Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Different Kind Of Misty! (314)

Default A Different Kind Of Misty! (314)

A Different Kind Of Misty!

Heading towards Mauville City, Ash & Co. meet a trainer and his Plusle And Minun who look after a lighthouse in the misty plains. However Team Rocket want to steal the rock that holds the light. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This episode was disapointing. Here I was during summer complety not waiting for Jump for Joy but instead A different kind of Misty to see Plusle and Minun and all I get was "Purey." and "Mimi." I sure hope "Cheer Pressure" is gonna be better

2/5
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

ZTcrazy Guest

Mmmm...It's a real shame I missed this episode, I would have loved to hear Plusle and Minun's voices, even though they are predictable. Your review suprised me El Ludicolo, I would have thought this episode would have been a great filler.

Factory Head Noland Guest

I quite liked this episode. Well it was a pointless filler, what do you expect?

Actually, this episode linked very well into Jirachi Wish Maker- it talked about Ash being a destined trainer and you even saw him next to the shadow of a Flygon (this created all sorts of Trapinch-catching rumours)
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Actually, this episode linked very well into Jirachi Wish Maker- it talked about Ash being a destined trainer and you even saw him next to the shadow of a Flygon (this created all sorts of Trapinch-catching rumours)
    o_O I dunno what you're talking about considering Satoshi was NOT being focused on in the sixth movie. Heck, I don't even know where you're coming up with this Flygon shadow cause there was no such thing. If you're talking about a destined trainer, take a look at the guide:

Izuna and Kazuchi show Ash and co a small inscription on the pedestal. They explain that it states that one day the stone will fall under attack and a mysterious boy in blue with a Pikachu will cease the attack. Kazuchi adds in that the person will teach the stone's protector how to defend himself, and in doing so, the protector will dispend whatever evil befalls it.
    And he did exactly that. Nothing about trainer or legend or anything of the sort. He had a PIKACHU next to him, not a Flygon. o_O

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Ashfan17 Guest

Yes you're right it was talking about Ash obviously when they talked about the legendary trainer with the Pikachu next to him. But it wasn't a legendary Pokemon though, any who I liked the episode Ash being my favorite character it was pretty cool knowing he is a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTrainerRaven
    If you're talking about a destined trainer, take a look at the guide:
    Izuna and Kazuchi show Ash and co a small inscription on the pedestal. They explain that it states that one day the stone will fall under attack and a mysterious boy in blue with a Pikachu will cease the attack. Kazuchi adds in that the person will teach the stone's protector how to defend himself, and in doing so, the protector will dispend whatever evil befalls it.
    *Reads quote*
    *Looks at guide*

WTF?!?
    ...ah. Another GN77 guide. As is all too common, it's dead wrong on critical points. The story of the Legendary Hero was not a prophesy of the future, but a tale of the past, of a hero dressed in blue, with a Pikachu, who brought the stone to the village long ago.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Yeah, it seems GN likes to take wild guesses at things in his guides, doesn't it? -_-

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Is it another episode where you see a Flygon shadow? Or was I dreaming. Which is strange, since I normally dream about particularly large pies. I HAVE A THUNDER BADGE! BTW what you have read here is a lie. ALL LIES!!!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

The Flygon shadow is a completely different episode. o.O That would be Skitty and Delcatty! Enter the Legendary Pokémon Coordinator!!

Btw, it was GN.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I thought this was one of the better fillers. It was cool how close Ash and Pikachu were, being able to hear each other from a distance. The stone itself was cool too. By far, my favorite part was seeing Plusle and Minun. They were so Kawaii!!!!

Overall rating:
    7.9 out of 10!!
    We need more fillers like this, interesting, yet showing off new Poke'mon(Johto never acheived this).
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

vulpix Guest

this episode kinda made mr dissapointed cause i thought that this ep will be about Misty.

You know, if I didn't hate that kid's second episode so much ("Cheer Pressure"), and if the idea of a light stone didn't leave me still scratching my head and going "HUH?!?!", I might like this episode better. It had a few highlights, though, like the kid himself (he wasn't all that bad, and neither was his sister), and Ash responding to Jessie's comment before Team Rocket even appears (LOL). Still, this episode has too much against it for me to really like it.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix
    this episode kinda made mr dissapointed cause i thought that this ep will be about Misty.
    Lol, which is why I'm glad 4kids chose the title. There's nothing better then to use a pun from an older character to promote the fog and mist in this episode.

::waits for "A Different kind of May" to be used in a future episode, most likely a contest ep ::

i loved this episode mostly because of plusle and minun. they look soo cool together (tries not to say cute :P)

I really though Misty was going to be in this epi but Plusle made the epi 10 times better then Misty ever could

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

A decent filler episode with Plusle and Minun, good enough

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I loved Plusle and Minun, did anyone notice when he was gaged, his entire face was covered up besides his eyes? That means he can`t breaathe!o.O

I looved when Plusle and Minun played with Pikachu, and that the Title made me ( Omg Misty returns after only 30+ episodes?)

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Not the best of episode, I think it would've been better if they explained the Light Stone abit more instead of just shoving it off to the side in favor of Thatcher feeling sorry for himself, add to that i've never been a big fan of Plusle and Minun. Lastly I think the dub title was abit misleading since when I first heard the title I thought Misty was going to be returning to the series.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Whenever these kids end up at the wrong place at the wrong time, they're always mistaken for thieves.

Not the first time, certainly not the last...

plusle and minum were enjoyable to watch in this episode, for some odd reason those two spice everything up, 7/10.

Seeing the dub title, I was expecting an episode with Misty, and I am sadly disappointed D:

Don't get me wrong, Plusle and Minun are ok, but this was a darn boring filler ep. *yawn*
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

At first i thought we would see misty in this episode.Also Ash a hero?!?Not possible.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    At first i thought we would see misty in this episode.Also Ash a hero?!?Not possible.
    thats like or similiar to the incident that happened in the 8th movie. i myself also thought misty would appear. striking title.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast