Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watt's With Wattson? (316)

Default Watt's With Wattson? (316)

Watt's With Wattson?!

Ash & Co. are finally in Mauville City and Ash intends to challenge Wattson in the gym. However Pikachu gets struck by a large Electric field and is over-electrified. Will it survive?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

I think that Mr. Wattson should have taken back the badge when Ash wanted to give him it back because the battle was totally unfair because Pikachu was over-charged. I know that they do have a re-match later on but they should have had one the next episode.

Ok ep! And the uk got is before america, about a month or a half. Agreed Pokemonisgr8 but there rematch is cool but Torkoal lost! (Still Crying!! wa!!)

vulpix Guest

i kinda thought that Ash cheated even though he didn't know that Pikachu was stronger than usual cause it got hit by a electric field.

It's interesting how a total wipeout from Pikachu could damage Wattson's confidence so much. It made for a pretty interesting episode, and at least it was different than most gym battles. It's funny too how Pikachu began and ended the season hooked up to the same electricity machine. I do like the second Wattson episode better, mostly because I liked Team Rocket with their carnival and May's battle with Watt, but this episode had some great dramatics I liked too.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

That gym battle rocked because it was hilarious. I'm glad he finally refaced Wattson in a later episode, but I wish he had won that battle so he earned his badge fairly oh well. (And people say Ash's kanto gym badges were pity badges)

Meh. One of the gym battles i didnt like. It felt like the writters couldnt be bothered to think up a good battle

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Wattson should've taken the badge back. I think it would've taken ages before Ash is able beat Wattson fairly. I expected a fair battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Like we really care what some random person says about us.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Credit: HawthorneKitty

Should have been a better battle, Wattson was overkilled a little too quickly

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

lol a clean sweep, the last time I saw Ash did one was in that the Kanto Pokemon League with Kingler..

Too bad for Wattson, being depressed after being haxxed..
    Hail to the glorious fighters!

Finally saw this!

The clean sweep was so boring and rather dumb. That was way to much overkill. I wish Ash had at least started with Treecko, had it defeated and then used Pikachu, at least it would have been longer.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

It's an okay episode it could have been better. it was interesting watching Ash sweep a gym leader with Uberchu, and it was nice to see a gym leaders confidence shaken by being swept, but they should have split this episode into with Ash having a proper rematch at the Mauville Gym and winning his badge fairly instead of Wattson giving it to him reminds me of early Kanto with Brock & Misty's sisters giving Ash a for either saving a gym or being kind to Pokemon. Nice seeing Electrike one of my favorite Hoen Pokemon ti was very well animated and it's voice was pretty cool to.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

seeing that overcharded pikachu screenshot in the first post kinds reminds me of electroshock therapy instead of the episode itself

anyway, it was a nice episode with a shocking battle so to say, i'll give it a 9/10.

This episode will go down in infamy: the day Ash swept a Gym Battle.

Seriously, that was awesome. I wish that would happen more XD Sometimes they just drag out those Gym matches, y'know?

Awesome! Yeah.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This match wss cheap because Ash won with an overpowered Pokemon good thing they had a rematch!

I don't like how Pikachu won so easily. But it was cool to see a broken spirited gym leader.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Wattson is my fave Gym leader...but Pikachu took the winning goal to easy
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Yes, I think we can all agree that this was one of the easiest matches for Ash, even though his pikachu was ill and had an "uber" moment.

This is my favorite season 6 episode so far.
    The pikachu sweep was so refreshing. I though it was another pedestrian gym battle, and guess what happened!
    It is ok to see such a deviating plot in a while, well, to be exact, this will be the first and the last time.
    I was so excited to see pikachu's sweeping the entire team. I thought it was how it suppose to be when pikachu has been fighting and training for such a long time.
    Anyway, it was full with great freshness
    Platinum FC: 5241 7799 4194

They were need to do a rematch, but 3 on 3, not 1 on 1....
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    They were need to do a rematch, but 3 on 3, not 1 on 1....
    The match technically was 3 on 3. Pikachu just creamed all the Pokemon because it had too much electricity in it. It had too much electricity because of a Raikou Robot earlier in the episode.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Horrible. I don't know why the writers didn't add a rematch since Pikachu was too powerful due to the incident near the start of this episode that powered it up. Wattson was too much of a pushover in the Hoenn region, period. I liked the Raikou robot though, that was something cool to add to this episode. At least Ash and Co. know what a Raikou looks like now. This gets a 3/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 11th November 2010 at 4:36 AM.

This Gym battle was the absolute worst. But IMO, Ash won that badge fair and square because it was Wattson's fault that Pikachu got all extra powerful in the first place. Terrible episode.

The gym battle was the worst in Hoenn, unfortunately.
    But I pretty enjoyed to see how Pikachu has managed to bacome healthy, and how Wattson has captured the Electrike. He did the best in the gym battle and he was not guilty. Well done.

Epic sweeping session. I felt bad for Wattson but at least he and Ash had a rematch later on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast