Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stopped in the Name of Love (590)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I'd like to see were you get this 50-episodes-in-the-future info from.
    I don't think it'll evolve in the near future, but someday, one day, 2 or 3 years from now after Dawn leaves. Piplup is only here for DP, it's about as permanent a mascot as the other starters. Once 5th Gen rolls around, whenever that is, Piplup gets the boot, now free to evolve if or whenever it wishes to, another girly coordinator and bird starter gets milked for all their worth, and the cycle repeats.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Yeah, that's always a possibility. Not that seeing it as a Prinplup/Empoleon for a grand total of 3 episodes will make much difference.

It doesn't really have to be a bird starter, it was probably just a coincidence that we got 2 bird-based starters in a row.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I'm happy with the episode. I loved Dawn and Piplup went through the same thing they went at the beginning. Very clever. Piplup us becoming entertaining lately. I'm happy it didn't evolve.

From what I hear, Piplup didn't evolve because it didn't want to become disobedient like Mamoswine. I guess Piplup loves Dawn a lot that it would refuse evolution for her benefit.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It's funny, because I'm glancing back over the review thread for "Pika and Goliath", and it reeks of the same material as this. Any old moron on the street can tell you an evolution would not occur, and for some odd reason it gets debated in the spoiler forum for a month, then when the episode finally airs, everyone goes ballistic from no evolution. This includes people saying they are "through" with the show, that the writers "owe" them for "teasing" them, baseless mascot bashing, followed by continued debates over evolution. Oddly enough, this was exactly a year ago, showing that Serebii Forums truly is one huge neverending cycle of manic nonsense that always comes full circle in the end.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

The poster that Jun held up, showed me how the "made up" text in the anime works.
    They just take some Hiragana or Katakana of what they're trying to say and chop off bits and pieces of it, and viola, you get the language. If you know a bit of katakana, you can tell that it once said "Pokemon Pinpon"

btw, Who actually thought that Piplup was seriously going to evolve? I mean really, It's on the same godly level as pikachu with japanese children.
    Last edited by RageKaiser; 3rd April 2009 at 2:37 AM.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

LOL @ the ranting in this thread. Oh boy, I'd like to see peoples faces if Chimchar didn't evolve (if we didn't know it would by Movie 12), lol.

I wonder, if there was an ep where Corphish stopped itself from evolving, would there have been complaining? We were never given an in-show reason why Corphish never evolved, but nobody seemed to care either.

Anyway seems like the writers are going to keep Dawn with her plushies, Piplup, Buneary, Pachi and her evo's, Ambipom and Mamoswine.

I'm pretty content with the team Dawn has, given this looks to be her final team for Sinnoh at least. Well let's move on.

Predictable. I knew Piplup wasn't going to evolve in this episode. Piplup knows that once it evolves it will barely out of its pokeball anymore. And besides it would've upstage that kid...what's his name? Anyway, it would've upstage that kid's Prinplup.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I wonder, if there was an ep where Corphish stopped itself from evolving, would there have been complaining? We were never given an in-show reason why Corphish never evolved, but nobody seemed to care either.
    Corphish does have a reason it can't evolve, they don't want to give a main character a Dark-type Pokémon. Might have never been stated in show, but it is there, and blatantly obvious.

I like Piplup's reason for not evolving, and I'm glad they came up with a good reason rather than having bad blood with it's evos, or just plain not wanting to.

no no no NO!!!!
    i like pimplup as it is, cute, but yet sassy and kick*ss. a primplup will be more obeadiant and the ratings will drop to nothing.

Spoiler:- Credits:

That's not a reason that has any bases on the story though. That would be like saying Piplup didn't evolve just because it's a mascot. I'm glad they gave Piplup a reason not to evolve, they should do that with all of the pokemon that they writers decide they are never going to evolve.

While we're on the subject of Corphish, for example, they could have had it develop a rivalry with Archie's Crawdaunt (and it would have given Team Aqua more screentime, win-win situation).

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

This episode was good. What impressed me the most is Dawn breaking into the TR mecha and destroying the thing from the inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    This annoys me. The only Pokemon I want to evolve gets an everstone. I knew it wouldn't evolve in this episode, that was obvious, but I imagined it would evolve during the DPP Battle Frontier or near the Grand Festival.

The thing with Pikachu and Bulbasaur's choices not to evolve is it works with their character but that isn't the case here.
    Whoa, you're back! Post on a regular basis again, I may pick on you, but I still miss you...

So anyway, how is this everstone thing being handled? Is Pip just wearing it like some sort of necklace? Did it swallow it like Ultrazard (fanfic Pokemon) did to retain its form?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

well it's an ok episode. obviously, piplup will not evolve oh well!

btw, why is the episode in youtube not in HD?

The only thing that annoys me is that they make titles like that and nothing happens. Thats just pointless. -.-

There's a flame that leads our souls astray
    No one's safe from its tender touch of pain

And every day it's looking for new slaves
    To celebrate the beauty of the grave

We are like the living dead
    Sacrificing all we have

For a frozen heart and a soul on fire
    We are like the living dead

Craving for deliverance
    With a frozen heart and a soul on fire

-- SPC --
    -- Last.Fm --
    -- Pair/Credit --

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    So Dawn got an Everstone? Now what? Will she throw it on Piplups head every time it tries to evolve??
    Hopefully she'll ram it down Piplups throut so it'l shut the penguin up

Tbh I'm glad Piplup didn't evolve,Piplups hawt and doesn't really have any need to evolve yet (unlike Torchic who was trying to get May's attention)

Quote Originally Posted by ZgonDuck View Post
    I don't think it'll evolve in the near future, but someday, one day, 2 or 3 years from now after Dawn leaves. Piplup is only here for DP, it's about as permanent a mascot as the other starters. Once 5th Gen rolls around, whenever that is, Piplup gets the boot, now free to evolve if or whenever it wishes to, another girly coordinator and bird starter gets milked for all their worth, and the cycle repeats.
    Or maybe the girly coordinator will have all evolved pokémon in her team for once.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I knew that Piplup would never evolve, it's trying to be like Pikachu and get as strong as it can without evolving.

Now that Dawn has an everstone i think we're stuck with Piplup forever.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I'd like to see were you get this 50-episodes-in-the-future info from.

Exactly.

I can't see how people are even upset about this. It's been obvious for about a year that Piplup wasn't evolving.

Dawn had 3 evolutions already
    Brock had 1
    Ash had 4 and Chimchar is confirmed to make 5

Don't you think thats more than enough? In Johto Ash's only pokemon to evolve was Chicorita. Of course Brock's Pineco and Zubat/Golbat evolved and Misty's Poliwag/Poliwhirl evolved but who cares? We never even seen Foretress, Crobat or Politoed.

Be happy with what we get people; this series is turning out even better than AG IMO.
    Well, actually, I've seen a lot of them when I watched the episodes.
    My name in Pearl : Valou
    My Friend Code : 5112 3257 9185

My god, just looking the episode pictures on the main website is enough to make me feel emotional.

...seriously. Piplup was stressing over a big decision, I felt like giving it a hug to sooth its emotional storm.

And yet people are still being mean. God sometimes I just felt sick listening to endless and pointless complaints about Piplup.
    Last edited by sweet_piplup123; 3rd April 2009 at 12:37 PM.

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Figures as the Piplup haters would complain to no end which is nothing new, but this episode really surprised me. Not the fact the obvious, but how Dawn was totally in a different page then Piplup. She wanted Piplup to evolve, she was so excited, but the minute she told Piplup that, I didn't expect it to snap, and get into a huge fight, well more as Piplup runs away. Looks like Piplup not wanting to evolve basically rubbed off from Pikachu from exactly a year ago since DP 74 aired.

But I liked how the situation was handled. But I will wonder just like Pikachu what if was a Prinplup. I wouldn't mind if it evolved, but same ol Piplup. But too bad its fiesty attitude is not the same when they first met.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Fanboi13 View Post
    Overreaction/10

It was pretty obvious from the second that Dawn started keeping Piplup out of its ball full time that it wouldn't evolve. And people thought it would evolve in this episode? Look at the movie 12 poster, or the promotional pictures for the future episodes, or gosh, I don't know, maybe that lockbox in your brain where you hide your common sence.

I'm no Piplup lover either, infact I kind of hate the little thing, but its not that big of a deal that it didn't want to evolve. It would most likely keep the same personality, similar voice, and be kept out of its ball, so nothing would really change except for it getting a little bit taller, so it wouldn't even really make a difference, so why make such a big deal out of it.

/End Rant.

Edit: Oh and you're right. Not evolving one pokemon is indeed the same as killing millions of jews. I actually feel bad for you and anyone else who thinks that your nazi jokes are funny.
    Oh yeah, because I love piplup and I'm jokingly calling him hitlup right? Because that's what people do to their friends right, refer them to a hypocritical bas-tard, right? THINK MUCH. You're an eejit, it isn't a joke, so next time, think, right? But 10 points for thinking like a mental retard. It's not a joke, I'm dead fu-ckin serious? That b-itch should've evolved and I hate the Japanese for pulling a mean, mean, joke on me. Next time, call it Pochama's kopout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not, what you originally called it.
    /End Rant.
    Edit: I feel sorry for you, for actually thinking that Hitler's funny, seriously get medical attention, you psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh yeah, because I love piplup and I'm jokingly calling him hitlup right? Because that's what people do to their friends right, refer them to a hypocritical bas-tard, right? THINK MUCH. You're an eejit, it isn't a joke, so next time, think, right? But 10 points for thinking like a mental retard. It's not a joke, I'm dead fu-ckin serious? That b-itch should've evolved and I hate the Japanese for pulling a mean, mean, joke on me. Next time, call it Pochama's kopout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not, what you originally called it.
    /End Rant.
    Edit: I feel sorry for you, for actually thinking that Hitler's funny, seriously get medical attention, you psycho.
    You're a retard. Stop hiding behind your computer.

I'm looking forward to watching the subbed version, as it should clear some questions up for me. However, even with the lack of subs, I really enjoyed this episode. The whole idea of Pochama not wanting to evolve was handled pretty well to me. I believed it'd just be a copy of Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden, but it felt different. I liked how the resisting of evolution was played off, and how the everstone was incorporated. Pochama not evolving was fine with me too. Lately, the writers have been handling it much better than mid-DP, so its character makes up for its lack of evolution. Hoorah for Jun and Kenny in the episode also! :]

Yeh i thought it would be a rip of dat aswell but it wasn't

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Yeh i thought it would be a rip of dat aswell but it wasn't

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast