Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

I'm EV training my shuckle right now, and as you can imagine, it sucks....

with shuckle's non-existent ATK, and only toxic to actually kill anything, I was wondering if you could send out shuckle (Machobrace + Pkrus) then just switch it out for a different pokemon and have shuckle still gain all of the EVs and not have them distributed between the two, (Like EXP)

Also, If they were broken up, how many of them would be given to shuckle. (assuming that I get 4 EVs)

I'm sorry Dave... I'm afraid I can't do that.

Every pokémon that gains EXP gains the total amount of EVs it would get if it would've fainted it alone. So Shuckle would get 4 EVs and the other pokémon would gain 1.

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^ Click to go to my face-off. ^
    (Made by Sinnohdragon)

so shuckle gains all the IVs?

I encounter a wild Sealeo (2 Hp IVs), shuckle (Machobrace + Pkrus) is sent out. I then switch him for my LV 100 Persian who then faints Sealeo with Fake out.

would shuckle then gain all 8 IVs?

I'm sorry Dave... I'm afraid I can't do that.

Shuckle would gain 8 HP EVs and your Persian would gain 0 because it doesn't get Exp.(If the Pokémon that defeats the Sealeo does gain exp it would gain two EVs)

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^ Click to go to my face-off. ^
    (Made by Sinnohdragon)

Can someone help me to work out IVs? I can't work the IV calculator and really need some help!
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    Can someone help me to work out IVs? I can't work the IV calculator and really need some help!
    Since no one answered your question...I guess I will.

I'm pretty sure, if your using the IV calculator, you know what IV's are. So the IV calculator is used to find the Pokemon's IV's. First you enter in the Pokemon in the Pokemon slot. Then you put in the nature in the nature slot. Then you put in the Pokemon's level in the level area, then this is were it gets tricky.

You enter in the stats in the stat area...but if it's a Pokemon you've used a lot...or even a little...and you don't know the EV's or Effort Value's are. Then I suggest you give that pokemon the EV reducing berries to reduce it's EV's in all it's stats to 0. (BTW the berries are berries #22-27, IIRC) Then you can enter in the stats without any EV's in them. But if you do know the EV's of the Pokemon, just enter in the number of them below the stats, where it says EP. Then just click Calculate IV's.

Now the Iv's it come up with...usually by them it doesn't say 100%, which means that is the IV for the Pokemon. So if it doesn't exactly know then it will give you a range of where the IV for that stat is. 0 IV's is bad, 31 is the best.

Of course that's if your using Serebii's IV calculator. It's pretty simple with some practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Sneak
    so shuckle gains all the IVs?

I encounter a wild Sealeo (2 Hp IVs), shuckle (Machobrace + Pkrus) is sent out. I then switch him for my LV 100 Persian who then faints Sealeo with Fake out.

would shuckle then gain all 8 IVs?
    First it's EV's...Iv's are a completly different mess.

Yes Shuckle would gain all the 8 Hp Ev's. Also if one Pokemon is full with 510 Ev's it can not get anymore. So you could also switch out to that.

And to elaborate on MB's point. Even though EXP is cut in 1/2 to give to Pokemon...Ev's arn't. So you battle the same Sealeo and send out Shcukle, then swicth it out to...let's say...a Snorlax, and because Snorlax has not reached the 510 EV mark and is not level 100 he recieves EV's to.

So the Shuckle gets 8 HP EV's and Snorlax gets 2 becuase EV's arn't split up like EXP. It's confusing I know.
    Last edited by Kyogre35; 31st May 2009 at 10:55 PM.

Balance.Power.Destruction
    (credit to Skiyomi for awsome images)

First Shiny Hunt:

46 Hatches In

so you can ev train a pokemon even if thats not their nature

so you can ev train a pokemon even if thats not their nature

Do the berries totally clear the ev´s of a single pokemon?
    "Did you make mankind after we made you?"-Dear God

How can I get POKERUS with an easy way? (I know what Pokerus Is)

Quote Originally Posted by Arckanhell View Post
    Do the berries totally clear the ev´s of a single pokemon?
    If your pokemon has over 100 EVs in one stat(say, attack), using the berry that reduces its EVs(Kelpsy in this case) recudes the EVs to 100. It doesn't matter how much they are over 100, it always goes to 100. When stat's EVs are 100 or under, the berries reduce them by 10 each.

Quote Originally Posted by PalkiaTrainer View Post
    How can I get POKERUS with an easy way? (I know what Pokerus Is)
    By trading with someone who has it.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    I wiil help you with IV'S. I don't have an iv calculator but i have this
    HIT POINTS
    31-Often dozes off
    30-Loves to Eat
    29-Likes to Relax
    28-Likes to scatter things
    27-Often Naps

ATTACK
    31-Likes to thrash about
    30-Proud of its' Power
    29-Hot Tempered
    28-Quick tempered
    27-A little Quick-Tempered

DEFENSE
    31-Capable of taking hits
    30-Sturdy Body
    29-Good perseverance
    28-Good endurance
    27-Highly persistent

SPEED
    31-Alert to sounds
    30-Likes to run
    29-Quick to flee
    28-Somewhat of a clown
    27-Impetuous and silly

SPECIAL ATTACK
    31-Mischeivous
    30-Highly Curious
    29-Very Finicky
    28-Often lost in thought
    27-Thoroughly cunning

SPECIAL DEFENSE
    31-Somewhat Vain
    30-Strong Willed
    29-Somewhat Stubborn
    28-Hates to lose
    27-Strongly Defiant

These tell you how much IV points your pokemon have. My palkia has " hates to lose" and it has 288 sp.def.
    With hates to lose I have 28 plus stat points in sp.attack and the other stats are normal. And my Dialga has proud of its power and it has 300 attack. I hope helped
    Last edited by PalkiaTrainer; 2nd June 2009 at 10:40 AM.

I don't have anyone who had ever pokerus. No one I know, know about this. Is any other way?
    Last edited by PalkiaTrainer; 2nd June 2009 at 6:11 PM.

Can I GET POKERUS withough trading with someone who has?

umm im trying ev training for the first time on a vulpix, i plan on training on gastlys and haunters, any suggestions for what else i should ev train? and any pre-ev training help?
    platinum friend code: 5327-7334-5546
    name: rand
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/51r1nk.gif[/IMG] TRDP=160
    [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/308w9yf.jpg[/IMG] Points=100
    credit to umbreon13x to both of these^^^^^
    my shinies(i finally got some)dragonite, espeon, larvitar, tentacool, treeko, and chansey.
    proud owner of 2 Hadou(Wave) Mews, a MYSTRY mew, a WISHMKR jirachi, a Shaymin, a Manaphy, a Shokotun Pichu, a 10ANNIV lugia, and a TRU shaymin. all legit.

Can I GET POKERUS withough trading with someone who has?
    Yes. But it's really rare. You can only find it on wild pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by espeon13x View Post
    umm im trying ev training for the first time on a vulpix, i plan on training on gastlys and haunters, any suggestions for what else i should ev train? and any pre-ev training help?
    Yes you can buy power items like power lens than they will give you 4 evs in special attack for each pokemon you defeat.(255 ev limit). You can also use protein,calcium etc. each of them gives 10 ev in one stat you can use 10 for each stat. you can max out 2 stats. And I ev train for first time and i wiil train my palkia for sp.attack and sp.deffense for that i wiil use power lens and for sp.def i don't remember the item. and i wiil use calcium etc. only for special attack nad sp.def. I wish you have read an ev guide and understood it. With these I heve only to beat 25 gastly and 25 tentacruel and then I wiil train it to 100lv. If you do that you won't need to beat 252 gastly because it will take you days. And if you have pokerus that dubles the ev you gain you will finish in ten minutes. Hope I helped. If you need more info e- mail me at georg1ge3@windowslive.com I hope I didn't tell many things.
    Last edited by PalkiaTrainer; 4th June 2009 at 2:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimiii View Post
    Yes. But it's really rare. You can only find it on wild pokemon.
    Could you tell me which wild pokemon maybe have? And how am I going to know if it has pokerus? I know that it's really rare becuse of that i'm looking for it to ev train my palkia

I have cyntaquil and It woud give to someone needed it. The problem is that I don't know what to do with wi-fi. I'm in Greece this is the problem.

hmmmmm that is a problem, but i have pokerus, and where do i get a power lens? battle frontier?
    my shinies(i finally got some)dragonite, espeon, larvitar, tentacool, treeko, and chansey.
    proud owner of 2 Hadou(Wave) Mews, a MYSTRY mew, a WISHMKR jirachi, a Shaymin, a Manaphy, a Shokotun Pichu, a 10ANNIV lugia, and a TRU shaymin. all legit.

hmmmmm that is a problem, but i have pokerus, and where do i get a power lens? battle frontier?
    You can get all the Power Items in the Battle Frontier/Tower Shop for 16 BP IIRC.

Berries -- Humans of Hoenn -- A Friday -- Escape Rope

images were taken from four specific web pages of Serebii.net

thank you. ill be working on that tonight.

Talking

Yes in the battle frontier you get all of them for 16 BP. How did you get pokerus? I want really know how did you get it. Other users told me that you can get pokerus from a wild pokemon or trade it with someone who has it. Is any other way? ^_^

i have pokemon w/ pokerus and can trade them, got it from a wild onyx, just in case you were wondering, pm me with a trade offer

Could you tell me which wild pokemon maybe have? And how am I going to know if it has pokerus? I know that it's really rare becuse of that i'm looking for it to ev train my palkia
    Every wild pokemon has the same (abysmal) chance of having it. You can't tell if a wild pokemon has it while battling it, but when you catch it, its summary screen has a purple PKRS box if it has Pokerus. I have heard wild pokemon having it can also infect your pokemon if it attacks them, but I'm not sure about this.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast