Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

"If I tried to further EV train the special attack statistic after gaining 252 EVs, the EVs would be wasted and would have no effect."
    Does this mean that all 252 EVs that you previously gained are not going to affect the pokemon any more and all the training was a waist of time? Or do you mean that the EVs have been maxed out and can't receive more?

Quote Originally Posted by squimps View Post
    "If I tried to further EV train the special attack statistic after gaining 252 EVs, the EVs would be wasted and would have no effect."
    Does this mean that all 252 EVs that you previously gained are not going to affect the pokemon any more and all the training was a waist of time? Or do you mean that the EVs have been maxed out and can't receive more?
    The second one you said was correct. Seeing 252 EV's is the max and the closest number divisible by 4 is 252, you would not gain any more stat points from going over.

Balance.Power.Destruction
    (credit to Skiyomi for awsome images)

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Well, yesterday I trained my glaceon to lvl 90, reduced all his EV's with those special berries, wich mean it has 0 EV's,right?.. Then, I went the the old chateau to train EV my Glaceons Sp. Attack, and when it was at 252 (I used the counter app, and yes I used Macho Brace, and no I didn't count wrong) I gave her a rare candy... she went up to lvl 91 and only gained 43 Sp. Attack points o.0 but I've battled 126 gashtly with macho brace, that means that the EV points must be 252, but why didn't I get 63 points instead of 43?! Later when EV trainning her speed, the same thing happened... She only gained 39 Speed points when she leveld up ?! how is this possible?
    I don't play Platinum anymore and now my WiFi is not working.
    I'm going to get new WiFi with the release of the Europian HG and SS.
    Proud owner of 4 Eigakan Arceus

My claims:
    Pokemon: Arceus (ground)
    Song: Was It Me, The Exploited

Credit for the Banner goes to Skiyomi

I own the Yu-Gi-Oh! fan club, come and join us ~

Quote Originally Posted by Vaporeon4evr View Post
    Stupid hormones. Stupid boobs. Stupid hot girls.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient pray View Post
    Well, yesterday I trained my glaceon to lvl 90, reduced all his EV's with those special berries, wich mean it has 0 EV's,right?.. Then, I went the the old chateau to train EV my Glaceons Sp. Attack, and when it was at 252 (I used the counter app, and yes I used Macho Brace, and no I didn't count wrong) I gave her a rare candy... she went up to lvl 91 and only gained 43 Sp. Attack points o.0 but I've battled 126 gashtly with macho brace, that means that the EV points must be 252, but why didn't I get 63 points instead of 43?! Later when EV trainning her speed, the same thing happened... She only gained 39 Speed points when she leveld up ?! how is this possible?
    There's a FAQ for a reason.

Question 1: I EV trained and got 252 EV’s in Attack but the next level up it only went up +3. WHY?
    Answer: This is a common question; the reason is EV’s are spread throughout the levels so you won’t see and immediate gain in one level up.

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^ Click to go to my face-off. ^
    (Made by Sinnohdragon)

Can someone give me an explanation about the IV's? Cuz I don't understand the slightest thing about 'em..
    <- Click 'em!

Platinum-team:
    Stardom (Omanyte)
    Noctowl
    Scribso (Anorith)
    Linoone
    Ralts
    Drimbo (Drifloon)

Check:
    YouTube
    Facebook
    Twitter
    I'm Back (mp3)

For every IV your pok&#233;mon has he gains one point in a stat(1 attack IV mean one point in attack) at lv. 100. They are, just as EVs, added gradually.

Let’s say we’ve got two identical Pok&#233;mon. One with 31 IVs in Speed and one with 0 IVs in Speed. The one with 31 IVs will have 31 points more in HP than the one with 0 IVs.

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^-- Slight typo in the example. First the stat was Speed and then HP.

Still I don't get it.. how you gonna find out if it's IV's are 31? when the pkmn is at level 1
    <- Click 'em!

Platinum-team:
    Stardom (Omanyte)
    Noctowl
    Scribso (Anorith)
    Linoone
    Ralts
    Drimbo (Drifloon)

Check:
    YouTube
    Facebook
    Twitter
    I'm Back (mp3)

I have a question about Pokerus. If the pokemon HAD pokerus and is now pokerus free(so it has the little smiley face next to it)...do you still get the effects of it?
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I have a question about Pokerus. If the pokemon HAD pokerus and is now pokerus free(so it has the little smiley face next to it)...do you still get the effects of it?
    Yes you do. If a Pokemon is affected, it will always be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bizzle
    Still I don't get it.. how you gonna find out if it's IV's are 31? when the pkmn is at level 1
    You could do an IV battle...or level it up and use EV reducing berries to get it to where it has no EV's.

I don't recall any other method's.

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

So there's no other way to find out if your pkmn's IV's are perfect when you're breeding?
    <- Click 'em!

Platinum-team:
    Stardom (Omanyte)
    Noctowl
    Scribso (Anorith)
    Linoone
    Ralts
    Drimbo (Drifloon)

Check:
    YouTube
    Facebook
    Twitter
    I'm Back (mp3)

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bizzle View Post
    So there's no other way to find out if your pkmn's IV's are perfect when you're breeding?
    Not when it's at Lv. 1, not that I know of. Yeah it's kinda stupid. You could ask the Guy in the battle tower in Platinum, he'll give you a rough overview, then you can look at the Pokemon's characteristic to see if what he said and that match. But that's not excact.

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bizzle View Post
    Not so, but I use a handy trick. When breeding, you will always get Pokés you can always automatically class as rejects and remove them. I'll get a box of 30 eggs and hatch them; then, release all the ones with wrong natures, abilities or genders etc. Then, you can compare whats left. If you want a high Sp.Atk stat, for example, you can also remove those that have "5" and not "6" in the stat, for example. You'll probably have about 10 Pokés left. It doesn't take long to put them all in the Daycare and level them up a bit. If you hang about route 209, by the time it takes the song to loop again most Pokés are level twelve and you'll get a fairly accurate IV reading reasonably quickly by using a calculator. Level 5/6 is also okay for an early average. This is a quick way of getting a better reading without messing it up by adding EVs.

But when breeding, it's very handy if you can spot "rejects" and compare with the better ones at level one and just check whats left.
    Over yonder horizon lies a region left dormant for 10 years...the region of Johto! Be prepared to brave the wave of nostalgic destruction as hoards of trainers are let loose on that sacred soil! Image hand drawn/coloured by me, Jacktoon.
    [IMG]http://i31.*******.com/291pdt5.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/2ywbkoo.jpg[/IMG]
    CLAIMED: Poliwhirl, my absolutest favouritest.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Noob View Post
    Not so, but I use a handy trick. When breeding, you will always get Pokés you can always automatically class as rejects and remove them. I'll get a box of 30 eggs and hatch them; then, release all the ones with wrong natures, abilities or genders etc. Then, you can compare whats left. If you want a high Sp.Atk stat, for example, you can also remove those that have "5" and not "6" in the stat, for example. You'll probably have about 10 Pokés left. It doesn't take long to put them all in the Daycare and level them up a bit. If you hang about route 209, by the time it takes the song to loop again most Pokés are level twelve and you'll get a fairly accurate IV reading reasonably quickly by using a calculator. Level 5/6 is also okay for an early average. This is a quick way of getting a better reading without messing it up by adding EVs.

But when breeding, it's very handy if you can spot "rejects" and compare with the better ones at level one and just check whats left.
    Good points, And very detailed.

Yeah but 2Bizzle, there pretty much is no way to tell what the IV's of a Pokemon are at Lv.1, so just do what Captain Noob said and that should be very good.

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

If i give a pokemon to be EV trained exp share and it has pokerus. it gets 2 points right?

that is if it were battling a 1 stat pokemon.
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    If i give a pokemon to be EV trained exp share and it has pokerus. it gets 2 points right?

that is if it were battling a 1 stat pokemon.
    Yes, it does.

1337pie and 1337karp by BynineB
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksteelix900 (In thread "What does the bottom half of Diglett/Dugtrio look like?") View Post
    probably a laod of darkrai clinging on followed by millions of steelix and sceptiles and richus AND BATTLE TOWERS AND GROUDONS AND WAILORDS AND SKITTYS (LOL) AND AND ANND!!!!! a wooper

eh iv got no arms
    well ican use ice punch O_o

Weird brown spinning thing made by this guy

Spoiler:- oh no:
    I claimed Magikarp in the Official Claim a Pokémon Thread (but it's the old thread so I suck)

I think I miscounted a bit when I trained my Smoochum...So, I think it's about 125 EV's in Sp.Atk, but I'm not sure...Is it enough with giving her one Hondew Berry so the EV's only drop down to 100, or do I have to start all over? (With giving her 11 Hondews)

Quote Originally Posted by andyhaj View Post
    I think I miscounted a bit when I trained my Smoochum...So, I think it's about 125 EV's in Sp.Atk, but I'm not sure...Is it enough with giving her one Hondew Berry so the EV's only drop down to 100, or do I have to start all over? (With giving her 11 Hondews)
    If you think it's around 125, then one Hondew and starting from there would drastically cut your time, but if your not sure, then I suggest using 11 berries to make it go down to 0. It's your choice.

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Quote Originally Posted by Kyogre35 View Post
    If you think it's around 125, then one Hondew and starting from there would drastically cut your time, but if your not sure, then I suggest using 11 berries to make it go down to 0. It's your choice.
    I know it's over 120...So then I'll just use 1 Hondew berry?

Thanks...It saves a lot of my time...

Another question...
    How does the Power Lens reduse Speed?
    Last edited by andyhaj; 11th July 2009 at 11:53 PM.

I know it's over 120...So then I'll just use 1 Hondew berry?

Thanks...It saves a lot of my time...
    Your Welcome, yeah If you know it's over 100 then just use the berry.

Quote Originally Posted by andyhaj
    Another question...
    How does the Power Lens reduse Speed?
    By half, ONLY when the Pokemon is holding it.

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

Quote Originally Posted by Kyogre35
    By half, ONLY when the Pokemon is holding it.
    Not right what I meant...Is it in a battle?

If i beat a Bibarel and I have pkrs and a Macho brace would I get 8 att evs?

Diamond FC: 2578-8698-9036 Name: Gaige
    Platinum FC: 0302-7939-8092 Name: Gaige

Not right what I meant...Is it in a battle?
    Yes, in a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Striker G View Post
    If i beat a Bibarel and I have pkrs and a Macho brace would I get 8 att evs?
    Yes, 2 EVs from Bibarel x 2(Macho Brace) = 4 x 2(Pokérus) = 8 Attack EVs.

(Made by Sinnohdragon)

Hey, I need some quick advice... I have an Electivire that's Adamant, (+Attack, -Sp. Attk), it has fairly decent IVs (I think 22) in Attack and 31 in Sp Attk, should I EV in Sp. Attk, even though it has a hindering nature, or should I just focus on Attack?

Sorry, kinda new at this. :/

Ive fully EV trained my Gyarados, but it's still at a low level. If I put it in the Day-Care, would it still gain the EVs as it levels up like it would if I battled with it?

Or is their a easy way to level up that I'm not aware of...

Credit to Darkrukario
    Name: Zachary
    Friend Code: 1117-6699-4758
    Win:0 Lose:0
    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMaster216 View Post
    Me thinks you are jealous. Nariko looks gorgeous! Heck, if I wasn't gay, I would hit that! .

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast