Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stopped in the Name of Love (590)

...zzz...what? SPPf LOADED? It's an Easter miracle!

-Oh god a Jun episode this is gonna be GREAT
    -Blah blah Piplup's drunk blah blah who cares.
    -Jun runs into Ash! Horray! Bodily harm makes me happy!
    -Kenny...sounds four years younger than I remember him sounding.
    -Kenny and Jun are ~*Best Friends*~
    -Pokemon Ping Pong! Oh, those silly writers? What will they think of next?
    -Jun is way too excited about playing Ping Pong
    -Piplup is EVOLVE....hahahahaha who am I kidding.
    -Piplup wills itself into staying in easily marketable form
    -PIKACHU! No! Bad! No eating on top of the people table!
    -Piplup imagines itself as the hard-to-market Prinplup. It's not happy about it.
    -It doesn't wanna grow up, it's a Toys R Us Kid's product!
    -Dawn assures Piplup that the changes it's experiencing are perfectly natural. Maybe she should find a nice hip book about Puberty And You.
    -Piplup REFUSES to turn into the hard-to-market Prinplup
    -Jun is insisting on having everyone train for Pokemon ping-pong. Love it!
    -Oh hey an excuse for Jun and Kenny to have their Piplup evos out! I never would have guessed!
    -Piplup is so ****ing determined not to evolve that it's medidating under a waterfall!
    -The execs over at Gamefreak must have promised Piplup a BIG wad of dough if it refused to evolve.
    -Hey look a rehash of the first ep of DP! Excuse me, I meant a reference. Because there's probably gonna be a montage at somepoint during this episode showing all the RAD GOOD TIMES Dawn and Piplup had together
    -Dawn? You know that all those Ariados are on just one side of you? Try RUNNING AWAY.
    -Hey it's the INTERESTING characters. Quick, Jun&Kenny! SAVE THIS EPISODE!
    -Oh god a GIANT MECHANICAL PRINPIPLUPOLEON.
    -Let's see, recap of the first day of Dawn's adventure:Check.
    -That is the most hideous Prinplup lookalike I've ever seen. Clearly the animators telling us SEE THIS IS WHY PIPLUP WON'T EVOLVE. WOULD YOU WANT A PLUSH OF THIS? NO YOU WOULDN'T.
    -I quite like how Jun waves TR off whenever they try their motto.
    -Slow-mo shot Piplup crying for help? Of course!
    -Dawn clinging to the window and talking at Piplup? OF COURSE!
    -DAWN BREAKING INTO THE MECHA AND BEING ****** AT TR FOR TAKING PIPLUP? OF COOOOUUURRRSSSEEE!!
    -Piplup making a triumphant entry to the cockpit and making a striking mini-speech to TR/Dawn while Meowth translates? NATUERLICH!
    -Dawn calling Piplup a super partner? ABER SICHER!
    -No matter how hard you try, little Piplup, nobody can stop puberty except by removing the pituitary gland.
    -You know, maybe I should start having a THING where I bust into random topics and complain about how it's sooooo obvious that Piplup really should be evolving but the writers pulled a reason from their asses to keep it as Piplup. All the cool kids have a THING they post about at any opportunity, after all.
    -Okay, maybe you CAN stop puberty if you have a magical rock that cancels out your pituitary. I'm not an expert on animebiology.
    -An ending filled with Pikachu, two "one of us has split ends and the other has slightly darker fur so we're SPECIAL NEW PICHUS BUY OUR MERCHANDISE" Pichu, and a few adorable starter Pokemon? (and....Croagunk?) It's the perfect storm of marketing!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

It was obvious piplup wasn't evolving nd yeh it's good to see piplup with some more personality

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Juputoru, your lovely random use of German makes my poor soul smiling...MEHR!

After SPPf ate my loooong review for this episode a week ago, I will just say that I liked this episode, but prefered other "I-won´t-evolve" episodes of the anime, like Pikachu´s ( 3rd gym) or Bisasam´s ( Bulbasaur´s mysterious garden) episodes.

Jun is still awesome, and the mecha was sooo toy worthy...I want one.Damn penguins being so marketable....
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

"I'll protect you Hikari! I'll protect you forever, just like on the day we first met...and forever as a Pochama!"

"You cherish the day you met me, and that's why you tried to remain a Pochama, but I...I'm sorry Pochama, for not understanding your feelings. Pochama, from now on, you'll remain a Pochama forever'.

Forgive me for exposing my soft side, but I thought that was really quite touching. Super cheesy, but touching all the same!

And regarding how, exactly, the Everstone works, Nurse Joy basically says that Hikari just has to keep it around in order for it's effects to take place. So long as she has it, Pochama won't have to Bide away any evolution auras. So no throwing it at Pochama, or tucking it under it's cape or injecting Everstone chunks into it's veins.

I kind of wanted Piplup to evolve, but it is cool. I liked the part that showed Jun's Empoleon, Kenny's Prinplup, and Dawn's Piplup. Imagine if Piplup evolved before that, there would be twins.....Also, if Piplup would have then there won't be three trainers from Twin Leaf with the Piplup with each evolution.(not like it matters, but that is coincidental)
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

So, watching the sub.

Seems Kenny and Jun WEREN'T childhood friends. Kenny remarks that the two of them just met. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    So, watching the sub.

Seems Kenny and Jun WEREN'T childhood friends. Kenny remarks that the two of them just met. :P
    Wow, I wonder why the Japanese-speaking fans didn't mention that while we all assumed the wrong stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    And regarding how, exactly, the Everstone works, Nurse Joy basically says that Hikari just has to keep it around in order for it's effects to take place. So long as she has it, Pochama won't have to Bide away any evolution auras. So no throwing it at Pochama, or tucking it under it's cape or injecting Everstone chunks into it's veins.
    Wait a second. Wouldn't that mean no Pokemon in range of the Everstone can evolve?

I doubt it.

I think we're just meant to accept it only affects Piplup.

So, watching the sub.

Now everything makes sense, thanks. Kenny could have been friend of Jun age-wise, but they didn't seem to be all like "Hi long time no see old pal".

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Evolution! This Time for Piplup!?

Meeting up with their friends Kenny & Barry, Dawn gets into some training. However, in the process of it, Piplup starts to show signs of evolution. Unwilling to evolve due to what happened with Mamoswine, it tries to hold on. Team Rocket soon intervene and kidnap Piplup. Will Dawn manage to get Piplup back and will Piplup evolve?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    I must say I'm surprised that Piplup doesn't want to evolve.

well, if piplup doesnt want to evolve now,
    i doubt it EVER will.

unless it goes up against a caterpie and loses....
    then it might feel pathetic enough to evolve ;p
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

God, this little Tux wannabe is yet another reason for me to not watch the anime.
    Star Wars fan? Check this out!
        Spoiler:- Rant:

Ok, I do like grammar... but not enough to put others down for it. Sorry if my German sucks.

If you think Dawn is a sl-t, don't copy and paste THIS into your sig. (started by yours truly) jk

Quote Originally Posted by ThePok&#233;man09 View Post
    God, this little Tux wannabe is yet another reason for me to not watch the anime.
    well then, y'know, you could not watch the anime and save everyone alot of complaining =]

On topic: I don't mind that piplup isn't evolving. I do like piplup, no matter how much he's trying to be pikachu in every way possible. So y'know, I'm one of the few people who is happy about this.

EDIT: Y'know it's funny, You look back at the episode discussion of the first episode and everyone is talking about how much they love piplup to death and how cute it is and all that "OMG KAWAII" stuff. But now it seems like 95&#37; of the fandom wants it's cute little penguin head on a platter.
    Last edited by RageKaiser; 7th May 2009 at 8:16 AM.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

As much as I want it too, I don't think Piplup will evolve. Despite the fact that Torchic did, Piplup won't
    I just think that it won't go good together (Dawn and a prinplup) I mean. If Kenny's Prinplup ever evovles then there is a small chance that Dawn's Piplup will. But remember that Piplup has an everstone, or did I miss something. If Piplup ever did evolve I think it would happen with a battle against Kenny's Prinplup.
    With all due respect- Wčëzing♂

i dunno, i think maybe it will evolve but not until the battle frontier arc or the (zomg!) walk through johto again arc, which could be the battle frontier arc for sinnoh ... and like haruka/may we wont see empleon until her finale.

~side note: i thinkc torchic evolved becuase i dont think the writters were sure how to write it doing things since it couldnt fly and had no hands. thusly combusken was easier tow rite for IMO. piplup has no limitations, and thus far has no reason to evolve as of yet. since sinnoh doesnt have many water territories, it doesnt have much need to. however i foresee maybe piplup evolving during a possible arc at the whirl islands for another whirl cup, since they redid the poke ringer thing.~
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Soul Silver FC: 5328 3631 1592
    Diamond FC: 4382 8150 0519

So, watching the sub.

You watched the sub version *ugh* I've been looking for a subbed episode of DP122 everywhere but can't find it :/ Where'd you find the subbed episode?????

Back to topic: I loved this episode sooo much!! So Pochama didn't wanna evolve because of what happened to Mamuu? Does this mean it wont evolve in the future? I hope so (and by the looks of things, it'll stay a Pochama! ya) I loved the whole episode, and the end where Hikari lifted Pochama up was SUPER kawaii :3 Gosh, I love those 2.
    Last edited by ~HikariSatoshi~; 18th May 2009 at 9:08 PM.
    PearlShipping

~Hikari~ Diajobu!
    I will always be by your side...
    My proud Pokétch shines in a pink light .
    I'm always looking for what's in front of me
    I'll become stronger, by your side...
    When I say "Do your best."
    I want to tell you "No need to worry"
    All my dreams and all my feelings
    I hold them close to my heart as I continue my journey

Ok I'm beginning to like the games more then the anime because of this i-can't-allow-you-to-evolve-your-pokemon. I really hate team rocket for stealing there why don't they just steal a retirement from stealing and allow Ash and his gang to have less danger to worry about.

either let piplup evolve or let it stay in the damn pokeball! im tired of the thing being out all the time! i also hate it trying to be a showoff all the time! *sighs*
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

The only reason it didn't want to evolve because it thought it would be like Mamoswine......That's weird because Piplup has known dawn since the beginning and although it would change on the outside, it would still love dawn and respect her. Ah well. At least the Piplup cycle still stands with two people who dawn knew live in Twin Leaf Town. (Irony)
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

This does also back up the arguements about Piplup being a new mascot pokemon. I have noticed that Dawn almost never returns Piplup to its pokeball. She really only does so in contests so she can show off the effects of the seals. Normally Piplup just lays on top of her head.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I really hope it evolves because I hate it it is so annoying!

But it probaly won't.

It might if Kenny's Prinplup evolves, but I doubt it.
    Top 5 Favorite Pokemon

5.Latias
    4.Glaceon
    3.Ho-Oh
    2.Infernape
    1.CHIMCHAR!

Yawn who cares about piplup...
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    *sigh*

Yet another Pok&#233;mon that won't evolve. I'm getting really tired of this. One more reason to hate Piplup.
    See this is why Piplups like a wanna be mascot. It gets its own episode for it, its own ending theme, wont evolve, and wont stay in its pokeball.Why oh why... Cant stand the penguin and hate it. A whole episode about it ........and then it doesnt evolve and beats TR easily like it got stronger somehow......arg. But I loved how they showed the trainers with the evolved forms and a piplup before everyone got mad that it wasnt going to evolve.
    Main thing I hated is that Dawn picked it up with backround and all going "your my special pokemon you're my piplup!" .......agr.....

I liked how they showed Kenny FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLY and barry I seem to like more and more. I wanna see how they do in ping pong in the english version, I already watched a japanese dub. This might sound random but, I'd love to see empoleon with a ping pong pattle (thing you hold forgot the name) and wobble walking to hit the ball. That'd be cute for some reason.
    Last edited by Darkxninga; 3rd September 2009 at 2:30 AM.
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast