Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

Hi, I have another question. I want to EVtrain my mild natured evee with max. sp.att. I'll battle gastly(again) but do I have to gain the 252EVs in only one level, or can I gain all of them at different levels if I want it to have max sp.att? For ex. 10EVs per level? Does this method have the same result at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by MimiSkitty View Post
    I'm sorry, I really didn't know where to post this...

I thought there was a thread, but I can't remember where it was...

Anyway, what would be the best natures for these Pokemon?

Meowth
    Mismagius
    Crobat
    Rotom
    Carvanha
    Umbreon

I really wanna raise them. But I'd like to raise the right ones.
    I don't know if someone answered already...
    I guess it depends on the part you want your pokemon to play in your team( sweeper, staller...) but if you don't care about that and just want an "easy", fun team, you should favor their best statistics ( you can find them on the serebii pokedex). I'd say Jolly for meowth, Modest, Calm or Timid for Mismagius, Jolly for Crobat, Timid-Modest for Rotom, Adamant for Carvanha if you want a physical sweeper, otherwise, if you want a mixed sweeper, Naughty or Lonely, and Impish-Bold, Careful-Calm for Umbreon.
    Hope I helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Ryter View Post
    Hi, I have another question. I want to EVtrain my mild natured evee with max. sp.att. I'll battle gastly(again) but do I have to gain the 252EVs in only one level, or can I gain all of them at different levels if I want it to have max sp.att? For ex. 10EVs per level? Does this method have the same result at the end?
    It doesn't matter on which level you gain the EVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowking[George] View Post
    Well since the max of useful EVs that can be put in a stat is 252, you've wasted some EVs that you could have put in other stats, but nonetheless your special attack will be pretty high once it reaches level 100.
    Wait, so EVs are "wasted" if you battle with a max stat(the same one you trained)? I thought they just counted for nothing and it was like you never battled that pokemon.

What I'm Looking For:
    Shinies, Events, Legendaries, TMs, Rare Items, EVd Pokemon, and IV Bred Pokemon

What I Have
    Shinies, Any Breedable Pokemon, Some Legendaries, Egg Move Pokemon, Pokerus, and Misc. Items

Battle FC---0603 2393 0700
    Trade FC---0603 2386 7230

Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 1st strike, so only the rule-breaking part was removed. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger54321 View Post
    Wait, so EVs are "wasted" if you battle with a max stat(the same one you trained)? I thought they just counted for nothing and it was like you never battled that pokemon.
    Exactly. That is what he meant by wasted. If you have already maxed out the stat, the battle won't give you any additional EVs.
        Spoiler:- Who Am I?:

Ok Quick Question.
    Im EV Training My Team Right Now(Decided To Give This A Shot Now)

Say For Example My Charmeleon, Its Top 3 Stats Are In(From Best To Last) Speed, Sp.Atk, Sp. Def

So I Should Focus On Those Three Right?(Also It Has A Bold Nature)
    Meh...
    Guess I'll be making my return soon. Look out for me

I would say that you should focus on those three but your charmeleon is bold natured, so it's kind of a waste... I mean, the bold nature favors defence. But I'm no expert, so I guess you should probably max out sp.def, sp,att and speed and forget the defence. But can't you breed it to have the right nature?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Ryter View Post
    I would say that you should focus on those three but your charmeleon is bold natured, so it's kind of a waste... I mean, the bold nature favors defence. But I'm no expert, so I guess you should probably max out sp.def, sp,att and speed and forget the defence. But can't you breed it to have the right nature?
    I Can Do That.
    I Just Hate Having The Time To Breed You Know?
    What Nature Would Fit For Charmeleon? And If You Can. What Natures Would Benefit Spiritomb, Snorlax, Leafeon, Blastoise, And Dragonite?

