Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Stopped in the Name of Love (590)

If piplup didn't want to evolve because of what happened with mamoswine maybe piplup will evolve later after mamoswine listens to dawn. I so wanted to see this one but I missed it . Is the episode out in english yet?
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Mamoswine does listen to Dawn.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Huh........ That evo thing only looks good on Pikachu.......... and now that their treating Piplup like the 4th Generation Mascot, it's really stupid.
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

Im glad to see kenny and barry is annoying.
    great episode.

I don't understand the title :S

But other than that, this was too similar to the Bulbasaur episode from Kanto. It was like watching it all over again.

I like how they explained the Everstone though. It'll stop evolution if the Pokemon is within range of it.

Too bad that Piplup didn't evolve..

but i loved to see Barry and Kenny in the same episode, they were great.

5/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

In a way I wish that Piplup had evolved. It would be a much better battler as a Prinplup. I could understand its reasoning for not evolving from Meowth's translation, but I'd still think Dawn would be better off with a Prinplup. At least the episode had Kenny and Barry around to keep things interesting, though. Team Rocket's Pipprinoleon robot was hideous, though. :P Definitely not one of their better mechas, that's for sure. I did like the part where Barry was practically pushing Ash and Brock and Kenny out of the pokemon center to practie, though. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Okay-ish episode. Like people have said, it was like Bulbasaurs Mysterious Garden. Dawn had quite a few funny lines (as in, stupid.) though. "Where could Piplup have gone!?". I totally expected her to pull a Mrs. Weasley and lash out at Team Rocket with "NOT MY PIPLUP, YOU *****!!"

7/10.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaide View Post
    It was a pointless, unnecessary, and disappointing episode. Well, I mean I knew Piplup wasn't going to evolve, but the episode itself was just too pointless. But why are they not evolving any of their Pokemon? I love Piplup, but I think Dawn needs to evolve it. Seriously. Okay, so maybe it wasn't unnecessary, but they didn't need to drag it out into one episode, a part of another would suffice. And they made the episode all nostalgic for Dawn, but that just really didn't appeal to me.
    Its not up to the trainers to evolve their Pokemon, the Pokemon will evolve when THEY are ready, not when the trainers are ready. People need to realise that the anime is not like the game and trainers can't just evolve their Pokemon at the click of a finger.

I thot it was a cute story. While Dawn raised good points in favor of evolution (stronger attack power and greater range of moves), Piplup's emotional reason against it was explained well. He was a Piplup when he first met Dawn and he wanted to stay that way, to be strong and protect her as is. I liked the little touch of the Ariados web harkening to Dawn's debut and Meowth acting as translator always tugs at my heart. I also appreciated seeing another ingame Item on the show, and having Nurse Joy give out the Everstone meant she had something to do beside get Brock's temperature rising.
    I think eps like this are important b/c even if you don't agree w/ the main charas having small, un-evolved pokes in their lineup it gave a canon reason for Piplup to stay that way. Altho some forumers correctly guessed for ages that Piplup was never going to evolve this removes all doubt. And let's face it, not every viewer shares our keen deductive prowess. *nods sagely*
    FRIEND CODES
    3265-5772-9903
    Diamond Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~
    0174-3499-2232
    Silver Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~

Wishvee eggs giveaway. Check online status to ensure trade.
        Spoiler:- Trade Offerings:

Spoiler:- Trade Requests:

Trades re-open. Plz inc FC and Time Zone w/ request. I am EST Zone

I really wanted Piplup to evovle in this episode.Team Rockets mecha in this episode was weird looking.It looked like an ugly Prinplup.I think they did it to back piplup to not evovle.

9/10

there's no Battle Frontier?!

GAHHH! I wished Piplup would have evolved, that would have been so cool. But I understand it's reasons for not evolving so I'm not mad at it. Good episode.

It was awesome to see all three Piplup evolutions on screen at the same time!

Also, the best quote ever:

Jessie: If we bring all three evolutions to the boss, he'll give us the shirt off his back!
    James: But I don't like his shirt...
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I think Piplup did the right thing...

This episode was ok... It was sad to find out that Piplup would not ever be evolving, especially since it is my favorite starter evolution family... In a way it made sense because it seemed the writers wanted 3 different trainers all to have 3 different forms of the Piplup family. It was cool to finally see what an Everstone looks like in the Anime for the 1st time. It was interesting to watch Piplup keep on struggling to prevent evolution, that looked very painful... It was cool to see all 3 Pokemon in the Piplup family together at once.

10/100

Part of me wanted Piplup to evolve here, but alas. I was way more interested in seeing Barry again as well as him interacting with Kenny even if them being here felt forced; it seemed like a way for Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon to all appear together. Team Rocket's penguin mecha was hideous, but I liked that Meowth revealed why Piplup was against evolving.

This was a great episode. The emotional scenes in this episode was really good and this episode really showed off Dawn's and Piplup's relationship in a very interesting and emotional way. It was great seeing Barry again, Kenny appearing was rather nice too and we got to see the complete line of Piplup, Prinplup, and Empoleon. 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567