Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

Oh I see Thanks so much
    I've looked at a lot of EV training guides but I understand it a lot more now I read that
    I thought that if you battle a pokemon that gives you 2 EVs, you get 2 points added on to a certain stat.
    Thanks again ^_^

Is there any other areas you can recommend in the wild for training low-level Pokemon? I'm currently working on my fresh team of LV1 Pokemon and I can't find anything to work on.

Should I work on that later? What are your suggestions?
    These Pokemon is now available for trade. PM me if interested.

2x Male Adamant Speed Boost 31/31/31/X/31/31 *5 IV Flawless* Carvanha
    2x Male Adamant Speed Boost 31/31/31/X/31/31 *5 IV Flawless* Carvanha with Egg Moves Thrash, Double-Edge, Brine, and Destiny Bond

Game Information:
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3282-4449-0711
    Pokemon X OT: Serenna
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: *Fairy* Kirlia, Spiritzee, Floette (Red)

Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1779-2063-5352
    Pokemon Y OT: Serenna
    Pokemon Y Friend Safari: *Poison* Kakuna, Venomoth, Whirlipede

I don't get it. Every place I look says that the EV-Boosting items(Power Lens,Power Anklet,etc.) give different EVs.Do they give 1,2,3,4, or 5 EVs? And those ARE added onto whatever you are battling,right? Ex.

If the Power Anklet gives 4 EVs(a guess),and I face a Magikarp,I would get 5 EVs,correct?
    2 + 2 = 5. Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai's Nightmare View Post
    I don't get it. Every place I look says that the EV-Boosting items(Power Lens,Power Anklet,etc.) give different EVs.Do they give 1,2,3,4, or 5 EVs? And those ARE added onto whatever you are battling,right? Ex.

If the Power Anklet gives 4 EVs(a guess),and I face a Magikarp,I would get 5 EVs,correct?
    That is correct. If you fight a Magikarp and defeat it while your Pokemon has a Power Anklet, you will gain 5 Speed EVs. If you have Pokerus as well, you will gain 10 Speed EVs.

Also, all of the EV-boosting items except the Macho Brace all gives 4 EVs to their selected stat.
    These Pokemon is now available for trade. PM me if interested.

2x Male Adamant Speed Boost 31/31/31/X/31/31 *5 IV Flawless* Carvanha
    2x Male Adamant Speed Boost 31/31/31/X/31/31 *5 IV Flawless* Carvanha with Egg Moves Thrash, Double-Edge, Brine, and Destiny Bond

Game Information:
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 3282-4449-0711
    Pokemon X OT: Serenna
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: *Fairy* Kirlia, Spiritzee, Floette (Red)

Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1779-2063-5352
    Pokemon Y OT: Serenna
    Pokemon Y Friend Safari: *Poison* Kakuna, Venomoth, Whirlipede

Okay,thanks a lot. Now I can start EV training the correct way.
    Last edited by Darkrai's Nightmare; 18th May 2009 at 5:33 PM.
    2 + 2 = 5. Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenna View Post
    Is there any other areas you can recommend in the wild for training low-level Pokemon? I'm currently working on my fresh team of LV1 Pokemon and I can't find anything to work on.

Should I work on that later? What are your suggestions?
    I suggest either
    1.) Rare Candy. Use just a few to get your pokemon up to a level to match the pokemon you're fighting or over that level.
    2.) Switch trick/Exp Share. Use another pokemon to take out the pokemon you're trying to EV train off of. As long as your pokemon gains exp, it will gain the EVs too.
    Pokerus still takes effect if you use EXP Share, and if you use the switch trick, and held items that effect EV grown as well as Pokerus still take effect.

You could do the day care too, I suppose. As an alternative to the rare candies.
    Last edited by Casimir; 18th May 2009 at 8:15 PM.

If I have a pokemon with experience share on will that pokemon's EV's go up?

hey everyone. I need help. it's basically basic to those professional EV trainers, so please be kind. lol. --; here it goes:

the situation:
    I am EV training my typhlosion' HP now on some valley windworks shellos in platinum. it's completely equipped with power weight and pokerus. when it got up a level, it said +20 HP.

the questions:

1) could you max out each and every one of the 6 stats? I read that the maximum EV points a pokemon can have is 510, and the maximum per stat is 255, so does that mean only 2 stats can be maxed in EV training? (coz 510 / 2 = 255)

2) if yes, correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean I only have 490 EV points left for my typhlosion? (coz the HP stat gained 20 points on my typhlosion's recent level-up)

3) if no, is it still possible to maximize more than two of my typhlosion's stats? (take for instance, I would really like to max-out its HP, speed and defense)

please reply asap thru PM. thank you so much in advance.
    Generation V. It's here. It's now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldigunner1 View Post
    If I have a pokemon with experience share on will that pokemon's EV's go up?
    Yes, but the power items and macho brace will have no effect. Edit: Wow, I just realized that if they're holding the EXP Share, they can't hold the power items/macho brace. Sigh..

Quote Originally Posted by elite ralf View Post
    hey everyone. I need help. it's basically basic to those professional EV trainers, so please be kind. lol. --; here it goes:

the situation:
    I am EV training my typhlosion' HP now on some valley windworks shellos in platinum. when it got up a level, it said +20 HP.

the questions:

1) could you max out each and every one of the 6 stats? I read that the maximum EV points a pokemon can have is 510, and the maximum per stat is 255, so does that mean only 2 stats can be maxed in EV training? (coz 510 / 2 = 255)

2) if yes, correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean I only have 490 EV points left for my typhlosion? (coz the HP stat gained 20 points on my typhlosion's recent level-up)

3) if no, is it still possible to maximize more than two of my typhlosion's stats? (take for instance, I would really like to max-out its HP, speed and defense)

please reply asap thru PM. thank you so much in advance.
    1. 510 EVs total out of everything. That means you can only max out 2 stats.
    2. No, see, you're confusing EVs with actual stat gains. Remember, EVs are hidden/invisible/superdeduper awesome. Disregard what you see when you level up and stick to your paper you're writing your information down onto.
    3. Refer to question 1. You can always split the EVs also.
    Last edited by professoroak; 20th May 2009 at 2:25 AM.
    HIATUS

Various UT and T Legendaries for tradeMISC.BREEDABLE:

BOXES AND BOXES OF: Adamant Psycho Cut Pawniard with 31 IVs in Attack! HOT ITEM!

Looking For: SHINIES and
    MMing:

I will EV Train TWO Pokemon for ONE SHINY Pokemon!
    Depending on the Pokemon, you may need to provide it.

I HAVE POKERUS.

White FC: 2837 9409 1784

Spoiler:- Creds:

oh gosh, thanks so much professoroak!! (that sounded weird.lol)
    that cleared up my mind in EV training all these years. lmfao

thanks again, [insert name here]!!!!
    (goes back to EV training)
    Generation V. It's here. It's now.

Quote Originally Posted by elite ralf View Post
    oh gosh, thanks so much professoroak!! (that sounded weird.lol)
    that cleared up my mind in EV training all these years. lmfao

thanks again, [insert name here]!!!!
    (goes back to EV training)
    haha no problem, call me whatever sounds good

If anyone has any questions, just PM me and I'll do my best to help
    HIATUS

Various UT and T Legendaries for tradeMISC.BREEDABLE:

BOXES AND BOXES OF: Adamant Psycho Cut Pawniard with 31 IVs in Attack! HOT ITEM!

Looking For: SHINIES and
    MMing:

I will EV Train TWO Pokemon for ONE SHINY Pokemon!
    Depending on the Pokemon, you may need to provide it.

I HAVE POKERUS.

White FC: 2837 9409 1784

Spoiler:- Creds:

I have a question.

I have bee EV training my newly hatched zubat in speed (at least i think I have been)
    I have been battling only staravia's I just got enough money to buy 10 carbos's he would only take 8. so does that mean he's fully ev trained in speed.

Also if next I want to ev train him in attack I just gave him 10 proteins. so who should a go and fight against and about how many times to i have to fight against them. My zubat is only level 13 so i'm still using exp share.

If I give my zubat power bracer will it's EV's in speed go down or its visable stat or will it's stat just not go up when i level up.

If I am ev training my zubat it has the power bracer. he's the first spot in my team and I keep sub in someone will there ev stats become the same or would zubat get the addition points do to the power bracer.

as you can tell i'm new with this EV training.
    Thnaks in advance
    Last edited by Heldigunner1; 22nd May 2009 at 10:22 PM.

Default So here we go...Another EV Question.

Pretty self explanitory, yet elobaration is needed. I have a Level 94 Alakazam, and he (unsurprisingly) has a low attack stat. Baisically I've killed off 51 Machops, yet when I rare candied him up, (as I have already earned the EVs from Machops), I only recieved +1 on my attack stat. I equiped my Alakazam with a Power item, needed for attack, but I don't have pokerus ^^; Baisically, I want to know if there is something I should have done, in order to recieve a decent upgrade in his attack stat.
    Thank you x

1. Why does an Alakazam need a high attack. He/She uses non-physical moves that require good Sp. Att
    2. The reason could be that you have used up your 510 EVs. Maybe because it's near 100 and by then you should have used them all up.

If you think Dragonite is better than Salamence,
    then copy and paste this as your signature. (started by Serebiifreak)

Talking

So would you suggest purely focusing on Special attack ? And Yes, it is near Level 100, still, he's pretty good to use competitively x

Quote Originally Posted by J0J0Boy View Post
    So would you suggest purely focusing on Special attack ? And Yes, it is near Level 100, still, he's pretty good to use competitively x
    Yes, because after all, Alakazam's Special Attack base stat is 135, and his base Attack stat is 50.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Why are you EV training Alakazam in Atk.?His base Spl. Atk. is almost three times his base Atk. stat.Coming to your question,here are some possible answers:

1.You might have used up all 510 EV slots.To check this,go to Sunyshore seal market and talk to the lady there.If your EV's are used up,she will give Alakazam an Effort Ribbon.

2.Make Alakazam Lv. 100.The added EV's will get levelled out then.Check his Atk. stat then.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/2en9hmt.png[/IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------
    If anybody wants Pokemon with Pokerus,contact me via PM
    Platinum Friend Code :2536 3632 4456
    Soul Silver FC : 2494 0321 7044
    Time Zone :+5.5(IST, I am from India)

Spoiler:- Credits:

Exclamation Effort value bug!?!?!?!?

Hello everyone!
    I just wonder if anyone had ever faced this problem when trying to put specifics effort points to a Pokémon...

Ok explanations:
    Imagine you got a Honchkrow and you want to boost its ATK stat by battling only Machokes, Machops and Bibarel... I know that in respective order, those Pokémons give +2, +1, and +2 EP in ATK... And we get a bonus ATK point at every 4 EP if I understood!? And the limit is supposed to be of 255 EP per stats and there's a maximum of 510 EP for my Honchkrow in all he's stats!?

If everything is okay with my comprehension of the EV system... them the problem is HERE:

When I raised my Pokémon ATK stats, there is some kind of bug or sh** I don't understand that makes stop the growth of the ATK. For example, my Murkrow hatched from the egg and I placed it in my team with the EXP SHARE on it, then I placed a stronger Pokémon in first place then trained it to get ATK EP… But now, I’m only at 74/252 ATK EP and the stat don’t go higher anymore at each level up! I don’t understand… I can give it some PROTEIN, but the effort point does’nt work…
    It did the exact same thing with my Kangaskhan…
    I kill 4 Machops, I put my Pokémon in the box, then I retake it… ATK stat is still unchanged… I kill 4 Machops, I give it a rare candy, the ATK stat don’t go higher then if I give it a rare candy alone without battling 4 Machops……. Seriously….wtf?

Anyone have an explanation for this? Am I alone with that problem?

Thanks a lot!

Rare candies don't take into account EVs. It's nothing to worry about; if I'm not mistaken, the next time it has a non-candied level up, it'll start gaining them again.

Also, I'm pretty sure putting a pokémon in the box doesn't affect its stats at all....

Edit: And your pokémon doesn't necessarily gain any stat points from EVs at the first level-up. The only guarantee is that it happens before level 100.
    Last edited by Purpureal; 25th May 2009 at 5:10 PM.
    I'm capable of making fairly basic banners (I made the one above). PM me if you want one.

The results of EV training don't show until your Murkrow reaches Level 100.

2 questions:

1. Say I get 3 defense EVs then I level up. If I get a fourth on the next level will I get the extra point in defense or will I need to get another 3 again?

2. If my pokemons out against an enemy with a disireable EV for a different pokemon and I switch would my first pokemon also get the EV for the kill or would it just be the pokemon who made the kill?
    Currently Looking Forward To: Fat Princess, Scribblenauts

I've recently got back into EV training and IV breeding after a very long hiatus.
    So far I've only bred a few Pokemon with good IVs and I'd just like to say to any newbies out there, how time consuming IV breeding can be but also how fulfilling it is when you see your Pokemon reach full potential. long live Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Undisclosed View Post
    2 questions:

1. Say I get 3 defense EVs then I level up. If I get a fourth on the next level will I get the extra point in defense or will I need to get another 3 again?

2. If my pokemons out against an enemy with a disireable EV for a different pokemon and I switch would my first pokemon also get the EV for the kill or would it just be the pokemon who made the kill?
    1. No, you don't need to get the 3 EVs again. "Leftover" EVs carry over to the next level with you level up. Actually, the only way to truly lose EVs is by using the EV-reducing berries mentioned in the first post of this thread.

2. Sorry, but any Pokemon who gains experience points in the battle from defeating a Pokemon will get the EVs given by that Pokemon. Notice how I said "gains experience points;" this includes Pokemon that are holding the EXP. Share, as well as Pokemon that are switched out and do not actually kill the Pokemon.

So let's say you have a Jolteon, a Vaporeon, and a Flareon. The Flareon holds an EXP. Share. The opponent sends out Geodude, and you switch to Vaporeon. Vaporeon KO's the Geodude with Surf. The results? Jolteon, Vaporeon, AND Flareon all get 1 Defense EV.
    Sprites obtained here.

Indefinitely inactive due to schoolwork.

Alright, thank you for the clarification.
    Currently Looking Forward To: Fat Princess, Scribblenauts

whats a good arena trap trio ev spread? i was going to see how 252 atk and speed goes out because it has low def/sdef/hp even at maxed stats :\

I have adamant/jolly/careful diglets.

and i dont have platinum so i cant do that jump thing or whatever was reposted on first post.
    Pokemon Diamond Friend Code
    2965 1401 8703
    First Owner Of A Sweeping Blissy

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast