Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watt's With Wattson? (316)

Goob job on Pikachu's part sweeping an entire gym leader team, even if it was due to an over charge of electricity.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

This is the 1 gym battle I really didn't like. Ash only won because Pikachu was way overcharged for the gym battle to defeat Voltorb, Magneton, and Magnemite. It was sad to see Wattson so shaken after being defeated badly by Ash. I think Wattson should've taken the badge back after Ash tried to give it back after feeling bad about the whole gym battle. It was really cool seeing Electrike for the 1st time. It's really cute!

.9/100

This episode was ( I don't know a word to descripe it) I thought it was absolutly pathetic for Ash to completly own Wattson. I thought it was cheap and very unfair. It was sad to see Wattson sad but it was also nice to see him make a friend in Electrike.

Ash's first free badge without having to work hard for it I didn't like how the writers didn't want Ash to have a rematch with Wattson. I felt sorry for him to be honest. He was so sad after being defeated badly by Ash. If there was a rematch this episode would have been a great one thunder vs thunder but instead no its bad. & I'm happy that the audience agrees because it's the truth.

Well, this battle completely sucked. Yay.

It didn't suck. Did Ash force Wattson to put these damn Raikou in his Gym?

Quote Originally Posted by silent_control View Post
    It didn't suck. Did Ash force Wattson to put these damn Raikou in his Gym?
    I'm not saying Wattson didn't deserve it. He did. That doesn't make the battle any better though.

This battle was great solely because it was a sweep. Really, these are the kinds of battles that need to come every once in a while just to differ from other battles. Not every battle on this show can be Ash vs Blaine or Brawly. We need a few Wattson's and Crasher Wake's for the hell of it. A great episode and it's more memorable than other gym battles in the region such as Juan's and Flannery's.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Oh come on, it wasn't as bad as most Kanto gym battles where he didn't even win or in a lot of cases finish the battle yet he still got the badge.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

This episode was a bit boring and cliched....
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Pikachu being super-powered and winning the match for Ash was amusing, though I was glad Ash lost in a later episode in a rematch.

Of course the battle wasn't really fair, Ash and Wattson should've had a fair rematch straight away for a Badge, and not in a later episode. However, the episode was nice, and I loved Wattson's trap for challengers, with the Raikou. 10/10.

The last episode from Advanced and I really enjoyed Watson and his character. I think this badge was fairly won and here's why: When Ash overcharged his Pikachu during the Pewter City gym battle, he did it intentionally and the gym's interior had nothing do with it. Thus it was more or less an pity badge. This gym battle had the same deal, but slightly different: Ash's Pikachu was overcharged too this time, but it happened unintentionally and only Watson should be put to blame on for placing something like that in the gym in the first place.

Now, I did like how Watson later returned and how this episode was not primarily focused on the gym battle, but on the gym leader itself.

I liked the Gym battle in this episode because I found it hilarious watching overcharged Pikachu just one-shot everything. I would have liked it if Wattson's strength as a Gym Leader had been shown off more, but overall it doesn't bother me that Ash's win was cheap or whatever.

I like Wattson a lot. His personality is great IMO and I loved the traps in his Gym. He was also very funny when he said that the robot Raikou reminded him of his sixth grade teacher. Speaking of the robot Raikou, I remember thinking it was real initially back when I first saw this episode. :O

Glad to see that the Electrike stayed with Wattson.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    This episode was a bit boring and cliched....
    Because that wasn't already obvious at all...
    I really need something to put here.

While this was an alright episode, the writers completely wasted what could have been an epic gym battle between Ash and Wattson.
    This just felt like filler to me...

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

I was mad that Pikachu beat Wattson's pokemon so easy. I wanted a longer battle and I wanted to see Ash's other pokemon battle too so this episode was one of the least favourite episodes from the AG era. I liked the Raikou robot tho.

While I do agree it was Wattson's own fault Pikachu got so overcharged because of the Raikou robot, I still wish he put up more of a fight during the gym battle.
    When Ash won the badge that easily, I was thinking "Are you effing kidding me? Really?"
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I loved that Wattson's Gym was basically a huge funhouse, and even though I disliked how Ash beat him, watching Pikachu solo'ing Wattson's Electric Pokemon was oddly satisfying in my view. Wattson bonding with that cute Electrike was nice and I wish that Ash and Wattson had had a rematch here to determine the real Gym battle winner. Alas.

This was such a copout, I know writing a convincing gym battle against wattson wpuld be impossible, but just overcharging pikachu seems really lazy to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12