EDIT: Ah Nevermind Ima Just Drop This Team And Focus On My Other One. But Thankx
    Last edited by H3R0; 3rd May 2009 at 12:40 AM.
    Meh...
    Guess I'll be making my return soon. Look out for me

Glad I could help!

if it is about natures the best natures for physical related pokemon is adamant and if its a special related pokemon its modest

if it is about natures the best natures for physical related pokemon is adamant and if its a special related pokemon its modest

Default I need help with EVs and Vitamins.

I'm currently EV training a Pokemon in SDef. I've been killing Tentacruels, and they give two EVs for SDef. The problem I came across is that I may have forgotten to count a Tentacruel, but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm thinking about solving this by giving my Pokemon a Zinc when my EV count is in the 90's, since the Vitamin limit is 100 EVs from my understanding.

If it were to be at exactly 90 EVs, it will just accept the Zinc and I'll get to the limit of 100, right?

But what if I DID forget to count two EVs and it was actually at 92 EVs, will it accept the Zinc and max it at 100 since that's the limit, or will it pass it up straight to 102? Or will it not accept it at all and keep it at 92?

Hey, I've got a question.

I'm really confused here. All EVs are only added to the stats when you level up? So if I was EV training my Salamence, it would only have half of the EVs I gave it at level 50? So I have to raise it to level 100 to see the full effect of the EVs? Also, if this is true, when I go into Wi-fi and it automatically raises my Pokemon to level 100, are EVs added then?

:/

Started playing Pokemon on December 29th, 2003. I have watched the anime and collected the cards for as long as I can remember.

HG Progress: 15 Badges!

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

you know ev also depends on nature

Quote Originally Posted by Soggy View Post
    I'm currently EV training a Pokemon in SDef. I've been killing Tentacruels, and they give two EVs for SDef. The problem I came across is that I may have forgotten to count a Tentacruel, but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm thinking about solving this by giving my Pokemon a Zinc when my EV count is in the 90's, since the Vitamin limit is 100 EVs from my understanding.

If it were to be at exactly 90 EVs, it will just accept the Zinc and I'll get to the limit of 100, right?

But what if I DID forget to count two EVs and it was actually at 92 EVs, will it accept the Zinc and max it at 100 since that's the limit, or will it pass it up straight to 102? Or will it not accept it at all and keep it at 92?
    Assuming it is at 92 SpDef EVs, it will not take the zinc.
    Vitamins give 10 EVs in whichever stat irregardless, but only until there are 100 EVs in that stat. It will never give you more/less or make you go over 100 EVs in a stat.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
    Hey, I've got a question.

I'm really confused here. All EVs are only added to the stats when you level up? So if I was EV training my Salamence, it would only have half of the EVs I gave it at level 50? So I have to raise it to level 100 to see the full effect of the EVs? Also, if this is true, when I go into Wi-fi and it automatically raises my Pokemon to level 100, are EVs added then?

:/
    EV distribution in stats through leveling up occurs randomly at random amounts.
    Whether you have below or over half of the EVs distributed into your stats at level 50 is totally indeterminable.
    From what I remember, going into a level 100 battle where your EV'ed pokemon is automatically raised to level 100, whatever EVs have been factored into your stats as points are counted. If there are still EVs that haven't gone into your stat, they will simply remain uncounted until they are distributed through leveling up ingame. No doubt that at level 100 you will have all of your EVs, though.

Hi, it's about my evee again. I just started Ev training it, it's at level 1. It gains 10 EVs each time I battle a gastly(virus plus sp.att anklet).
    If, for ex., I battle one gastly at level 1 and I level up twice, I will only get 10 EVs, right? Not 20? I really hope I made myself clear!

EVs and Exp are seperate from each other wether you level up twice or five levels a Gastly would give you the normal EV everytime.
    There'll be total devastation,
    Pure annihilation
    Or absolute surrender.
    I'll have limitless power,
    This is our finest hour
    Now go,go,go,go!
    "and those silly comments like mews under the truck."
    PKMN Diamant FC : 3266 1329 4105

PKMN Platin FC : 1634 2465 5625

PKMN Heartgold FC : 4512 3200 9906

Thanks. By the way why did you put your friend code in french? I mean "diamant", instead of diamond?^^

Dark S;9720034]Meh... I'm just starting out with EV training and to boot I'm like a sped at simple math so sorry if this question is really dumb. TT.TT

I have a lvl. 1 Eevee that I wish to evolve into Umbreon. I intend to give it 252 HP/126spdef/126def. (I realize that doesn't add up to 510, I'll deal with that part on my own). I also plan on giving it Pokerus and the Macho brace.

Now playing Diamond, having Pokerus, and using the Macho Brace what would be the formula to figure out how many pokemon, say Gastrodon which gives 2ev's in hp for example, I would have to fight?
    (I am aware of the other braces and of using Vitamins, I don't have to capital in my game to buy the Vitamins and I just haven't gotten around to getting the other braces so please don't give any hypothetical advice like well if you got this bracelet.... etc. and used this vitamin... Please just stick to what I have.)

Would it be:
    2xMachoBrace = 4
    2xPokerus = 4
    4+4= 8
    252/8 =31.55555 or 31 Gastrodons I would have to faint????

Or another example with just pokerus:
    2xPokerus = 4
    252/4= 63 Gastrodons????

Then what REALLY throws me off is:
    Training a Dragonite to 76 EV's in Sp.At/Fighting gastly which gives 1 EV point
    1xPokerus = 2
    76/2 = 38 Gastlys to faint???

It's just these numbers seem... wrong.... I feel like I am doing something totally wrong... :sweat:
    Last edited by Dark S; 15th May 2009 at 4:34 AM.

First of all 126/4 = 31.5. Which equals to 31 stat points. It's better to use this EV spread. 252 HP/ 128 in both defences. (Leaving two EVs)

One Gastrodon with pokerus and Macho Brace adds up to 2 x 2 = 4(Macho Brace) x 2 = 8 EVs per Gastrodon(Pokerus)

252/8 = 31.5. So, you defeat 31 Gastrodon( which is 248 EVs) and take of the Macho brace to just gain the pokerus boost.(so you gain 4 EVs per Gastrodon) Then you gained 248 + 4 = 252 EVs in HP.

The other numbers are completely right.

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^ Click to go to my face-off. ^
    (Made by Sinnohdragon)

Oh!!! Thank you so much!!! That helped a lot! ^.^

But just to make sure I have this right...

2G x 2P = 4 x 2M = 8?

G= Gastrodon
    P= Pokerus
    M= Machobrace

This is part that is confusing me.
    Last edited by Dark S; 15th May 2009 at 2:07 PM.

I've never attempted to EV train before but I've decided i'm gonna start now I have Platinum
    I think I understand most of it, I just have 1 question.
    If I maxed out the stats in Defence and HP for example, and my pokemon had no points in attack, does that mean its attack will be really weak like when a pokemon hatches from an egg and has no EVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero7742 View Post
    I've never attempted to EV train before but I've decided i'm gonna start now I have Platinum
    I think I understand most of it, I just have 1 question.
    If I maxed out the stats in Defence and HP for example, and my pokemon had no points in attack, does that mean its attack will be really weak like when a pokemon hatches from an egg and has no EVs?
    It wouldn't be as weak as a level 1 egg stat, of course, but it would be much much low.
    If you go on serebii's D/P/Pt pokedex and look at the pokemon you want to train, you will notice at the very bottom there are stat charts.
    It tells you the highest and lowest and stat could be depending on what natures, EVs, and IVs are set.

For example, say you have a Lucario with the Calm nature. Calm nature raises Sp.Def, but lowers Attack.
    Your Lucario has no IVs in Attack, and you don't EV train his attack at all, it will be the lowest attack stat of 202 at level 100.
    If you had a Adamant Lucario though (Adamant: +Attack, - Sp. Attack), 31 IVs in attack, and you gave him the max 255 EVs in Attack, at level 100 he would have the max 350 Attack stat that a Lucario can get.

That's a pretty big jump, no?
    Last edited by Casimir; 15th May 2009 at 4:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir View Post
    It wouldn't be as weak as a level 1 egg stat, of course, but it would be much much low.
    If you go on serebii's D/P/Pt pokedex and look at the pokemon you want to train, you will notice at the very bottom there are stat charts.
    It tells you the highest and lowest and stat could be depending on what natures, EVs, and IVs are set.

For example, say you have a Lucario with the Calm nature. Calm nature raises Sp.Def, but lowers Attack.
    Your Lucario has no IVs in Attack, and you don't EV train his attack at all, it will be the lowest attack stat of 202 at level 100.
    If you had a Adamant Lucario though (Adamant: +Attack, - Sp. Attack), 31 IVs in attack, and you gave him the max 255 EVs in Attack, at level 100 he would have the max 350 Attack stat that a Lucario can get.

That's a pretty big jump, no?
    Hmmm i'm still a little confused XD Why would the Lucario have the lowest attack stat of 202 if it hasn't been EV trained in attack? wouldn't it have 0?
    I think i'm getting mixed up about what EVs are. I have an Infernape level 46 and when I look at its stats it says :
    Attack: 110
    Defense: 88
    Sp. Attack: 110
    Sp. Def:74
    Speed: 127

Are the numbers after the stats the number of EVs it has in each?
    Or are they something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero7742 View Post
    Hmmm i'm still a little confused XD Why would the Lucario have the lowest attack stat of 202 if it hasn't been EV trained in attack? wouldn't it have 0?
    I think i'm getting mixed up about what EVs are. I have an Infernape level 46 and when I look at its stats it says :
    Attack: 110
    Defense: 88
    Sp. Attack: 110
    Sp. Def:74
    Speed: 127

Are the numbers after the stats the number of EVs it has in each?
    Or are they something else?
    Oh no, the Lucario would still have 202 attack at level 100, but it would have 0 EVs if you don't EV train it in attack.
    Even if you don't EV train your pokemon will still have Stats. How high that stat is will be depending on it's Individual Values (IVs) and Nature though.

Effort Values (EVs) is like a hidden bonus to battling.
    Every pokemon you battle that you gain EXP from will give you EV points. Depending on what pokemon you faint, it will give you different EV points in stats.
    Here is the serebii page on EVs: http://serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
    At the bottom you will see icons for HP, Attack, Defense, etc. Click on whichever stat you want to train in order to find out what pokemon to fight and how many EVs they give.

To sum up the math in EVs:
    - Every pokemon is allowed 510 EVs.
    - You can only get up to 255 EVs in a stat, though. You can either give 255 EVs in two stats to get your pokemons max 510 EVs or you can even mix it up depending on what role you want that pokemon to play in battle.
    - Every 4 EV points equal 1 point in a stat. So say you fight 4 magicarp that give 1 Speed EV a piece. That would give you +1 point in your pokemon's speed stat.
    - 252 EVs = 63 extra points towards a stat.
    - Anything less of 4 EV points will not constitute as a full stat point.
    - At level 100 your pokemon cannot gain anymore EVs.

EV'ing your pokemon to your liking is setting them up with a fitness schedule in a way.

EVing your pokemon is not necessary for them in order to still use them in battles and be able to do something, but it can really help your pokemon to become a step above the rest.
    Technically, before any of us new how about Effort Values, we were EV training our pokemon, just very sloppily.

Here is another example:
    You have a Adamant Lucario that was born with 31 IVs in attack.
    This means that at level 100, without EV training him in attack at all, his highest attack will be 287.
    But if you decided to EV train him to get 255 EVs in attack, those 255 EVs would equal 63 Attack points (1 stat point per 4 EVs).
    287 Attack + 63 Attack points from EVing = 350 attack at Level 100.
    (NOTE: The actual Attack Stats may be a bit off by about 9ish, but it is somewhere along those lines)
    Last edited by Casimir; 15th May 2009 at 5:36 PM.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast