Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread: DPPt EV Guide/Help Thread READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Absol 4ever View Post
    If you have already fought enough to gain the Evs but they havent all been put on the stat, can I use rare candies to allocate the Evs to stats or do I have to train normally until they gave been allocated them use rare candies?
    I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

Using Rare Candies doesn't have any effect on your EVs, though. When you use a Rare Candy, it doesn not give you any EVs; it just gives your Pokemon enough experience to level up. You will have to use vitamins, fight other Pokemon, etc. to gain EVs in a stat.

ill try to rephrase it, lets say im training a walrein in hp, i kill 50 gastrodon so i have "gained" 100 hp evs but not all of them have been put in the stat by lvling up.
    if i then use a rare candy will hp evs be added to the stat or will it ignore them because i used a rare candy?

ill try to rephrase it, lets say im training a walrein in hp, i kill 50 gastrodon so i have "gained" 100 hp evs but not all of them have been put in the stat by lvling up.
    if i then use a rare candy will hp evs be added to the stat or will it ignore them because i used a rare candy?
    You won't see the full effect of those EVs until level 100. It doesn't matter how you get the Pokemon to level 100, so it would end up with the same stats regardless of whether you levelled it up by using Rare Candies or by fighting other Pokemon. So, Rare Candies do not ignore your Pokemon's EVs.

thanks for that Aquarelle

thanks for that Aquarelle
    No problem. Glad I could help. :)

Ok, is there an item such as "Lucky Egg" or anything of the such obtainable prior to the third gym in pokemon pearl? My shieldon is taking a while to gain enough exp to move up 3 levels, so is my Monferno.
    It's the return of the... oh wait, no wait! He didn't say what I think he did, did he?

Guess who's returned after a year or so ;D

in a word, no. exp share is the closest to that nd i dont think it is available til after the the 3rd gym. best thing to do is jus to keep grinding in the grass near the gym and earn levels that way
    IGN: Bunkichi
    Friend Code: 0301 9860 3125 (X version)

IGN: Mitsuko
    4468 1808 9931 (Y version)

If my Rhyhorn has Lightningrod as its ability, will it have it when an Rhyperior?
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by HydroSwampert View Post
    If my Rhyhorn has Lightningrod as its ability, will it have it when an Rhyperior?
    Most probably.
    It's the return of the... oh wait, no wait! He didn't say what I think he did, did he?

Guess who's returned after a year or so ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeman1234 View Post
    Most probably.
    Thanks, that's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure. Now I have to train another to get Solid Rock.
    "Words can build you up, Words can break you down."
    "And you can take the one thing I have left
    Beat me to the ground and take my breath
    But you can't take who I am
    woah-woah."
    - Hawk Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by CrazinessCake View Post
    When can i get pokemon from firered/leafgreen ect by putting it in the DS do i have to beat the pokemon league first and i don't mean migrating them i mean like getting Lotad by putting Sapphire in the DS for pokemon platinum thanks.
    My understanding is you have to be able to use the pal park before the dual slot pokemon will start appearing, so it won't really help with getting your playthrough team together.

Default Drifloon

is there anyway you can see drifloon other than battling the trainer in Heathrome gym or only catch it on fridays cause then i have to wait a week so does anyone know where i can see him he is my last one to see in pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by manaphay View Post
    is there anyway you can see drifloon other than battling the trainer in Heathrome gym or only catch it on fridays cause then i have to wait a week so does anyone know where i can see him he is my last one to see in pearl.
    Change the day on your DS to a Friday.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by manaphay View Post
    Those are the only ways to see Drifloon on Pearl. So you're going to have to see one on Friday (and if you plan on changing your DS's clock, I think you would have to set it to Thursday because I think changing it "freezes" the time-based events for 24 hours or something).

Can you clone pokemon in platinum
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are to.
    My current emerald team:

Quote Originally Posted by Jkboy View Post
    Can you clone pokemon in platinum
    You can't do it using the GTS like in DP. However, this page says that it's possible to clone in Platinum by turning off one of the DSes while trading...but this might corrupt your game.

Default Any volunteers?

I want to get spiritomb, and was hoping someone would be bored enough to help me get it?

If there's a charitable person...
    Name: Mavriko
    FC: 1764-6450-5465

on platinum i have the coin case and coins for the game corner but it still wont let me play on the slots , ideas anyone?
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    on platinum i have the coin case and coins for the game corner but it still wont let me play on the slots , ideas anyone?
    If you've got the European Version, (which lacks the ESRB warning) Slots are permanently disabled in Platinum. They've even changed the Dialogue in the room.

Awyway this is the EV Help thread.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    If you've got the European Version, (which lacks the ESRB warning) Slots are permanently disabled in Platinum. They've even changed the Dialogue in the room.

Awyway this is the EV Help thread.
    Sorry I read the title of the thread wrong. Seems pointless putting the coincase in there if you cant even use the slots.
    so if you want to get anything with coins from the game corner ive got to buy the coins,great
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

Is this the pokemon diamond help thread, i think it is.I dont know where the move tutor is in pokemon diamond,(the guy who delete's HM's)And my second problem is that i don't know if my pokemon are strong enough to beat the elite 4 and Cynthia in pokemon diamond.My pokemon are:

Empoleon Lv50 moves:RockClimb, Defog, BubbleBeam and Blizzard
    Dialga Lv48 moves:RockSmash, AncientPower, DragonClaw and RoarOfTime
    Luxray Lv48 moves:Spark, Strengh, ThunderFang and Crunch
    Gastradon Lv47 moves:Mud-Slap, MudBomb, Surf and Waterfall
    Roserade Lv46 moves:PetalDance, Cut, Aromatherapy and Synthesis
    Staraptor Lv45 moves:Agility, AerialAce, Fly and CloseCombat

Thanks in Advance
    My Favourate 6 pokemon

So this doesn't really qualify as 'help', but starting a thread for glitches this many years after the release seems kinda pointless :S

Anyway I just discovered a glitch which I've not heard anyone else point out, so thought I'd mention it here. On Platinum, while breeding Togepi, I noticed that when I picked up my Togepi eggs from the daycare man they'd skipped the first 'what will hatch from this?' stage and passed straight to 'occasionally moves, must be close to hatching'. After confusedly thinking I'd made a mistake the first time, I repeated it, and yes, this is true of all Togepi eggs.

I'm guessing that this is due to the Togepi egg Cynthia gives you in Eterna City, which is also pre-set to that hatching stage when you receive it, probably to make it faster for you to hatch. The game must read all Togepi eggs as *that* egg and speed up the process for you.

Anyways, it's handy if you're breeding for Wish Eevee

@Togekiss, the HM deleter is in Canalave City, and I'd personally say your team needs a little more level grinding before you hit Cynthia, or her Garchomp will tear you to shreds. It's best if all your team are at least lv50.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Can I toss my Modest Trapinch in the Daycare until it reaches 65 (Earth Power) and then EV train it from there?
    Last edited by pit-fall; 16th April 2012 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pit-fall View Post
    Can I toss my Modest Trapinch in the Daycare until it reaches 65 (Earth Power) and then EV train it from there?
    Yes you can. It doesn't matter what level you start EV training at.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Yes you can. It doesn't matter what level you start EV training at.
    I thought so I just had to make sure. Can you help me in this thread?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...aming-Articuno

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast