Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jump For Joy (313)

Default Jump For Joy (313)

Jump for Joy!

Nurse Joy has been kidnapped by a Shiftry and its up to Ash & Co. to save her. However the Shiftry is patrolling the forest to stop them. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

ZTcrazy Guest

I loved this episode. Treecko rocks! Also, I loved it's flips and style of battling!

I did like this episode. The best bit was definitely Treecko's acrobatics. It showed how cool Treecko is. It must be one of Ash's best Pokemon in terms of personality and skill.

The funniest bit though was near the end when shiftry had Brock on his back and Brock was screaming like a girl in front of Nurse Joy.

Overall Rating: 7.5/10

Factory Head Noland Guest

Yeh, this is the first episode that we get to see a Pokemon use Bullet Seed (cool move!)
    I never knew that Seedot spin to use Bullet Seed....
    But in this episode everyone called Sleep Powder Stun Spore.

ZTcrazy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonisgr8
    But in this episode everyone called Sleep Powder Stun Spore.
    No, it was Stun Spore. Joy just lay still.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Stun Spore is always orange when Pokemon use it though, this was blue.

It was a dubbing mistake. That was Sleep Powder, they just called it Stun Spore. Easily, the best part about this episode was that it AIRED. Most of us had been waiting for months to see it. The Shiftry and Treecko battle was awesome. Shiftry sounded really evil, I thought. No wonder Nurse Joy was frightened!

Overall rating:
    8.6 out of 10!!
    Another high quality filler!! Hoenn is easily becoming the best season ever!
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

marilldude Guest

Actually, I think they needed this episode. Remember in "What you seed is what you get" how Ash said Shiftry showed him bullet seed's true power? Speading of which, yay Shiftry!!! If I had the time, patience, and will power to write a fanfic, Shiftry would came in handy for Hoenn. Anyway, It was also funny how Brock screamed like a girl. Another reason he got Lotad, not Seedot. 8/10

Shiny May Guest

a good filler if you ask me. The plot was really good and in the end Shiftry wasn't as bad as you thought he was. Good to see the entire line of Seedot in this episode. Also the end was funny when Brock screamed

James used a red rose in the motto, it was quite funny when team rocket blasted of, cause Wobbuffet had the rose in his mouth while clapping while they were blasting of. Yeah, I noticed that they called it stun spore instead of sleep powder. Wonder why.
    Formerly known as EeveeandKirliafan.

Check out my fanfic! Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Reflecting Balance

Latest chapter: Chapter 39: "I... I really didn’t mean for it to turn out this way…"

Also, for those interested in Winx Club: A Wizard's Perspective

vulpix Guest

this is a good episode in my opinion i think Shiftrey is creepy looking.

Blaziken master Guest

This is easily one of the best Advanced episodes especially treecko versus shiftry.I also like the part where Brock rides on shiftry
    Last edited by Blaziken master; 30th August 2005 at 7:06 PM.

Brock was the best part of the whole episode (not that other parts weren't great). I loved how fired up he got about making sure to rescue Nurse Joy, and how he went to get the medicine for her with shiftry at the end of the episode. Ash telling Brock that he screamed like a girl was pretty funny too (even though I'm a girl). I liked the whole storyline with the shiftry and Nurse Joy too, which was really well-written. Overall, great episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Kyuubi's Power Guest

Default Review for "Jump For Joy"

i thought this episode was good and funny. it was strange the show decided to make a pokemon to kidnap nurse joy. that made pokemon look evil. also instead of the kidnap plot, i thought it could have been better if the shiftry brought the sick nuzleaf to the pokemon center, instead of kidnapping nurse joy. i woner why the show decided to have nurse joy kidnapped by the creature she is suppose to take care of.

Sorry but i don't understand this ep. Where was it going about?

A kool epi. Seeing Shiftry is always good in my books

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Treecko was great in this episode, Shiftry was cool too

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Excellent episode loved the way the animators made Shiftry look in this episode, they really went all out. Shiftry & Treeko's battle was very excellent one of my favorite non gym/contest/championship battles. Brock really stood out in this episode with his determination to save Joy. Interesting how Stun Spore looks alot like Sleep Powder, and actually puts people to sleep when it's supposed to paralyze Pokemon, interesting no one caught that while reviewing the script I can understand if it was left in once but for the entire episode I can only assume the Japanese script referred to it as Stun Spore to instead of Sleep Powder. Also it looks like the animators forgot to put to glow on Taillow's wings when it used Wing Attack on the Nuzleaf.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

the shiftry battle was cool.but i also wonder,why dident shiftry take the sick nuzleaf to the pokemon center?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny qwilfish of doom View Post
    the shiftry battle was cool.but i also wonder,why dident shiftry take the sick nuzleaf to the pokemon center?
    pokemon logica i guess, not everything is smart especially since a shiftry is lighter then a mass cloned human.

Good lord that Shiftry is ugly. I feel bad staring without having paid for a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Charmander View Post
    The funniest bit though was near the end when shiftry had Brock on his back and Brock was screaming like a girl in front of Nurse Joy.

LMFAO. Agreed. Best moment EVER!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I didn't enjoy this episode. The idea of Nurse Joy getting kidnapped and watching it play out just head scratching.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Its a great Episode, Shiftry is an cool Pokemon ^^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Shiftry was so strong, it beat Treecko so fast..
    And Joy's expertise proved it selfe.
    I loved also the way that Shiftry carried Brock, it was very fast.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Hmm, a kidnapping episode is always fun, especially when it involves characters like Nurse Joy who rarely get backstory. Glad that Shiftry was the one who kidnapped Joy since it's reall scary looking. It's super creepy and that's the kind of thing I'd expect from the species in the anime so I'm glad that was kept intact. Nothing else to report on this episode, it was too generic. 4/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 11th November 2010 at 4:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast