do with healing Snover. How about Secret Power? We've seen it used a few different ways in the past, and it could be that the wooden tentacle things were the effect for that particular location. I know for sure Snover used Grass Knot and Grasswhistle.
    Last edited by Geodude; 5th April 2009 at 3:54 AM.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I'm not sure where those wooden tentacle things came from but it certainly didn't look like Ingrain, especially since they had nothing to do with healing Snover. How about Secret Power? We've seen it used a few different ways in the past, and it could be that the wooden tentacle things were the effect for that particular location. I know for sure Snover used Grass Knot and Grasswhistle.
    We have seen Secret Power and it's always or at least in regard to DP glowed pink and attacked the opponent regardless of the location. Brock's Happiny, Paul's Ursaring, and May's Glaceon all had the same pink aura before (in the case of Ursaring, and possibly Glaceon) attacked the opponent in some form.

    So I guess that means the wood hammer confirmed was not confirmed if we are still guessing. Oh well.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •