Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just One Of The Geysers! (307)

Not exactly my cup of tea.

Loved how they implamented geysers into the episode, despite the fact that Dewford isn't a volcanic island so why there would be geysers there in the first place is beyond me.

Ash battled hard and he barely beat Brawly, who was actually the second weakest Gym leader in the whole Hoenn region :/ 5/10

I thought that the rematch between Ash and Brawly was very entertaining. I really liked the battlefield that they used. I thought the geysers were pretty unique as a sort of twist to the battle. I was really surprised that Ash didn't use Taillow in this fight because of its advantage over fighting type pokemon. Ash made a really smart move by recalling Treecko from the battle just before Machop used Cross Chop. I was really surprised by how much strength Machop had. I couldn't believe it could just karate chop rocks in half easily. Corphish did a good job in defeating Machop, however it didn't stand a chance against Hariyama. I could tell that Treecko was ready for its rematch against Hariyama. It battled perfectly on its way to victory. If Ash continues to battle like this, he will be a really good trainer.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

That battle was pretty smart and tough! Great episode thoe.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

The battle was pretty good, I liked the whole geyser deal and thought Ash did a great job strategizing against Brawly. Good episode.

This episode was really cool. The Gym Battle was great. It was great seeing Treecko use Pound on Hariyama's legs to completely slow it down. It was cool when Treecko and Hariyama both used the geysers to attack each other and then Treecko won giving Ash the win.

86/100

This episode was really cool. The Gym Battle was an awesome one. I like how Ash used the Geysers to his advantage. I'm glad Treecko got the win. Cool that Ash won and got the badge.

I know there aren't any rules against it, but it still feels cheap to have Ash recall Treecko AFTER Cross Chop is ordered. Brawly should've taught Machop Pursuit.

I completely agree with what's been said, ShaunAsh is a personal favorite ship of mine.

Just noting, when Hariyama and Treecko square off on the geysers, they're like face to face. In the wide shot, however, they are LEAGUES apart. It's slightly awkward.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

"To denounce the evils of a yummy pear."
    "To extend our reach to a chocolate eclaire."
    "Team Rocket blasts off with all the four food groups!"
    "And believe it or not that includes matzo ball soup!"

"Oy, gevalt!"

I just can't get over how easy it is to forget all the awesomely funny TR mottos that Hoenn provided us.

Oh yeah, and more Treecko fun is always appreciated. I am decidedly not a fan of those cliche battle endings where the two sides run past each other and then for no good reason one of them drops about ten minutes afterwards, but at least it was in Treecko's favor.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

This was probably the best gym battle until now, not counting rest of hoenn, sinnoh and unova. Really liked it, Hariyama and Treecko had an amazing battle, and Corphish did amazing! 11/10 Mad Crabs.

I liked how Team Rocket seriously tried to fight Brawly after his Hariyama stomped them a little less than a few hours ago. I also liked how Brawly seemed to abandon his strategy of going with the flow of the battle and just chose to attack continuously with Machop until it was tired out. Treeko's battle against Hariyama was the highlight of the episode though. I'm glad that the Dewford episodes end here though. They spent way too much time here.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I like this episode, the battle was good. And I also love the battle field in the cave, it reminds me of Blaine's Gym in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver. A cave is a really cool place for a Gym. Team Rocket also was awesome in this episode! 9/10 for an awesome episode.

Maybe this gym battle wasn't the most intense one, but it clearly showed how Ash made some crucial changes if you compare his strategies in his rematch versus his first try. A good ending to this island arc and I really enjoyed the gym battle.

I enjoyed Team Rocket in the beginning of this episode. I especially liked how their motto was about food - it was pretty funny IMO.

I thought the Gym battle was good, too. The use of geysers was an interesting mechanic and I liked how Ash and Brawly made use of them to launch their final attacks. I liked most of the strategies Ash used during the battle, particularly the one that involved attacking Hariyama's legs. I never thought most of Hariyama's strength would come from the legs (though in hindsight it does make sense), so I thought that was a clever move on Ash's part.

It was awesome how Ash actually used strategy in this battle, unlike his first.
    Another great battle!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

I liked how the sea parted when Brawly was leading Ash and friends to the battlefield and I cackled when Team Rocket was blasted off by the rushing water of the geysers. I also liked that Corphish got his first official win against Brawly's Machop IIRC, although Treecko vs. Hariyama dragged on a bit. Whatever, at least Ash finally won the Knuckle Badge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12