Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Having A Wailord Of A Time! (310)

The other Treecko was weird and the Wailord in this episode didn't even have that much of a role here despite the title. So that was odd. 6/10

I like Hoenn's Starters as much as anyone, but I wanted to see more of Wailord than to see what the Starters were doing.

Meh, the Pokemon Center's Torchic evolving was such a freaking tease. May's Torchic should've evolved instead...

This was such a good episode, I don't get all the criticism above, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode.

I thought Steph was gonna choose the Combusken at the end but it is nice that it got a role as a guard for the Pokemon Centre. The baby Pokemon were completely adorable. It is great that Steph's Dad chose Treecko at the end, that was really sweet.

Team Rocket are so dastardly trting to take that Wailord but luckily it got rescued, it must have made quite a splash when it was dropped back in the ocean.
    Sun / OR / Y Friend Code: 2595-4852-2744

Joy's Torchic was funny, like, it beat up everyone and evolved into Combusken. Ash and Max trying to keep it a secret was funny too. I'm also glad Max addressed May's neglect of her own Torchic.

I had a lot of favorite parts in this one! And one of my favorite parts was in the beginning, when Ash mentioned how Pikachu wasn't really obedient with him right from the start. And I also liked the part after Nurse Joy went to go help May with the Wailord, and Brock followed her saying something silly. Another part that I liked was when that Torchic beat all of those Pokemon when it was trying to get outside, including 3 of Ash's Pokemon! And I couldn't believe it was so strong, considering the fact that it was supposed to be a starter Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    I like Hoenn's Starters as much as anyone, but I wanted to see more of Wailord than to see what the Starters were doing.
    Me too cuz I had had my fill of the Hoenn starters already by this point and watching an episode dedicated to Wailord instead would've been more fun for me. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Me too cuz I had had my fill of the Hoenn starters already by this point and watching an episode dedicated to Wailord instead would've been more fun for me. ^^;
    Wailord just isn't the most interesting species of Pokemon tbh, so it's no surprise that they were given a small role while the Hoenn Starters got more love here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Wailord just isn't the most interesting species of Pokemon tbh, so it's no surprise that they were given a small role while the Hoenn Starters got more love here.
    That's unfortunate however, but I guess that Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip were just more marketable in general, although the shenanigans at the Pokemon Center didn't have to take up so much of the episode. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    That's unfortunate however, but I guess that Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip were just more marketable in general, although the shenanigans at the Pokemon Center didn't have to take up so much of the episode. ^^;
    Kids love Starters, so it's understandable. But in my opinion, May's Torchic should've been the one who evolved into Combusken here, not the Pokemon Center one.

It was cool that we learned how Takeshi obtained his Iwark, and the fact that Joi had her own set of Houen Starters allowed us to see some interesting interactions. It was also funny to see Heigani battle Joi's Achamo and how that caused Achamo to evolve. The Rocket-dan's Whaloh theft scheme seemed ludicrous however.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123