Thread: Pokerus and EV training same thing?

Default Pokerus and EV training same thing?

ok so I've never been really into the technical aspects of pokemon but I recently started researching into EV training and how that raises the stats your pokemon receives every level. well I recently got pokerus on my game and that is supposed to raise the stats too. My question is could someone explain to me why everyone doesn't just get pokerus and train on any wild pokemon. Or is EV training different to the effect of pokerus?

Very confused :S

Quote Originally Posted by That_Damn_Gypsy View Post
    ok so I've never been really into the technical aspects of pokemon but I recently started researching into EV training and how that raises the stats your pokemon receives every level. well I recently got pokerus on my game and that is supposed to raise the stats too. My question is could someone explain to me why everyone doesn't just get pokerus and train on any wild pokemon. Or is EV training different to the effect of pokerus?

Very confused :S
    Pokerus helps with ev training, as you get twice the evs you would from a pokemon.

However, the reason everybody doesn't just use it is because its quite rare. About twice as rare as shinies. And unlike shinies, there's no easier method like masuda. I've lent out a infected poke to people who have a box of legit shinies.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-4470 5123 1977

There are many FAQs that explain stuff like this.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831