Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 167

Thread: Stopped in the Name of Love (590)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,225

    Default Stopped in the Name of Love (590)

    Evolution! This Time for Piplup!?

    Meeting up with their friends Kenny & Barry, Dawn gets into some training. However, in the process of it, Piplup starts to show signs of evolution. Unwilling to evolve due to what happened with Mamoswine, it tries to hold on. Team Rocket soon intervene and kidnap Piplup. Will Dawn manage to get Piplup back and will Piplup evolve?

    Visit The Episode Guide

    Discuss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default

    So did it evolved

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Duelist Kingdom
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Looked at the ep pics on #Pocketmonsters and.....no, it did not evolve.


    You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

    Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

    "I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    177

    Default

    *sigh*

    Yet another Pokémon that won't evolve. I'm getting really tired of this. One more reason to hate Piplup.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beautiful river of BLOOD. Ham.
    Posts
    879

    Default

    I've now officialy lost interest in the anime, Japan can you stop being nazis and do the right ****in thing, I say potato, you say potato, I say evolve, you say **** off, I mean if it says Piplup evolves, then shock horror evolve the nazi, but no, the huuuuuuuuuuugggggggggeeeeeeeeeeee demographic viewership are nazis, right? Do you know that you should evolve the damn thing and not glorify Hitler, yet one more one thing to hate the japanese by. I'm too old for this ****, seriously, is this some kind of late april fools joke, because it's fu-ck-in-hi-la-ri-ous right? Wrong. Screw Japan, screw hitler and most of all screw the anime.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LONDON town
    Posts
    432

    Default

    So they impressed us with showing a great episode today (ep 589). hip hip hooray! too bad they had to drop the ball with ep 590. Jun and kenny appear to be friends and it was good seeing them again and at the same time. lately I've began taking a liking to piplup, this episode seems to re-awaken the dislike I had for it. It wont evolve, it wont learn anything new and for some reason they keep trying to make it appear as one powerful pokemon. i give this ep 4/10.
    A strong offence makes for a great defence.



    !!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    I don't know what's worse. The fact that there are some people that actually believed there was a chance it would evolve, or the incoherent rants left behind by those who seem to be under the impression that a pokemon not evolving somehow spells the downfall of the entire show.
    Well...that and the tasteless comparisons of a children's show to Hitler and nazism, of course.


    In any case, it was an ok episode, though methinks the inevitable subs from one dedicated fish-based oriental dish will serve to make this all the more enjoyable

    The similarities to past evo-no-nos were rather strong, but I didn't mind how they handled it. It made a lot more sense considering Pochama's proud and pompus nature, whereas with past pokemon that kind of had to be pulled out of left field.
    Speaking of nature, Pochama is an enjoyable character when they utilise it correctly, and this I consider to be a good example of how likeable it can be. It wasn't annoying or overbearing, and it didn't feel like it was just there for the hell of it, and that's always welcome.
    I liked the harkening back to Pochama and Hikari's first encounter in particular, once it was revealed it was purposely mirroring the event for the sake of symbolism.

    James calling out to Pochama to do it's best and NOT evolve was also pretty funny, with Jessie raining on his parade and pointing out they had a chance to attack.


    Jun and Kengo being best friends amuses me more than it probably should, especially since the three of them, despite knowing at least one other and living in the same town for 10 years, didn't know they were each other's friends prior to this meeting.
    Besides that, hyperactive, arrogant Jun being friends with the relatively calm and collected Pikari-lovin' Kengo just screams potential for a great dynamic. Worked for Looney Tunes and Yogi Bear.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    I've now officialy lost interest in the anime, Japan can you stop being nazis and do the right ****in thing, I say potato, you say potato, I say evolve, you say **** off, I mean if it says Piplup evolves, then shock horror evolve the nazi, but no, the huuuuuuuuuuugggggggggeeeeeeeeeeee demographic viewership are nazis, right? Do you know that you should evolve the damn thing and not glorify Hitler, yet one more one thing to hate the japanese by. I'm too old for this ****, seriously, is this some kind of late april fools joke, because it's fu-ck-in-hi-la-ri-ous right? Wrong. Screw Japan, screw hitler and most of all screw the anime.
    Overreaction/10

    It was pretty obvious from the second that Dawn started keeping Piplup out of its ball full time that it wouldn't evolve. And people thought it would evolve in this episode? Look at the movie 12 poster, or the promotional pictures for the future episodes, or gosh, I don't know, maybe that lockbox in your brain where you hide your common sence.

    I'm no Piplup lover either, infact I kind of hate the little thing, but its not that big of a deal that it didn't want to evolve. It would most likely keep the same personality, similar voice, and be kept out of its ball, so nothing would really change except for it getting a little bit taller, so it wouldn't even really make a difference, so why make such a big deal out of it.


    /End Rant.

    Edit: Oh and you're right. Not evolving one pokemon is indeed the same as killing millions of jews. I actually feel bad for you and anyone else who thinks that your nazi jokes are funny.
    Last edited by Misty Fanboi13; 2nd April 2009 at 9:54 PM.
    I'm back


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beautiful river of BLOOD. Ham.
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Fanboi13 View Post
    Overreaction/10

    It was pretty obvious from the second that Dawn started keeping Piplup out of its ball full time that it wouldn't evolve. And people thought it would evolve in this episode? Look at the movie 12 poster, or the promotional pictures for the future episodes, or gosh, I don't know, maybe that lockbox in your brain where you hide your common sence.

    I'm no Piplup lover either, infact I kind of hate the little thing, but its not that big of a deal that it didn't want to evolve. It would most likely keep the same personality, similar voice, and be kept out of its ball, so nothing would really change except for it getting a little bit taller, so it wouldn't even really make a difference, so why make such a big deal out of it.


    /End Rant.

    Edit: Oh and you're right. Not evolving one pokemon is indeed the same as killing millions of jews. I actually feel bad for you and anyone else who thinks that your nazi jokes are funny.
    Oh yeah, because I love piplup and I'm jokingly calling him hitlup right? Because that's what people do to their friends right, refer them to a hypocritical bas-tard, right? THINK MUCH. You're an eejit, it isn't a joke, so next time, think, right? But 10 points for thinking like a mental retard. It's not a joke, I'm dead fu-ckin serious? That b-itch should've evolved and I hate the Japanese for pulling a mean, mean, joke on me. Next time, call it Pochama's kopout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not, what you originally called it.
    /End Rant.
    Edit: I feel sorry for you, for actually thinking that Hitler's funny, seriously get medical attention, you psycho.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh yeah, because I love piplup and I'm jokingly calling him hitlup right? Because that's what people do to their friends right, refer them to a hypocritical bas-tard, right? THINK MUCH. You're an eejit, it isn't a joke, so next time, think, right? But 10 points for thinking like a mental retard. It's not a joke, I'm dead fu-ckin serious? That b-itch should've evolved and I hate the Japanese for pulling a mean, mean, joke on me. Next time, call it Pochama's kopout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not, what you originally called it.
    /End Rant.
    Edit: I feel sorry for you, for actually thinking that Hitler's funny, seriously get medical attention, you psycho.
    You're a retard. Stop hiding behind your computer.


    I'm looking forward to watching the subbed version, as it should clear some questions up for me. However, even with the lack of subs, I really enjoyed this episode. The whole idea of Pochama not wanting to evolve was handled pretty well to me. I believed it'd just be a copy of Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden, but it felt different. I liked how the resisting of evolution was played off, and how the everstone was incorporated. Pochama not evolving was fine with me too. Lately, the writers have been handling it much better than mid-DP, so its character makes up for its lack of evolution. Hoorah for Jun and Kenny in the episode also! :]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh yeah, because I love piplup and I'm jokingly calling him hitlup right? Because that's what people do to their friends right, refer them to a hypocritical bas-tard, right? THINK MUCH. You're an eejit, it isn't a joke, so next time, think, right? But 10 points for thinking like a mental retard. It's not a joke, I'm dead fu-ckin serious? That b-itch should've evolved and I hate the Japanese for pulling a mean, mean, joke on me. Next time, call it Pochama's kopout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not, what you originally called it.
    /End Rant.
    Edit: I feel sorry for you, for actually thinking that Hitler's funny, seriously get medical attention, you psycho.
    The language used by some people on here is absolutely disgusting. You're a disgrace.

    Piplups here to stay, get over it. Heck, I'm not a fan of Piplup, but you don't see me crying about it not evolving. Its not as if they tried to hide the fact from us, they even showed the frickin Everstone in the preview so we knew it wouldn't evolve...You hate the Japanese because they didn't do what YOU wanted? Oh boohoo. Honestly, go take your foul language somewhere else, coz quite frankly we couldn't care less.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On indefinite hiatus.
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh yeah, because I love piplup and I'm jokingly calling him hitlup right? Because that's what people do to their friends right, refer them to a hypocritical bas-tard, right? THINK MUCH. You're an eejit, it isn't a joke, so next time, think, right? But 10 points for thinking like a mental retard. It's not a joke, I'm dead fu-ckin serious? That b-itch should've evolved and I hate the Japanese for pulling a mean, mean, joke on me. Next time, call it Pochama's kopout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not, what you originally called it.
    /End Rant.
    Edit: I feel sorry for you, for actually thinking that Hitler's funny, seriously get medical attention, you psycho.
    WTF mate. Now you're just being a real whinger. >_> (horray for Australian slangs!)

    And do you MIND? I find 'that word' insulting, not to mention I got called that twice on this forum already.

    I suppose so. I didn't even know that the Ariados were using Hyper Beam... lol.
    I didn't notice, either, wow, great minds think alike.

    The fact that Barry and Kenny were best friends interests me, I mean, Barry had his arm around Kenny's shoulder. I can just imagine when they were little, and they were playing boyish games XD
    Last edited by sweet_piplup123; 6th April 2009 at 9:47 AM.

    Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Right Behind You
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    I've now officialy lost interest in the anime, Japan can you stop being nazis and do the right ****in thing, I say potato, you say potato, I say evolve, you say **** off, I mean if it says Piplup evolves, then shock horror evolve the nazi, but no, the huuuuuuuuuuugggggggggeeeeeeeeeeee demographic viewership are nazis, right? Do you know that you should evolve the damn thing and not glorify Hitler, yet one more one thing to hate the japanese by. I'm too old for this ****, seriously, is this some kind of late april fools joke, because it's fu-ck-in-hi-la-ri-ous right? Wrong. Screw Japan, screw hitler and most of all screw the anime.
    For someone who's claiming to be too old for this, you sure are acting like a spoiled kid who's whining and complaining because a cartoon show isn't the way he wants it to be.

    In other words, shut the hell up, kid.

    3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    piplup will evolve just not yet he simply wasnt ready yet but he will in probably like 50 episodes just guessing
    I'd like to see were you get this 50-episodes-in-the-future info from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    For someone who's claiming to be too old for this, you sure are acting like a spoiled kid who's whining and complaining because a cartoon show isn't the way he wants it to be.

    In other words, shut the hell up, kid.
    Exactly.

    I can't see how people are even upset about this. It's been obvious for about a year that Piplup wasn't evolving.

    Dawn had 3 evolutions already
    Brock had 1
    Ash had 4 and Chimchar is confirmed to make 5

    Don't you think thats more than enough? In Johto Ash's only pokemon to evolve was Chicorita. Of course Brock's Pineco and Zubat/Golbat evolved and Misty's Poliwag/Poliwhirl evolved but who cares? We never even seen Foretress, Crobat or Politoed.

    Be happy with what we get people; this series is turning out even better than AG IMO.

    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ...you want to know why?
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I'd like to see were you get this 50-episodes-in-the-future info from.
    I don't think it'll evolve in the near future, but someday, one day, 2 or 3 years from now after Dawn leaves. Piplup is only here for DP, it's about as permanent a mascot as the other starters. Once 5th Gen rolls around, whenever that is, Piplup gets the boot, now free to evolve if or whenever it wishes to, another girly coordinator and bird starter gets milked for all their worth, and the cycle repeats.


    How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I'd like to see were you get this 50-episodes-in-the-future info from.



    Exactly.

    I can't see how people are even upset about this. It's been obvious for about a year that Piplup wasn't evolving.

    Dawn had 3 evolutions already
    Brock had 1
    Ash had 4 and Chimchar is confirmed to make 5

    Don't you think thats more than enough? In Johto Ash's only pokemon to evolve was Chicorita. Of course Brock's Pineco and Zubat/Golbat evolved and Misty's Poliwag/Poliwhirl evolved but who cares? We never even seen Foretress, Crobat or Politoed.

    Be happy with what we get people; this series is turning out even better than AG IMO.
    Well, actually, I've seen a lot of them when I watched the episodes.
    My name in Pearl : Valou
    My Friend Code : 5112 3257 9185

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
    One thing I don't get is how did Dawn manage to stop Piplup from evolving? From what I see, there was no 'B' button and no everstone either.
    It stopped itself several times with great effort, so I'm not sure what scene you're referring to or what difference it makes.

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    I've now officialy lost interest in the anime, Japan can you stop being nazis and do the right ****in thing, I say potato, you say potato, I say evolve, you say **** off, I mean if it says Piplup evolves, then shock horror evolve the nazi
    1. Grow up.

    2. If by "it" you mean the title, no, it does not say Piplup evolves. That question mark is there for a reason. You're just choosing to be mad because what you chose to assume would happen never happened. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Geodude; 5th April 2009 at 3:53 PM.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    It stopped itself several times with great effort, so I'm not sure what scene you're referring to or what difference it makes
    Yeah, I know it was trying to stop itself from evolving... so I mean in the end, due to all that of the trying, it just stops evolving like that?

    Signatures by Me.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands, Amsterdam
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    I've now officialy lost interest in the anime, Japan can you stop being nazis and do the right ****in thing, I say potato, you say potato, I say evolve, you say **** off, I mean if it says Piplup evolves, then shock horror evolve the nazi, but no, the huuuuuuuuuuugggggggggeeeeeeeeeeee demographic viewership are nazis, right? Do you know that you should evolve the damn thing and not glorify Hitler, yet one more one thing to hate the japanese by. I'm too old for this ****, seriously, is this some kind of late april fools joke, because it's fu-ck-in-hi-la-ri-ous right? Wrong. Screw Japan, screw hitler and most of all screw the anime.
    Why has the term "Nazi's" have to be with Japan and this Anime???... Wrong Sentence...
    "What does Nazi's have to do with Japan and this Anime"???
    This is Red. If you think Red is the greatest pokemon Trainer, copy and paste this in your sig *started by Mewten150*
    Charizard Rulez!

    I'm also a Red x Leaf/Green/Blue (FR/LG Female Trainer) Supporter.
    It's called BurningLeafShipping and i'm also a supporter of the Luckyshipping (Red x Green is the same as that almost) I'm also PkmnMegahero of Youtube.
    I use My favourite pokemon, and I don't care about what pokemon are good or not. If you agree then copy and paste this into your sig(Started by BlazikenBud)

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    *sigh*

    Yet another Pokémon that won't evolve. I'm getting really tired of this. One more reason to hate Piplup.
    See this is why Piplups like a wanna be mascot. It gets its own episode for it, its own ending theme, wont evolve, and wont stay in its pokeball.Why oh why... Cant stand the penguin and hate it. A whole episode about it ........and then it doesnt evolve and beats TR easily like it got stronger somehow......arg. But I loved how they showed the trainers with the evolved forms and a piplup before everyone got mad that it wasnt going to evolve.
    Main thing I hated is that Dawn picked it up with backround and all going "your my special pokemon you're my piplup!" .......agr.....

    I liked how they showed Kenny FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLY and barry I seem to like more and more. I wanna see how they do in ping pong in the english version, I already watched a japanese dub. This might sound random but, I'd love to see empoleon with a ping pong pattle (thing you hold forgot the name) and wobble walking to hit the ball. That'd be cute for some reason.
    Last edited by Darkxninga; 3rd September 2009 at 3:30 AM.
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    219

    Default

    C'mon, Torchic ended up as Blaziken. Stop shoving us that penguin down our throats, it is already bad enough that it is a non-reptilian starter (the first water one, but we already had loads and loads of fire mammals). It should have evolved. Chimchar too. Pikachu and Meowth staying like that is okay, but enough is enough.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,180

    Default

    So Dawn got an Everstone? Now what? Will she throw it on Piplups head every time it tries to evolve??


  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    So Dawn got an Everstone? Now what? Will she throw it on Piplups head every time it tries to evolve??
    Hopefully she'll ram it down Piplups throut so it'l shut the penguin up

    Tbh I'm glad Piplup didn't evolve,Piplups hawt and doesn't really have any need to evolve yet (unlike Torchic who was trying to get May's attention)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Holy crap, it's DP074 all over again with you people. Sorry to disappoint my 3 fans, but this review will not even come close to touching the epic hilarity of everybody else here.



    This is Sleeping Bag Pochama! If you don't buy me, little children will continue to starve in Africa, some more banks will implode, and the Easter Bunny will leave you nothing but those disgusting Marshmallow Peeps. God, I hate Peeps. If anybody gives me Peeps for Easter, I'm gonna fry one in their microwave. It's funny stuff, people.

    Anyways, this episode features Barry the DP rival, in addition to Kenny the other rival who everyone thought would have Barry's design. Remember those days? I think the only Pochandise I had back then was a Pochama dog pillow. We get some foreshadowing of DP124, which features the version of Pong that actually involves exercise. What was it? Ping pong, that's the one! Of course, watching Empoleon's fruity dance causes Pochama to get "excited", and just like when the rest of us get "excited", it starts glowing.

    APRIL FOOLS! Wait, that was yesterday? I missed it? Frick, now I only have Talk-Like-a-Pirate Day to look forward to in 2009. Anyways, Piplup pulls a Bulbasaur, although with more attempted drama. It runs away, making for a fun searching party game. Full 10 points for bringing the whole body back alive, but you can still get 5 points for just the head. And what's this? A throwback to DP001 with Ariados capturing Pochama? It's not really the same, people. You see, it's missing the cameo Dunsparce also caught up in the web.

    Hmm...I figured they were gonna predictably have just Piplup get captured then prove its worth without having to evolve, but having it save Barry and Kenny is actually a better angle even if it even more so screams, "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden". And that Pochatasshelt (or Pipproleon) mecha is one of the best in a while, for both lethalness and fulfilling crazy fan sprite fusions. One thing I still don't get, though, is how people climb the sides of those things. Contest practice starts now, though I wonder if Barry will stick around to watch or if we'll just see him in the episode after.

    It was the better of the two episodes today, although I probably still prefer "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden", which is one of the few Kanto episodes that actually holds up its quality if you rewatch it today. Though the addition of both Barry and Kenny benefitted this episode a lot.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,309

    Default

    Oh, why did you did that writers? Why? Dawn could have a strong and powerful Empoleon, but now she will have forever a weak little... Ah... It's still not clearly in my brain why does near EVERY Pokemon must refuse to evolove... I mean, like evolution is something bad... Nah, whatever...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •