Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

252 HP EV
    252 Def EV
    4 Sp. Def

lol

any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by GerbilGuy View Post
    i have a question about this.
    for example i has level 100 abra.
    it has 255 evs in speed.
    if i'm using the berry, and then i'm fightning against pokes who gives speed EVs- will he get the EVs?
    When a pokemon reaches lv100, it will no longer be able to gain EV's from battles, as it is only applied after you have gained a level.

[ Standard Double Battles ]

Platinum: 3953 8695 8540

Pearl: 3179 2788 6086

Default Regarding EVs in Pearl/Trade into Platinum

I know this is probably posted outside the proper thread, but I couldn't locate it at a glance and I really need some insight into this matter.

So, I recently got the urge to train up a Toxicroak, so I hatched, in Pearl, a suitable Croagunk and have left it in the daycare so it reaches a suitable level for EV training (I like my Pokemon to fight for themselves when EV training). My big question is, if I EV train in Pearl version, get my Croagunk up to say, level 52 after that's done, and trade it into Platinum so it can join the rest of my EV trained party which I'm raising to 100, will it retain the EVs it received after the transition from version to version?

I'd prefer EV training in Pearl because in that version, it'd also be very easy to get Croagunk to level 52 after the EVs are full through Elite 4 runs. I just don't want to waste my time doing this in Pearl if the EVs are gonna get screwed up from Pearl to Platinum.

Default EVs between Pearl and Platinum

I badly need help, I can't continue until I feel safe on this issue.

I have a Croagunk sitting in the daycare, waiting to reach a level suitable for solo EV training. When I actually get it EV trained and to level 52 (which I'll do in my completed Pearl's Elite 4), it's going over to Platinum to complete its training to level 100 with my party of lvl 52 EV trained Pokemon. Now, will every one of my Croagunk's filled EVs be retained when I move him over to Platinum? I don't want to screw up my Croagunk here, as it took me about two days to get an Adamant one.
    Last edited by Master_Meta_Naito; 28th April 2009 at 2:25 AM.

How do you take away EV's?Because I maxed out the Atk and Spe on my Scizor, but I wanted to give it more Hp instead of Spe.

Also, can you Ev train Lv 100's?
    Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile View Post
    Fine I'll fite u all

Default Ev Training?

I dont kno how to EV train a pokemon and want to start with the competetive battling but i dont kno how to ev train them
    i just got gible from sombody that has pokerus cuz i kno that and
    the macho brace helps get these "ev's" but dont kno where to train for
    what ev's and what natures do what

so if u can help me that wud be just great ^_^

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

Read that.It will clear everything up.Plus,this should really go in the help thread.
    2 + 2 = 5. Prove it.

Try Serebii or Bulbapedia for that info^_^

Default Previous Post

I'm pretty sure my question a few posts up isn't mentioned in any guide around, and I really can't go on until I get confirmation from someone who knows what they're talking about. Help? Anyone? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Meta_Naito View Post
    I badly need help, I can't continue until I feel safe on this issue.

I have a Croagunk sitting in the daycare, waiting to reach a level suitable for solo EV training. When I actually get it EV trained and to level 52 (which I'll do in my completed Pearl's Elite 4), it's going over to Platinum to complete its training to level 100 with my party of lvl 52 EV trained Pokemon. Now, will every one of my Croagunk's filled EVs be retained when I move him over to Platinum? I don't want to screw up my Croagunk here, as it took me about two days to get an Adamant one.
    Yes. The only way that EVs can be removed is with the EV-reducing berries; simply trading a Pokemon to another game will have no effect whatsoever on its EVs.

You may have been thinking of Happiness, which unlike EVs, IS affected by trading.
    Sprites obtained here.

Indefinitely inactive due to schoolwork.

Hi. Quick question- my Magmortar is at level 98, and has a bunch of random EVs from battling random trainers and the E4. If I used EV-reducing berries on it, and then battled gastlys and magikarps to get a standard special sweeper spread (without reaching level 99), would I still get the full stat bonuses at level up (i.e. as if it were EV trained at level one and got to level 100? And yes, I have looked at many different FAQs and stuff on EV training, and EVs affect the substantially in the higher levels, but it just would seem weird for my Magmortar to be gaining something like +20 when it reaches level 99.
    I hope I made myself clear.
    EDIT: Thank you Zimii!
    Last edited by tempeststorm34; 29th April 2009 at 8:29 PM.
    Platinum FC: 4253-9714-7904
    My shinies: x1

Quote Originally Posted by tempeststorm34 View Post
    Hi. Quick question- my Magmortar is at level 98, and has a bunch of random EVs from battling random trainers and the E4. If I used EV-reducing berries on it, and then battled gastlys and magikarps to get a standard special sweeper spread (without reaching level 99), would I still get the full stat bonuses at level up (i.e. as if it were EV trained at level one and got to level 100? And yes, I have looked at many different FAQs and stuff on EV training, and EVs affect the substantially in the higher levels, but it just would seem weird for my Magmortar to be gaining something like +20 when it reaches level 99.
    I hope I made myself clear. Thank you!
    Its stats will rise by many points upon reaching level 99.

I was EVing my lv 70 Latios, and after getting its Sp. Atk EVs to 252 its level rised up. It gained +30 Sp. Atk.

EDIT: I'm happy I was helpful. ^_^
    Last edited by Zimiii; 1st May 2009 at 12:39 PM.

Default Okay, I have a question! <3

I'm sorry, I really didn't know where to post this...

I thought there was a thread, but I can't remember where it was...

Anyway, what would be the best natures for these Pokemon?

Meowth
    Mismagius
    Crobat
    Rotom
    Carvanha
    Umbreon

I really wanna raise them. But I'd like to raise the right ones.

Default EV question

alright i think i understand EV pretty well except one thing. once i get the EVs to where i like them do i just start leveling up to 100?

i breed and awesome elekid and have 252 Evs in attack and speed and 4 in hp and now i was wondering if i could give it an xp share and run through the elite four to level it up a bit more.

thanks for any help

Yes, when you have maxed out its EVs, just go nuts and level it up.
    ---->

After 4 weeks and ~3800 SR's
    It finally shined on 23.11.2011 at 7 pm

Yeah i think you're safe to do that if you've used up every EV. But to be sure, go to Sunyshore city and talk to the woman in the market building with the pokemon you've EV'ed in the first slot. If she gives your pokemon an effort ribbon youve used up all it's EV's and then you can level it up fighting whatever you want =D If she doesn't give you one, you still havent used every EV so keep training it on what you want EV's in =D

Hope i helped!
    Pokemon I'm after: Timid Latias, Timid Darkrai
    TMs I need: TM 51 Roost, TM 82 Sleep Talk, TM 86 Grass Knot
    Items i need: PP up, PP max, Master Balls!

- best pokemon ever

I have claimed the mighty Yanmega!

Other claims:
    Song: Fight Like Apes - Something Global
    TV Show: Family Guy
    Movie: South Park:Bigger Longer & Uncut

My in-game name: Jake
    Pearl FC: 2320 9547 8378
    Platinum FC: 3953 8109 4100
    Soul Silver FC: 4684 6746 7178
    White FC: 1721 4414 0158

Red face Just to make sure...

If I battle 255 Bidoofs, my Duskull will have It's max EVs, and 255 more times when to evolves.
    Brawl FC: 1247 3340 8549
    Platunim FC: 2621 8920 9598

o didnt know that about the women. thanks a lot.

Hi, I was EV training my darkrai lv 70 that I received from pkmn ranger with Gastly, I gave him a sp.att anklet+pok&#233;rus so that means 1+4*2, right? So 10 EVs each time I battle a Gastly.
    I battled 26 gastlys (252/10=25,2-26), and when it levelled up it only got +3. Did I do smthg wrong?
    By the way, I got it at lv 50, and it was the first time I had EV trained it... Hope I made myself clear!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Ryter View Post
    Hi, I was EV training my darkrai lv 70 that I received from pkmn ranger with Gastly, I gave him a sp.att anklet+pokérus so that means 1+4*2, right? So 10 EVs each time I battle a Gastly.
    I battled 26 gastlys (252/10=25,2-26), and when it levelled up it only got +3. Did I do smthg wrong?
    By the way, I got it at lv 50, and it was the first time I had EV trained it... Hope I made myself clear!
    How did you train it to level 70? If it battled any pokemon, it gained EVs. Its EVs could already have been full when you started EV-training it.

If it didn't have any EVs when you started EV-training, raise its levels up. It should gain more points to Sp. Atk.

PS. your formula is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Ryter View Post
    Hi, I was EV training my darkrai lv 70 that I received from pkmn ranger with Gastly, I gave him a sp.att anklet+pokérus so that means 1+4*2, right? So 10 EVs each time I battle a Gastly.
    Stat points from EVs are not gained at a single level - you will be getting them until Level 100.
    Besides, I hope you raised your Darkrai to level 70 by Rare Candies, because if you didn't, then it must have been getting EVs from the pokemon Darkrai defeated to level up.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I trained it with pkmn that give high EV in sp.att like Gengar, Alakazam... So, I guess it reached the max, but it only has 253 sp.att at lv.70...
    Anyway, thanks a lot!

Well since the max of useful EVs that can be put in a stat is 252, you've wasted some EVs that you could have put in other stats, but nonetheless your special attack will be pretty high once it reaches level 100.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir View Post
    For a physical sweeper your best bet would indeed be the basic 252 Atk / 252 Spe EV spread. Sadly, sassy isn't a nature to work in your favor for a physical sweeper. Your final speed stat at level 100 will be lacking a bit of what it could have been.

If you didn't save it after you gained all the EVs on your mewtwo, you probably did lose all of your EVs.
    If you did save it after gaining them, there are no worries.

Go check the effort ribbon lady in the ball seal building in Sunyshore City. If your Mewtwo has gained all of the EVs it can gain (the maximum of 510) she will give it a effort ribbon.

If you still have all of your EVs, it is possible that all of your EVs are slowly factoring in as you level. It's unnatural for a legendary that is usually caught or obtained above level 50 to only gain +2 Speed after being fully EV trained though, but it is possible.
    It still had all his EV's because I did save after it got the Ev's

But I don't understand why it does raise so much one time and not the other time.
    Looking For:

Shinies, EV'd Pokémon,Brightpowder,Events, Timid Kyogre. Careful Regirock, Careful Registeel, Calm Regice, and also the Hadou regis

Offering:

Can breed Pokemon upon request

Berries up to #64,Evolution Stones,Pokerus, Lucky Eggs, Light Balls, Heart Scales, Breedable Pokémon, Rare Candies, Vitamins, Certain TM's, Fossils, Training Pokémon

Just PM me to discuss FC = 3609 3310 0728

I can only trade during WEEKENDS due to school

Quote Originally Posted by DialgaMan View Post
    It still had all his EV's because I did save after it got the Ev's

But I don't understand why it does raise so much one time and not the other time.
    Did you put your Mewtwo in the PC at any time during your training? Because putting a Pokemon in the PC actually automatically adds any EVs that the Pokemon gained to its stats (it happens immediately, even though you haven't leveled up at all!).

For example, if I had a Lv. 99 Typhlosion with 0 Sp. Atk EVs, fought 8 Gastly to get 8 Sp. Atk EVs, then put the Typhlosion into the PC, its Special Attack would increase by 2.
    Sprites obtained here.

Indefinitely inactive due to schoolwork.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast