Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stopped in the Name of Love (590)

Not impressed by the stupid penguin. Whining like a btch... I hate it.
    The episode was only good for the impressive shadow TR's mecha made. Also, Jun's comment of TR being the Missile Team or something. That was good.

Surely now Dawn is carrying around that Everstone, doesn't that mean that Buneary won't be able to evolve too?
    Last edited by Anyone 4 Buttons?; 27th July 2009 at 4:04 PM.

Do the Robot!

I never thought of that...........
    Last edited by Chimcharrulez97; 15th August 2009 at 6:32 PM.
    Top 5 Favorite Pokemon

5.Latias
    4.Glaceon
    3.Ho-Oh
    2.Infernape
    1.CHIMCHAR!

I've not seen this episode yet but I'm guessing that an Everstone would work the same way as evolution stones in the anime. In the games, you can only hold it but maybe the Everstone's power would be absorbed into Piplup like an evolution stone so it would then vanish and Piplup would stay Piplup. Forgive me if I'm wrong as I haven't yet seen this so I don't know how the Evertsone worked in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    I've not seen this episode yet but I'm guessing that an Everstone would work the same way as evolution stones in the anime. In the games, you can only hold it but maybe the Everstone's power would be absorbed into Piplup like an evolution stone so it would then vanish and Piplup would stay Piplup. Forgive me if I'm wrong as I haven't yet seen this so I don't know how the Evertsone worked in the anime.
    Um, I haven't seen this either but, I was more thinking that Dawn keeps the everstone in her backpack and the energy emitted from the everstone keeps Piplup from evolving. That's just my idea.
    Top 5 Favorite Pokemon

5.Latias
    4.Glaceon
    3.Ho-Oh
    2.Infernape
    1.CHIMCHAR!

Oh god, why did it not evolve? i mean people loved Torchic and it evolve and than the combusion issue began.

I think Pilpup won't evolve because of its huge fanbase in Japan, us people outside of Japan say, "Evolve Pilpup already. we are getting sick of tried of getting its own ending, staying out of its pokemon and becomeing a new mascot and replacing pikachu and his Ketchup!"

But soon the kids in Japan will grow up and saw enough is enough, evolve Pilpup already. but if Pilpup doesn't evolve by Johto Bf then im just sticking to my fanfics and the game.

Piplup is becoming more and more of a Pikachu clone to Hikari/Dawn. I don't know if this means that Piplup's going to stay Piplup forever or not. Unless something happens to that Everstone, we'll be seeing Piplup for the entire D/P seasons to come. This episode just screamed a combination of Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden and many epsiodes of Pikachu's evolution refusals. Not to mention it also shown the Ariados encounter from episode 1 of Diamond and Pearl, but yet another version of this encounter recently happened again. This was an alright episode, but very obvious in saying that Piplup is gonna stay as Piplup, like another Pikachu. Like I said before, we won't be seeing it as Prinplup or Empoleon unless something happens to that Everstone.

When I saw the title of the episode, I was worried that this will destroy Piplup's chance to be in the next SSB game if it's in the same popularity as Pikachu and Jigglypuff. But then after seeing the episode, I was relieved. The everstone Dawn was given reminds me of myself using the everstone on Piplup on my Platinum until I was forced to evolve it if I ever want to enter a pokemon tournament, and I'm still butt hurt about my choice today. The episode seemed like a rehash of the episode from season 1 when Bulbasaur resists evolving.

yayz!piplup didnt evolve. i dont know about others but im happy about it!!
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

It was a very good episode to watch. Kind of nice to see Piplup and Dawn's moment from the first episode to appear once more. I was pretty glad Piplup didn't, and won't, evolve. He's a good Pokemon for Dawn.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I found this to be an okay episode for what it was. Over the course of the anime, they haven't really done too many episodes where a Pokemon doesn't want to evolve, at least not compare to other episodes. However, this is probably my least favorite of the evolution-refusal episodes.

While I did like the idea of using Bide to prevent evolution, I felt that it did get redundant, especially the last time. I mean,Piplup was able to recover quick enough to blast Team Rocket off, even though earlier it had collapsed after using Bide. As well, it had not long before countered a bunch of Hyper Beams from Ariados. You would expect it to be somewhat tired.

It was cool to have both Barry and Kenny there. Barry also provides amusement (I liked the part where he and Empoleon were pushing the other guys through the hallway). However, I think that they could've been utilized much more in trying to convince Piplup. I was waiting for a scene where Barry was going to fine Piplup if he didn't evolve.

Overall, it was a fine episode, but it wasn't nearly as good as I felt that it could've been.

Now being reposted!

Good episode I liked it alot though I'm sure the piplup haters have nothin but hate for it :P

Good for piplup wanting to be what it wants to be :P

Team Rocket actually had a decent plan for sending the bolts to prinplup and empoleon.. course they had there achille's heal :P.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

i liked this episode and i have to disagree whit people this episode did not felt like Burbasur Garden.

and the anime finally introduced the ever stone

the part that i did not like was the part wend piplup was enduring all those hyper beams for bide.
    Last edited by Linkdarkside; 29th August 2009 at 4:46 PM.

-I love the new opening pictures. J and Regigigas FTW.
    -Piplup was adorable here. I know tons of people hate that thing, but I'm actually rather fond of it... Glad it got tons of development.
    -Barry shoving everyone through the hallways with Empoleon=win.
    -I loved the music they played when they were fighting TR! Ash's Sinnoh theme is win. x3
    -And..*sigh* ping-pong mention makes me sad since I know what's coming.

All in all, I really enjoyed this episode!

I claimed Skarmory!

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Aw this episode made me love Hikari more. Her and Pochami are so adoreeelicioius! :>
    I loved how the made the Ariados scene from the first D/P episode.

And Hikari was just so sweet, ehehe.
    I feel bad for all my hate on her and Pochama (well ..i should say Piplup) back ages ago.

AND JUN.
    : D i love him too. I got mad when I saw Kengo though. THAT DORK. D:

sorry i'm jumpin' on some caffeine right now.
    But yeah. nice episode. I don't want Pochama to evolve ever. I don't like those beasty penguins it changes into. I never let mine evolve ..NEVER.
    aha

I hate dawns piplup so much I love every other one but dawns It has to be a stupid pikachu clone I cant wait until sinnoh Is over so we wont see stupid dawn and piplup anymore overall this episode was okay .

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons? View Post
    Not impressed by the stupid penguin. Whining like a btch... I hate it.
    The episode was only good for the impressive shadow TR's mecha made. Also, Jun's comment of TR being the Missile Team or something. That was good.

Surely now Dawn is carrying around that Everstone, doesn't that mean that Buneary won't be able to evolve too?
    Buneary won't evolve. They've been to 7 gyms and it hasn't. It must hate Dawn.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

It was OK... Barry bumping into Ash was funny =D! Kenny appearing is, imo, a good thing. I still dislike his voice, though. >_> And... I loved the part with Barry calling Team Rocket 'Team Missile'. The Team Rocket mecha was pretty... weird. Overall, it was alright. Dawn's sounded a little high-pitched to me. D=

BACK

Wow...the dub totally screwed this one up. The real reason Piplup doesn't want to evolve is because of Dawn's problems with Mamoswine. I can't wait to see what happens should Piplup ever evolve.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I didn't like the episode when it first aired in Japan and the dub just made me hate it even more. Just the way that the writers turn Dawn's Piplup into a Pikachu clone right down to it not wanting to evolve. Makes me surprised they don't have TR think it's a special Piplup and have it take down a legendary for the transformation to be complete, but back to topic. If it weren't for the fact that Piplup is constantly shoved into our faces with it always being out of it's pokeball and thinking it's the best thing since sliced cheese, maybe I wouldn't mind it taking the Bulbasaur route but since that's not the case, it just means we have to put up with that annoying shrill that is Piplup's dub voice. I like its sub voice but even that's not enough to counter how annoying the thing is.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

I personally liked Piplup, but it should of evolved.

0/10

And that Nurse Joy should mind her own business. She should of handed Piplup a Lucky Egg instead, so it could gain more Exp. Points and evolve more frequently .>:3

Platinum Friend Code - 0733 5320 9545 <- Use this unless said not to

We breed pokemon for YOU and we can help you get your dream pokemon. (As long as it is not shiny xP)

This episode was an ok filler. Not much I had to say about this one except that Dawn seemed a lot like my sister in the way that she never wanted her pokemon to evolve.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

It's great to see Kenny/Kengo and Barry/Jun again. It has been quite some time since we last seen them. Is it just me or is Kenny's voice raspier each time he debuts or am I just not remembering his voice that well? Aside from voices, the momentum in today's show was quite a happy one. I don't know why I smiled at the end when Dawn realized what Piplup really wanted and they would be the best partners ever.

Okay... Kenny's voice. Is it me, or did he sound like a slightly raspier Zoey today? His voice was horrible today, totally off and it made me wince when he spoke.

I loved Barry practically forcing everyone into practicing for the PingPong tournament. *sighs in despair over what will happen after said tournament.* Actually, Barry is pretty awesome all the time. Ash's hat falling perfectly onto his head after being knocked off by Barry's BODY SLAM was too funny.

However, the real reason I came here today was to say: This episodes music, in the dub, was awesome. I don't know if it's original music or not, but the cue from the scene where everyone else shows up to fight TR and their Prinpipoleon bot, as well as the cue from Dawns heart to heart with Piplup in the Whirlpool rain shower, were an awesome example of scoring. Both were tunes I hadn't heard before in the dub, which leads me to believe they may have been Japanese audio. Hooray! Good music finally shows up in the dub!

<.< What? I read Dogasu's comparisons a lot. >.>
    In place of the legends,
    This nightmare ends!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuu-Anima View Post
    Okay... Kenny's voice. Is it me, or did he sound like a slightly raspier Zoey today? His voice was horrible today, totally off and it made me wince when he spoke.
    I couldn't agree more. Rather horrible indeed.

Anyway....this was a pretty good ep, it was awesome seeing Barry again, lol he cracks me up every time. UGH I CANT STAND PIPLUP!!! We all knew how this episode was going to turn out, but I hate the fact that it will be Dawn & PIPLUP forever. Sigh. With the same old annoying attitude, same old repetitive moves, it really makes me hate the stupid baby penguin.
    “Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.”

Quote Originally Posted by ~AussieWonder~ View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Rather horrible indeed.

Anyway....this was a pretty good ep, it was awesome seeing Barry again, lol he cracks me up every time. UGH I CANT STAND PIPLUP!!! We all knew how this episode was going to turn out, but I hate the fact that it will be Dawn & PIPLUP forever. Sigh. With the same old annoying attitude, same old repetitive moves, it really makes me hate the stupid baby penguin.
    Ah, so it wasn't just me that Kenny sounds weird. I wonder if the actress herself is nasally or something? Barry just shoving the boys in the halls sort of reminds me of something similar I did in the past.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast