Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

Quote Originally Posted by dude2.0 View Post
    do you get ev's by fighting someone on wi fi?
    You dont get EXP.Points by battling on wifi, so you dont get EVs either.

Pokemon Y Friend Code 4356-0012-3407
    Poison Safari: Toxicroak, Ariados, Cascoon

Currently looking for a female HA non-US Murkrow
    preferably with 5IVs and in a Heal Ball or Luxury Ball

PM me if you have one! ♡

I'm going to start building up a team soon but first I have a noob question

Charizard@Salac Berry
    Naive Nature
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

~ Belly Drum
    ~ Fire Punch
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Substitute / Endure

What does the 4 defense mean? How does that work out? or if it was 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe what would the 36 mean? How do they work out? I'm not understanding that part
    Edit/Delete Message

One small thing, don't use this thread to request for EV spreads. There is the Competitive Rate My Team and the In Game Team Rate forums for that.

Post here about problems, questions about EVs and suggestions for first page please ;D

EDIT:
    as for above poster, everything has an explanation.

if you invested 255 EVs in Special attack and Speed, you'd get the exatcly same Special attack and Speed as 252 EVs in each stat, this is the first reason that there is a leftover 4 EVs there. This single point on Defense stat is simply for the reason that "which would you rather, a Charizard with 160 Def or a Charizard with 161 Def?" This single point can save you many things and it's obviously better than just putting 255 EVs in two stats you'll use.

the other EV spread is very porbably that the Pokémon has reached the minium speed necessary for it to outspeed what it has to. if the 36 EVs were placed in Speed, they'd be meaningless, so pumping it on attack to power it up a little.
    Last edited by Volteon; 13th April 2009 at 6:36 PM.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

alright, thanks a lot ^ ^

alright, im in need of enlightenment. Im completely aware how the EV system works. 4 EVs = 1 respective stat point and all that. My question is, ive been training my machamp on iron island with all the gravelers, steelixs, etc. To my understanding gravelers and steelixs give you 2 EVs towards defense. When I entered the cave my defense was 89. Ive battling more than 2 gravelers, which would be theoretically more than 4EVs which would raise my defense stat. My defense remains at 89. What am i missing. Does your pokemon actually have to level up in order for the EVs to be added to your stats? because my defense is not going up. I apologize in advance if i read over this, i just read and took in alot

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0ww View Post
    alright, im in need of enlightenment. Im completely aware how the EV system works. 4 EVs = 1 respective stat point and all that. My question is, ive been training my machamp on iron island with all the gravelers, steelixs, etc. To my understanding gravelers and steelixs give you 2 EVs towards defense. When I entered the cave my defense was 89. Ive battling more than 2 gravelers, which would be theoretically more than 4EVs which would raise my defense stat. My defense remains at 89. What am i missing. Does your pokemon actually have to level up in order for the EVs to be added to your stats? because my defense is not going up. I apologize in advance if i read over this, i just read and took in alot
    For EVs to take effect, the Pokemon has to level up. For example, a Pokemon you level up with only Rare Candies to lv. 100 cant be EV trained, because it cant level up anymore.

Pokemon Y Friend Code 4356-0012-3407
    Poison Safari: Toxicroak, Ariados, Cascoon

Currently looking for a female HA non-US Murkrow
    preferably with 5IVs and in a Heal Ball or Luxury Ball

PM me if you have one! ♡

Quote Originally Posted by FireHead Hank View Post
    For EVs to take effect, the Pokemon has to level up. For example, a Pokemon you level up with only Rare Candies to lv. 100 cant be EV trained, because it cant level up anymore.
    cool thanks, understood

I think this is kind of a silly question and I probably already know the answer. But when you get a traded pokemon is it normal for it to say XXXX gained a boosted amount of exp

If XXXX stands for the pokémon's name, then it's normal.

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^ Click to go to my face-off. ^
    (Made by Sinnohdragon)

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    Where: Route 214
    Who: Beauty Devon
    Pokémon and levels: Wormadam x3 (Different Cloaks) (2 EVs each). Levels 24
    Total EVs: 6
    Notes: The only girl with the Wormadam in DP that everyone was looking for now has three of them, and is undoubtedly a godsend for those training for Special Defense.
    Take note that each wormadam gives different evs. the plant cloak wormadam does indeed gives 2 evs in sp def, however the sandy cloak wormadam presumably gives 2 evs in def and the trash cloak wormadam presumably gives 1 ev in each defense due to its equal base defense stats. I noticed this while ev training my umbreon (holding power band, increases sp def) that had 0 evs in defense. After fighting this lady once, i used a qualot berry (decreases def evs) and its defense fell. Be very cautious when fighting her if you are ev training in sp def.
    Last edited by AuraWingz; 19th April 2009 at 11:39 AM.
    FC : 0904 0171 1124

If I am using the EXP. share method to train a Pokemon, by fighting with an already fully EV trained Pokmeon, will the Pokemon that has the EXP. share get EV's?
    Last edited by 1ee7leader; 22nd April 2009 at 12:23 PM.

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Quote Originally Posted by MokKish View Post
    Yeah, the only strategy he's(Ash) ever had is "damn, all my other pokemon have been defeated, luckily I still have... PIKACHU!" and then he magically pwns everyone..
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 1ee7leader View Post
    If I am using the EXP. share method to train a Pokemon, by fighting with an already fully EV trained Pokmeon, will with the Pokemon that has the EXP. share get EV's?
    Yes.

Anything that gains EXP from a Pokemon will also get the EVs, regardless of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Yes.

Anything that gains EXP from a Pokemon will also get the EVs, regardless of the situation.
    So if it was LVL 100,there would be no EV's gained?(for the pokemon that has EXP. share).

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste

Yeah, the only strategy he's(Ash) ever had is "damn, all my other pokemon have been defeated, luckily I still have... PIKACHU!" and then he magically pwns everyone..
    LOL

There would be EV's gained if the pokemon actually had room for EV's to be gained. For example, if it was 100% not EVed, then it would still gain the EV's, but they wouldn't matter anyway, since it would be at level 100.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowking[George] View Post
    There would be EV's gained if the pokemon actually had room for EV's to be gained. For example, if it was 100&#37; not EVed, then it would still gain the EV's, but they wouldn't matter anyway, since it would be at level 100.
    OK. Thanks.

Also, I did a calculation on how many Pokemon I have to fight WITH a Power Item, and the answer came to 10.8...what do I do?
    Last edited by 1ee7leader; 22nd April 2009 at 4:07 PM.

LOL

fight 10, remove the power item and finish off getting the ev points
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowking[George] View Post
    There would be EV's gained if the pokemon actually had room for EV's to be gained. For example, if it was 100% not EVed, then it would still gain the EV's, but they wouldn't matter anyway, since it would be at level 100.
    i have a question about this.
    for example i has level 100 abra.
    it has 255 evs in speed.
    if i'm using the berry, and then i'm fightning against pokes who gives speed EVs- will he get the EVs?

i speed ev train + power anklet on my cubone, battling magikarps, when i leveled up, i got +12 on speed. Is that normal? aint it supposed to rack up at lvl 100?

any questions?

It gradually happens at any level. You'll just see the full effects at level 100, since there's no reduction.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

Default EV's dispute

Hey, i was on Smogon and looking at the teams for certain pokes. I was wondering why they only had like say 100 EV's for something and 252 in another. why is it that they put only 4 in one and 252 in another? why not just 255 in all?

Thx, Kyora

Quote Originally Posted by kyora View Post
    Hey, i was on Smogon and looking at the teams for certain pokes. I was wondering why they only had like say 100 EV's for something and 252 in another. why is it that they put only 4 in one and 252 in another? why not just 255 in all?

Thx, Kyora
    252 is as many as that can be effectively put in one stat, and there's a 510 EV limit.

Default is this right?

sorry if this is in the wrong place, if it is can a mod move it to the right place.

i am ev training my heracross in speed. he has pokerus and the right item to add 4 ev to speed and i gave him 10 of the right vitamin.

i only want to give him 160 ev in speed so with the 10 vitamin i just need 60ev so i defeat 6 magicarps i then go up a level and get +5 in speed.

is that all i should have got or should i have got more?

i also gave him 96 ev in hp when fighting shelloswith the right item to add 4 to hp and i got +8. should i have got that amount?

heracross is level 20 btw

thats fine, not all the EV's are applied straight away, they are spread out over all the levels upto lv100
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

thanks
    just to check if they went up any more i leveled my heracross upto level 100 using rare candies (i didnt save it) but every level it went up it only added +2-3 in speed so did it actually work?

ok i have a chancy lvl 26 *nver batteled* how do you suggest i get the 714 hp monster it evolves into with max defence* and the other 4 evs into sp defence?

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast