Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

does healing the pokemon or taking it to the poke center erase the ev
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

Quote Originally Posted by lucario beast View Post
    No it Doesn't

Click this link and sign up to the website to start winning things, from game vochers to ebay/amazon and sometimes consoles.

I have won 4 Ł5 amazon vouchers just by completing surveys and accumalating points which can be exchanged for prizes. Please click this link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/legitscopez360?feature=mhee

Visit me and my mates Youtube channel. Please it would help us alot more thank you think. Like/Favourite our videos and subscribe

The only way to erase evs is by using the ev lowering berries, which are berries 21-26, each of which raises it down by 10, unless your poke has over 100 evs, in which case it lowers it down to 100, then by increments of 10

i was ev training my machamp for atack with the attack powere item and before he was gaining 8 or 7 ev but now every time i ev trin him in the same spot as before he only gains like 3 stats in attack
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

i was ev training my machamp for atack with the attack powere item and before he was gaining 8 or 7 ev but now every time i ev trin him in the same spot as before he only gains like 3 stats in attack
    They'll all be added when he gets to Lvl 100. Trust me.

Anyway, is there a decent place for training Special Defence in Platinum? I'm sick of killing Tentacools/Tentacruels. ;_;

Hi, I'm Lewis and I do Smash Bros and Nintendo Content for YouTube! UK Melee/Project M/Smash 4 Player.

Speedruns:

Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

Lost tower at night has Duskull - 1 SpDef.
    If saphire is inserted 203 has lotad - 1 SpDef.
    Baltoys via pokeradar on 206 - 1 SpDef.
    Swablu - 210 north - 1 SpDef
    Lombre - 210 south with sapphire inserted - 2 SpDef.

Truthfully though your best bet is to keep plugging away at the tenta's.

Does anyone know if you can gain EVs through battling in the union room or over wifi? I have some pokemon I want to train in my SS box and low level pokemon in Plat that offer 3 EVs when defeated.
    Last edited by magikot; 15th February 2011 at 6:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magikot View Post

Does anyone know if you can gain EVs through battling in the union room or over wifi? I have some pokemon I want to train in my SS box and low level pokemon in Plat that offer 3 EVs when defeated.
    No you can't.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonOwn View Post
    They'll all be added when he gets to Lvl 100. Trust me.

Anyway, is there a decent place for training Special Defence in Platinum? I'm sick of killing Tentacools/Tentacruels. ;_;
    there is a girl south of Veilstone who has three Wormadam @ Lv 25, each giving you two SpD ev's

i dont get it? it is my first time trying to wirelessly trade and it says communication error everytime? can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghawk24 View Post
    i dont get it? it is my first time trying to wirelessly trade and it says communication error everytime? can anyone help?
    Did you follow the WiFi setup walkthrough that comes with basically all DS games? You probably have it set up wrong. If you don't have access to one of the guides, I can find a link for you...

Looking for shinies in
    bold spoiler-ed below! They'll mostly need RNG'd. H/W also below.

Spoiler:- Haves/Wants:

Was just wondering if anyone could explain to me how I can make my Machamp like this:

"Set #7 OMG Choice Specs? (~Jude/Sumeet)
    Held Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: No Guard
    Nature: Modest
    252 Hp / 252 Special Attack / 4 Speed
    Moves
    -Focus Blast
    -Fire Blast
    -Vacuum Wave
    -Hp [Ice]

Machamp is my Fav Pokemon, and I thought it would be fun to play with him as a special attacker, I've been trying to learn about the whole IV and stuff, seems hard but I'm trying to learn ^^ can anyone give me advice on where to start? like.. for the HP aspect, do I hatch him from an egg and then give him the move then try to find out what it is? Or so I give the move to a male machop/choke/champ and try to breed it like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Machamp is my Fav Pokemon, and I thought it would be fun to play with him as a special attacker, I've been trying to learn about the whole IV and stuff, seems hard but I'm trying to learn ^^ can anyone give me advice on where to start? like.. for the HP aspect, do I hatch him from an egg and then give him the move then try to find out what it is? Or so I give the move to a male machop/choke/champ and try to breed it like that?
    If you want Hidden Power on your Machamp, you can breed the move onto it by making sure the father knows the move. The baby Machop will then be born knowing Hidden Power.

Then if you want to know what type the Hidden Power is, you can use an IV calculator or you can keep fighting various types of Pokemon and figure it out through process of elimination. If you're playing Platinum, there's a guy in the Veilstone Game Corner prize exchange building who will tell you what the type is.

To start with, if this is the wrong place to post/ask this, just tell me. I'm new here, and tried to figure out where to post this, and here seemed like the best (most appropriate) place.

So anyway, could someone help me with a decent EV spread (and moveset) for my Celebi? I just got the event one, and thought I'd juice it up. Sadly, he has a lonely nature, but I should still be able to do something with it...

I don't have enough experience with this kind of thing so I don't want to screw up on an important Poke like this one.

Like I said, it has a lonely nature. It's Hidden Power would be ground type. Also, it has Nasty Plot, which I think was "special" to this event Celebi. But I'm not 100% sure on that :P

Anyway, if you want any other information about her, just ask I think that's all you'll need though...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Schultz38; 26th February 2011 at 6:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schultz38 View Post
    To start with, if this is the wrong place to post/ask this, just tell me. I'm new here, and tried to figure out where to post this, and here seemed like the best (most appropriate) place.

So anyway, could someone help me with a decent EV spread (and moveset) for my Celebi? I just got the event one, and thought I'd juice it up. Sadly, he has a lonely nature, but I should still be able to do something with it...

I don't have enough experience with this kind of thing so I don't want to screw up on an important Poke like this one.

Like I said, it has a lonely nature. It's Hidden Power would be ground type. Also, it has Nasty Plot, which I think was "special" to this event Celebi. But I'm not 100% sure on that :P

Anyway, if you want any other information about her, just ask I think that's all you'll need though...

Thanks!
    Yeah, this is probably the wrong place to ask that. There should be a team-building type thread here. That or the chatroom are good choices.

However, I'll answer as best I can. You can soft-reset for a better Nature, but I'm sure you've saved since. Uh, if you're looking for a Nasty Plot set, Smogon suggests NP, Grass Knot, Psychic and Earth Power. I might use Recover or another healing move over EP though...

Looking for shinies in
    bold spoiler-ed below! They'll mostly need RNG'd. H/W also below.

Spoiler:- Haves/Wants:

Imagine that a pokémon without 510 EV's (let's say it's a Swampert with 450 EV 's)and is at level 100 battles a pokémon and gains the other 60 Ev 'S in HP.Then,I put him on the box.When I take him back,he will have more 15 HP points because he was on the box or not

Eeveelover824 made this awesome banner

I am back to Pokémon/Serebiiforums. If you had any business with me before my long time outside Serebiiforums, let me know by a Private Message

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Trainer Xande View Post
    Imagine that a pokémon without 510 EV's (let's say it's a Swampert with 450 EV 's)and is at level 100 battles a pokémon and gains the other 60 Ev 'S in HP.Then,I put him on the box.When I take him back,he will have more 15 HP points because he was on the box or not
    Pokémon at Level 100 does not gain EV from Battles in 3rd and 4th Gen.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I've EV trained my salamence and the final result is this:

HP- 329
    ATK- 372
    SP. ATK- 233
    SP. DEF- 187
    SPEED- 241

(Nature Brave)

I origianally wanted this to be a physical sweeper, is this ok?
    New wifi battles are being posted on my channel every 2-3 days, want to be part of it? Challenge me by PMing me and maybe you could appear on my channel.

HG FC: 4555 9218 2956
    WHITE FC: 0991 0985 2462

watch the videos at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay...t?feature=mhum

Quote Originally Posted by AlsCuppaTea View Post
    I've EV trained my salamence and the final result is this:

HP- 329
    ATK- 372
    SP. ATK- 233
    SP. DEF- 187
    SPEED- 241

(Nature Brave)

I origianally wanted this to be a physical sweeper, is this ok?
    It's pretty good, I would have done more of SP. ATK though.

Quote Originally Posted by bones090 View Post
    It's pretty good, I would have done more of SP. ATK though.
    He said he was planning on making it a physical sweeper. Why would he need more special attack?

AlsCuppaTea, I don't think that Salamence would make a good sweeper. Because it has a -speed nature, it's really slow for a Salamence...and that's not good, because Salamence likes to be fast! It would be better if you used a +speed nature, such as Jolly for a physical sweeper or Naive for a mixed sweeper.

When can i get pokemon from firered/leafgreen ect by putting it in the DS do i have to beat the pokemon league first and i don't mean migrating them i mean like getting Lotad by putting Sapphire in the DS for pokemon platinum thanks.

Is it better to save EVs for after a Pokemon is fully evolved or to start EV training right after that egg hatches? As I don't have the means to get as many Rare Candies as I like, I was thinking of using the Day Care to level-up a Pokemon up till the level before it evolves, and then evolving it. So, is this beneficial or will the stats just not be as good than if I EV trained from the beginning?
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

EXP Share will help you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    EXP Share will help you with that.
    If this is a reply to my question, then no, Exp. Share has nothing to do with my question.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    If this is a reply to my question, then no, Exp. Share has nothing to do with my question.
    What he means is that giving a newly hatched Pokemon the exp. share will allow it to gain EVs AND level up until it is strong enough to fight on its own.

And to answer your question, it really doesn't matter when you start EV training. The Pokemon will end up with the same stats at level 100 regardless of whether it started gaining its EVs at level 1 or at level 90.
    And a Pokemon with no EVs that is raised in the day care or by rare candies will have lower stats at a certain level than an EV-trained Pokemon of the same species that has the same level, nature, IVs, etc. because the day care/rare candies don't give you EVs.

I personally prefer to EV train starting at level 1. I just give the Pokemon vitamins and then either give it the exp. share or put it in the lead spot and then switch it out every battle.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 14th March 2011 at 8:36 AM.

If you have already fought enough to gain the Evs but they havent all been put on the stat, can I use rare candies to allocate the Evs to stats or do I have to train normally until they gave been allocated them use rare candies?

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast