Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 167

Thread: Stopped in the Name of Love (590)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh yeah, because I love piplup and I'm jokingly calling him hitlup right? Because that's what people do to their friends right, refer them to a hypocritical bas-tard, right? THINK MUCH. You're an eejit, it isn't a joke, so next time, think, right? But 10 points for thinking like a mental retard. It's not a joke, I'm dead fu-ckin serious? That b-itch should've evolved and I hate the Japanese for pulling a mean, mean, joke on me. Next time, call it Pochama's kopout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not, what you originally called it.
    /End Rant.
    Edit: I feel sorry for you, for actually thinking that Hitler's funny, seriously get medical attention, you psycho.
    The language used by some people on here is absolutely disgusting. You're a disgrace.

    Piplups here to stay, get over it. Heck, I'm not a fan of Piplup, but you don't see me crying about it not evolving. Its not as if they tried to hide the fact from us, they even showed the frickin Everstone in the preview so we knew it wouldn't evolve...You hate the Japanese because they didn't do what YOU wanted? Oh boohoo. Honestly, go take your foul language somewhere else, coz quite frankly we couldn't care less.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikalover View Post
    I'm not upset so much over the fact that Piplup didn't evolve in this episode (because I was 99% sure that it wasn't), it's that Piplup will NEVER evolve now that Dawn has an Everstone.
    That is the real problem with this episode. Bulbasaur still has the ability to evolve if he ever wants to but I have no idea how an Everstone will work in the anime so we don't even know if the possibility is available or not.

    Another problem is that Piplup's constant "Look at me! Hey! Listen!" attitude can get on your nerves a bit.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    Why does it matter if it never evolves? It's not like theres a severe lack of Prinplup and Empoleon on the show or anything.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Well, I've always thought Piplup wouldn't evolve, especially with Kenny and Jun.

    But I think this episode shows a side of Piplup that we don't really see... a more serious and reflective side.

    And I LOVE the part where the Ariados come again... it's really symbolic and touching! Not to mention, Piplup is REALLY uber adorable.

    One thing I don't get is how did Dawn manage to stop Piplup from evolving? From what I see, there was no 'B' button and no everstone either.

    Signatures by Me.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Pippy doesn't evolve! YIPEE!!!

    Why would I want Piplup to evolve anyway>

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    with my fellow hell makers
    Posts
    730

    Default

    People should stop worrying about piplup and start worrying about the fact that over use of hyper beam usage is becoming even worse than before. Now the contamination is spreading to the likes of Ariados, ARIADOS for crying out loud! What about signal beam or something, it dosen't matter just Please! Just anything that's not Hyper beam I beg of ye!!!


  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Hahahah more hyper beam fans lol

    To be perfectly honest in da games its not dat impressive cuz of da whole wait to recharge thing


    nd i actually like dat part cuz compared to their original attack which piplup absorbed which i think was a poison sting. It shows pilup is stronger


    Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!


    I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
    One thing I don't get is how did Dawn manage to stop Piplup from evolving? From what I see, there was no 'B' button and no everstone either.
    It stopped itself several times with great effort, so I'm not sure what scene you're referring to or what difference it makes.

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    I've now officialy lost interest in the anime, Japan can you stop being nazis and do the right ****in thing, I say potato, you say potato, I say evolve, you say **** off, I mean if it says Piplup evolves, then shock horror evolve the nazi
    1. Grow up.

    2. If by "it" you mean the title, no, it does not say Piplup evolves. That question mark is there for a reason. You're just choosing to be mad because what you chose to assume would happen never happened. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Geodude; 5th April 2009 at 3:53 PM.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    12 Wrose Road, Shipley
    Posts
    265

    Unhappy piplup dont evolve!!!

    I dont want piplup to evolve! Piplups is the mascot so it souldn't evolve! People who wants piplup to evolve: Should get a grip! Im glad piplup didn't evovle! Because he's funny!

    Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Giant Mitten
    Posts
    4,506

    Default

    Hey, guys...

    This is not a thread to discuss whether you want Piplup to evolve or not, or bash it because it did not evolve in the episode. Here, you discuss the ENTIRE episode - believe it or not, other things happened in the episode. Any bashing or debating after this post will be infracted, jsyk.

    OT: Barry is really starting to grow on me, lol. I guess since the hype over him has died down, I find him to be a pretty cool character. When TR showed up, we seemed to have the same reaction. XD; So he and Kenny know each other/are friends? Totally wasn't expecting that. I loved the Dawn/Piplup friendship in this episode (as well as the references back to the first few episodes of DP), too. Really cute! I've been looking forward to seeing Kenny again for a while now, so I'm really interested in that battle between him and Dawn that began at the end of the episode.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    It stopped itself several times with great effort, so I'm not sure what scene you're referring to or what difference it makes
    Yeah, I know it was trying to stop itself from evolving... so I mean in the end, due to all that of the trying, it just stops evolving like that?

    Signatures by Me.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    One thing I don't understand is how Piplup struggled to stop itself from evolving. Bulbasaur seemed to manage all the time after it chose not to evolve so I don't see why Piplup would need an Everstone.

    Anyway as Chelc said there is more to this episode than Piplup. It was great to see Jun again he's one of my favourite DP characters.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    One thing I don't understand is how Piplup struggled to stop itself from evolving. Bulbasaur seemed to manage all the time after it chose not to evolve so I don't see why Piplup would need an Everstone.
    Granted, unless my game memory is fuzzy (and it is), Everstones didn't exist back then.

    To expand on what I meant by Barry seeming like a secondary cast member, he's the closest any supporting character has come to sheer screen time ratio compared to the main cast. Counting the next two episodes, he's been in about 1/3 of the episodes since his debut, and unlike other rivals, he doesn't just stick around for one episode. And unlike a character like Snap, Barry doesn't vanish for long. He's actively involved with the cast, even in episodes where his role is entirely irrelevant. And he's more of a saga contribution than Brock, that's for sure.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Granted, unless my game memory is fuzzy (and it is), Everstones didn't exist back then.
    That's not what I mean. Just because Everstones didn't exist then it doesn't change the fact that Bulbasaur has won several battles since it decided not to evolve and it never had any trouble while Piplup made it seem like agony.

    I really don't understand how an Everstone can work in the anime. In the games you can remove the stone but in the anime Piplup is hardly going to be carrying a stone the size of it's arm around all the time so would that mean the effects are perminant?

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    I think everyone's looking into it too deeply, then. It would be tedious to keep bringing the subject up in Bulbasaur's case, and in Piplup's case, it seems the Everstone was given to Dawn instead of having Piplup just touch it once, so I suppose it will be touched every now and then off-screen. Again, it would be tedious to bring it up again.

    Basically no, much of it doesn't make sense, but personally, I'm perfectly content not caring about it or not thinking too hard.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    The anime explanation for how the Everstone works was no doubt given in the dialogue that we didn't understand/haven't had translated yet.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Netherlands, Amsterdam
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    I've now officialy lost interest in the anime, Japan can you stop being nazis and do the right ****in thing, I say potato, you say potato, I say evolve, you say **** off, I mean if it says Piplup evolves, then shock horror evolve the nazi, but no, the huuuuuuuuuuugggggggggeeeeeeeeeeee demographic viewership are nazis, right? Do you know that you should evolve the damn thing and not glorify Hitler, yet one more one thing to hate the japanese by. I'm too old for this ****, seriously, is this some kind of late april fools joke, because it's fu-ck-in-hi-la-ri-ous right? Wrong. Screw Japan, screw hitler and most of all screw the anime.
    Why has the term "Nazi's" have to be with Japan and this Anime???... Wrong Sentence...
    "What does Nazi's have to do with Japan and this Anime"???
    This is Red. If you think Red is the greatest pokemon Trainer, copy and paste this in your sig *started by Mewten150*
    Charizard Rulez!

    I'm also a Red x Leaf/Green/Blue (FR/LG Female Trainer) Supporter.
    It's called BurningLeafShipping and i'm also a supporter of the Luckyshipping (Red x Green is the same as that almost) I'm also PkmnMegahero of Youtube.
    I use My favourite pokemon, and I don't care about what pokemon are good or not. If you agree then copy and paste this into your sig(Started by BlazikenBud)

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    The anime explanation for how the Everstone works was no doubt given in the dialogue that we didn't understand/haven't had translated yet.
    I suppose so. I didn't even know that the Ariados were using Hyper Beam... lol.

    Signatures by Me.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On indefinite hiatus.
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    Oh yeah, because I love piplup and I'm jokingly calling him hitlup right? Because that's what people do to their friends right, refer them to a hypocritical bas-tard, right? THINK MUCH. You're an eejit, it isn't a joke, so next time, think, right? But 10 points for thinking like a mental retard. It's not a joke, I'm dead fu-ckin serious? That b-itch should've evolved and I hate the Japanese for pulling a mean, mean, joke on me. Next time, call it Pochama's kopout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not, what you originally called it.
    /End Rant.
    Edit: I feel sorry for you, for actually thinking that Hitler's funny, seriously get medical attention, you psycho.
    WTF mate. Now you're just being a real whinger. >_> (horray for Australian slangs!)

    And do you MIND? I find 'that word' insulting, not to mention I got called that twice on this forum already.

    I suppose so. I didn't even know that the Ariados were using Hyper Beam... lol.
    I didn't notice, either, wow, great minds think alike.

    The fact that Barry and Kenny were best friends interests me, I mean, Barry had his arm around Kenny's shoulder. I can just imagine when they were little, and they were playing boyish games XD
    Last edited by sweet_piplup123; 6th April 2009 at 9:47 AM.

    Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    ewwww wrong thoughts in my mind about barry nd kenny lol


    Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!


    I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

  21. #71
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    426

    Default

    LOL this reminds me that Jun and Kenny look kind of... compatible.

    Signatures by Me.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Barry = Love

    It's nice to finally see Piplup with some personality again.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    CA,US
    Posts
    60

    Default

    It was obvious that piplup would not evolve.
    Unlike Haruka's Torchic, DP has been giving off plenty of hints that it would never evolve, such as giving it a great personality and making it one of the "out of the pokeball" pokemon (although unlike pikachu, it was sometimes in it) and debuting prinplup and empoleon (its evolutions)to story's sub-characters. Also it even gave it a whole ending.

    As piplup tried to explain something to Dawn in the first section of the episode, I was thinking of how meowth could resolve the situation if he was there, but at the end, he did his job well lol. Maybe too well enough to blow up their well-made prinplup mech, which I really liked. I hope TR will develop empoleon mech in future.
    Platinum FC: 5241 7799 4194

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    That mecha was just creepy....Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon all rolled into one.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Shamouti Shrine
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    I was really hoping Piplup would evolve in this episode. Shame it didn't.

    What I really liked though is that at the end of the day we got a whole episode focued on Piplup, we hadn't had an episode like this for a while now.

    Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

    PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

    [14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish


    *** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •