Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What You Seed Is What You Get! (317)

Default What You Seed Is What You Get! (317)

What You Seed Is What You Get!

While Travelling through a Watermelon Field, Ash & Co. are confronted by someone who thinks they're stealing Watermelons so she challenges them to a battle. Her Grovyle knows an attack called Bullet Seed which is what Ash is trying to teach Treecko. Will Treecko Learn it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Saw this episode today on Sky One and i was really impressed. I am really liking the Advanced eps at the moment. Even the fillery episodes are brilliant. A massive improvement from Johto. Oh yeah. i sorta liked the addition of Trainers Choice. A nice touch.

My favourite part was definitely the double battle. It's quite a change to see Ash lose to a trainer on the road. It was the repetition of the same strategy that let him down. I didn't think much of the Grovyle trainer. She was quite annoying.

It was great at the end when Ash was trying to cheer up Treecko, spat the seeds at him and Treecko succeeded with Bullet seed.

Overall Rating: 9/10
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 23rd October 2004 at 5:47 PM.

ZTcrazy Guest

Another big winner. I also saw it today on sky one and the double battle was done brilliantly. I also liked Treecko's success with Bullet Seed. The trainer with the Grovyle and Slugma was irritating. Her voice was just...ugh! Grovyle's dub voice was unexpected, yet it suits it well. Some funny events, like with the Electrode Watermelon and TR. Oh, and the Trainers choice was a nice change from 'Who's that Pokemon?'

Overall, great start to Pokemon Advanced Challenge! Also, I give this episode 9/10.

Grovyle and its trainers voice annoyed me!!! The episode was cool, though, even though they recycled the scene where Treecko hid behind Corphish. The double battle was cool(especially Slugma), and the guard Electrode was funny!!
    Overall rating:
    7.4 out of 10!!
    We've had better fillers(although Treecko's Bullet Seed kinda makes it nonfiller), and we've had worse.
    Last edited by ≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈; 11th December 2004 at 2:13 AM.
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Factory Head Noland Guest

I saw this ep this morning on Sky One (then I watched it again on Mix) I love this episode! It's officially one of my favourite eps! I love Bullet Seed and Treecko!!

(Is this forum new?!)

EDIT: Woops, did realise we were scoring out of 10 o_0;;

10/10! This ep has everything that a good ep needs! A battle, Team Rocket and loads of things.

BUT!! I did realise that when Treecko used Bullet Seed against the Cacnea Machine, the Advanced music didn't come into the background (like in the Japanese version) which was disappointing...(I LOVE that tune)
    Last edited by Pokemonisgr8; 23rd October 2004 at 9:23 PM.

Tate+Liza Guest

Of course, it will learn. EVERYONE knows that. Mommy, be quiet and go away!

This episode was the best Hoenn episode so far. It had great a great story line and the double battle was good.

Waterstar Misty Guest

It was a pretty good episode, i like getting to see Grovlye, TR isn't going to give up stealing stuff lol. I think that my fav part of this episode was near the end, when Treecko learned to use bullet seed by attacking Ash. I think I would it an 8/10.

Did any one notice ash said "treeko harden,corphish bubblebeam" treeko cant learn harden legally and treeko used pound not harden.

Just click it already.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmaster
    Did any one notice ash said "treeko harden,corphish bubblebeam" treeko cant learn harden legally and treeko used pound not harden.
    It is a mistake! but ash is very slow and stupid!

Moonlight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmaster
    I thought it was just me, guess he did say that.

Good episode, just watched it this morning since I forgot it was on before x_X. Nice Bullet Seed, the Watermelon Electrode was cool, and it was a all round excellent episode. 100/100.

Does anyone actually know why they bloody repeated this episode this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by IMPERIAL DRAGON
    Does anyone actually know why they bloody repeated this episode this morning?
    I assume they're saving as many new episodes as they can, so they'll be able to show a whole string of them during the half term. Thats how Sky usually tend to operate around this time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    I assume they're saving as many new episodes as they can, so they'll be able to show a whole string of them during the half term. Thats how Sky usually tend to operate around this time anyway.
    You know, that would be great except for the fact that I don't have Sky. Or Half-Term, considering that my college decided that a week of Mock Exams was better than letting us go for a week. XD

Meh. I actually agree with them. I'd only be wallowing around this place, anyway.

Yeah but we are already one episode behind the states, and even if they carried on showing the episodes as normal all the way up to half term, we would only be around three episodes ahead of America, which has happened several times before, us being ahead I mean. Bleh, I'm just ****** that I had to get up that early for nothing...

IMPERIAL DRAGON - You best get used to it as well, new episodes aren't being shown till the 21st of march, sorry about that lol.

Moonlight Guest

Yep, get ready for a load of repeats o_O. At least they're showing them on weekdays for at least one week from March 21st.

You say it like its a bad thing, at least now I get some bloody sleep... seriously even showing it on Sky Mix at 10 is too early. It's still daft though, because even after that week we will still be around 5 episode behind, assuming that they don't show two a day, or at the weekends making 9 episodes in 9 days.

Ah, Grovyle's premire episode. Ya know I would like this one.

Treecko finally gets a grass attack to his moveset, this attack would've really helped him in earlier episodes. The double battle was really great overall. , Despite the fact he lost, Treecko did surprisingly well against his evolved form in battle. Corphish showed off his great defensive strength by being able to take some head on Solarbeams (I know he was using Harden to protect himself and Treecko, but that still had to hurt to a degree). I gotta say though, that was one freakishly powerful Slugma. O.o;

Oh, and I can't forget to mention the watermelectrode. XD

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

vulpix Guest

i liked that there was a Electrode camofagued as a watermelon.

Well, series 7 finally kicked off in Australia and it started rather well... it was good to see treecko master bullet seed, though I think the overall content of this episode was a little thin.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Hales Guest

I can't believe I've missed it... I didn't know it was on, and now I'm kicking myself... what time is it on? 8.00?

*hits her head against the wall*

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    I can't believe I've missed it... I didn't know it was on, and now I'm kicking myself... what time is it on? 8.00?

*hits her head against the wall*
    Yep, 8:00 AM on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    Well, series 7 finally kicked off in Australia and it started rather well... it was good to see treecko master bullet seed, though I think the overall content of this episode was a little thin.
    I agree - the content was definitely lacking. The watermelon Electrode was cute...but I was waiting for an explanation as to how it got that way. Not even Jesse and James were particularly funny.

Now we have to wait until Monday for the next one.

I just realized I never reviewed this ep. Anyway

Good Points.
    *Grovlye appeared.
    *Treecko used Bullet Seed.
    *Electrode was a watermellon.(lol)
    *Ash lost a battle because he usually wins.
    *Treecko and Corphish battled together but later they have a rivalary which is wierd.
    *The new Intro ROCKS!

Bad Points.
    *A few Dubbing Errors.
    *Trainer Challenges suck.
    *Slugma? The people could of given her any better pokemon than Slugma.
    *Ash using the same attacks over and over again.
    *Team Rockets Cacnea machine.(Anything else would of worked I thought Cacnea machine looked ugly)

But It was good 8/10!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast