Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZigZag Zangoose (324)

Yeah, Seviper did sound somewhat off today. That's what the get for using two voices on one Pokémon. They should've just kept Seviper's entire Japanese voice since all we really hear it hissing is "Ha ne" in the Japanese version, rather than saying it's full name. At least they kept its comical blooping noises. X3

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Caluchu Guest

That was cool!!!!Zangoose Rules!!!!!! Sepiper down!!!!!I saw it today.But at the end I wonder who's gonna win.But the trainers choice was wried.
    Anyway,that was good.

Houndoom Master Guest

Brock seemed like too much of a know-it-all. Not that he doesn't always.. Crush Claw looked awesome! The battle was cool, and so was the Seviper-Ash vs. Zangoose-Nicolai. I was almost hoping Jesse would win, because Nicolai annoys me, and Jesse actually cared. Zangoose's voice was too deep IMO. I give it 6/10.

Indigo Guest

A good episode, a good episode. Better than that Skitty episode anyway(don't even get me started).

Pros:
    -Zangoose's voice was fine. I didn't even realize how deep it was.
    -Ash in a Seviper suit...I rewinded and played that scene again at least three times!
    -"I don't care if he likes his short pants, long pants, or underpants."--Jessie. Classic.
    -James bowing down to Seviper. Three words: L O L.
    -Wobbuffet with Pikachu was great! TR was actually really funny in this episode! Maybe it was the absence of the pointless Giovanni fantasies...
    -I'm really glad they went with the game on the whole Zangoose/Seviper rivalry thing. They should do this more often.
    -Ash chose the correct Pokémon for the battles this time! Treecko for Marshtomp instead of Corphish or Taillow(of course Pika's ineffective). It just goes to show how much Ash is improving in skill, as well as wisdom.
    -Crush Claw...ohhh...*drools*
    -Zangoose didn't recover miraculously. Thank goodness for that.
    -Jessie was...okay when she lost. You know what's even weirder?...I liked it.

Cons:
    -Yeah, the Trainer's Choice bugged me too. I thought I was stupid! ^^;
    -I really, REALLY wish Cassidy had come in with a Zangoose instead of Nikolai returning. Frankly I think Nikolai's rather bland even with the costumes, and imagine the rivalry between everyone then! Poor James and Meowth...
    -Ash and Nikolai never get to finish their battles! Is that deliberate?

Overall, this one was really good! Few firsts, and just had a nice plot. Overall 8/10, because it had something missing that I can't seem to place.

I can't think of a time where any Pokémon that was hit by Poison Tail miraculously recovered instantly. o_O Treecko, Sharpedo and Zangoose each had to recover over a long period of time.

Seviper threatening Kojirou was indeed hilarious. x_X As for the rivalry thing, it's not really so much as them being rivals as they keep pushing. Snakes and mongoose are natural born enemies to eachother. o_o

I think this was a really good filler episode. One of my favorite parts was when Meowth did the motto with James. After they said the motto, I was thinking about Maddie's (voice of Meowth) comment about the Team Rocket motto in the Pokemon 4ever DVD commentary. He (Or is it she? I'm not sure) said they always mix it up for Eric and Rachael (voice of James and Jessie) but for him it's always "Meowth, that's right!". I thought it was a nice change of pace.

I give this episode a 9 out of 10.

Gymshipping Mihoshi *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    Advanceshipping Hope (a new website!) *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    * Shipping banner made by the amazing Arceus Master

I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but this ep is also the first time Cacnea has used Sandstorm.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I liked this episode a lot. It had a character comeback, and the battle between Seviper and Zangoose was awesome. And I think the only time Jame's Cacnea has used Sandstorm! They could of had Pikachu that time!!

-The Seviper-Ash VS Zangoose Nicholai scene was great.
    -Phooey. I wanted to see Seviper win. :/
    -The scene after Jessie lost was touching.
    -*wonders why 4Kids bothered changing Zangoose's voice*
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Besides the whole good always beating bad thing, I believe the mongoose are usually the victor over the snake considering they eat snakes. >_>;

This was a very interesting epsiode. I liked it a lot. I just loved Zangoose voice. ^___^
    And when Ash and Nicholai battled each other was great. Ash dressed as Seviper, great stuff. And when Zangoose and Seviper was fighting each other, Jessie got into it so much. James and Meowth try to steal Pikachu, and Ash and co try to get Pikachu back. They even interrpt Jessie and Nicholai battle. Jessie got really mad, lol. Ash got Pikachu back though, yay. I also liked when Meowth took Jessie place to recite the motto with James. Great epsiode if you ask me.
    goodbye~

Finally caught it today.

-Alright, I see what's up with Zangoose's voice. It's the "4Kids Deep Voice", as I am now calling it. I would've liked some edge in it, kind of like....
    EDIT: After listening to it again, it DOES have a subtle difference to it. THh voice isn't purely Absol's.

-..Seviper's voice! Hey, I have to admit, I love the mixing of the two different voices. You've got the cool English "Seh-VAIPAR!" and the cute/comical "Bpprt!" purr. If future Pokemon have quirks like that, I'd like to see more voice integration.

-My respect for Seviper grew in this episode. The actual design is amazingly thought out. Seviper is simply a death machine. Oh, and it's big too.

-Nicolai is growing on me. In the Japanese episodes so far, he hasn't shown up again, but I'd like for that to happen. He's gotten enough Character Development now to be the Hoenn Casey. Heck, I'd even be anxious to see if he appears as one of Ash's challengers in the Hoenn League, sporting Zangoose, Swampert, and Linoone no less. Rarely are "Filler Characters" reintroduced, so there's definitely some chance.

-That wacky Wobbuffet! And people say he's gotten stale...

-Hurray for Sandstorm! Too bad it didn't quite work out right.

-Trainer's Choice: I think I'll side with the Speed theory and the Dig hypothesis. It wasn't too long ago that we saw Ninjask. This could be the follow up TC like so many past WtP?'s did.
    Last edited by V Faction; 30th October 2004 at 1:54 AM.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

i found this ep quite boring, but that's just me!
    Triplets with Prof.Cinders and treynor33!
    Buddies with ~Bayleef~

Click the mini-banner to visit my favourite forum!
    The Kyak Islands (Pokémon RP Forums)

I AM LOVING MANYULA!

This ep was pretty good and the fight between seviper ash and zangoose nicholai was hilarious.

Just click it already.

i didnt get the trainers choice,torkoal could beat ninjask! good ep! seviper tried to drown zangoose..........9/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemasterJ
    i didnt get the trainers choice,torkoal could beat ninjask! good ep!
    They could ALL beat Ninjask >.>;

Ohh-kay...despite awful voice-casting/acting on Zangoose, this was actually a really good episode. There was just the right amount of seriousness and humour to make it perfectly balanced, and considering Nikolai makes a return Its not really a filler I suppose.

Jessie and Seviper just plain rocked in this episode. They were the ones who deserved to win the grudge match, not Nikolai (as cool as he is) and Zangoose. This episode just goes to prove that Jessie is a decent trainer, contrary to what many have said in the past, not only due to her impressive battle but also due to the fact that she genuinely understood how Seviper felt. She really does care for her pokémon. That was the highlight of the episode for me.

The rest was also good, and I HAD to laugh at the antics of Wobbuffet in this one. Hehe, that little guy has plenty of comic potential left in him ;D
    I seriously don't get why so many people seem to find Nikolai annoying, I think he's an awesome character myself. Certainly better than many filler-type characters we've had over the years and lots of personallity. *waits for him to utter the famous 'I like shorts. They're so comfy' line*
    The Ash-viper and Nikolai-goose battle amused me also. Although, biting on someones arm for real was a little ott for a mock-up battle ^^;
    Last edited by Gravy; 30th October 2004 at 12:09 PM.

Katsuya Guest

XD!

Meowth & James doing the Rocket Motto > Everything

Seviper seemed a hell of alot bigger than normal in this ep. I thought. I wondered why the dub was "ZigZag Zangoose", then I realised it was Nicolai.

It did look cool, but the pokemon change that Nicolai said was making it worse!
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

err this was an okay episode but not really enjoyable for me it was a bit funny when Skitty got out of it's Pokeball and started chasing Ash and when Ash & co and James + Mewoth were chasing Wobuffet for Pikachu.
    5/10
    Claiming is overrated, can be fun sometimes but others silly. I only claimed Henry Cavill as no one really knows him.

Oh yeah and i'm paired up with the cool Chuboy.

Claimed Henry Cavill on the Celebrity Claiming thread...he's all mine muh ha ha ha ha...^^;.

I liked this episode, and how Seviper and Zangoose were chasing eachother down, and wouldn't let anything get in their way of fighting.

Meowth taking Jessie's place was hilarious.

And it was nice to see Nicoli again.

I give this episode 8/10.

Alakazam Guest

I chose Torkoal OR Dewgong on the Trainer's Choice.

Not a bad filler, but I wasn't really fond of Nikolai much, and I never saw the first episode, they where already in Petalburg Forest when I started watching the Advanced Series =/ And I thought Zangoose stood on two legs? But nice filler. 7/10.

I really enhoyed this episode. I thought it was really interesting.

I loved the fighting between Zangoose & Seviper. Seviper seemed sort of weak when it was constantly attacked by Ash & company, but this ep. made him seem like a powerhouse.

Nicoli (however its spelled) coming back was cool. Now if only people from the first season of Pokemon who said they'd meet Ash again would...meet Ash again.

I give it an 8.5/10

Oh yeah, Trainer's choice should have been Nosepass. Rock is super effective against both Bug & Flying, and Bug and Flying are both bad against Rock. Clue me in if there's any reason the others are better choices
    Last edited by Psychic Venusaur; 31st October 2004 at 3:55 AM.
    Yeah!

Overall a nice episode. It was great to see Nicolai again! I'm getting fond of him. Zangoose and Seviper had a pretty close fight.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Well, ZigZag Zangoose FINALLY aired in Canada (stupid KidsWB airing 2 episodes every weeks -_-o) and I must say it was better then I expected. It was a very nice filler, good plot, decent battle scenes, funny humor, it was all good! First off, I LOVED Seviper in this epi! He's such a badass! It was funny how he was intimidating Team Rocket (well except for Jessie of course) OH! favourite quote!

*Seviper runs away*
    Meowth: Come back here ya overgrown Caterpie!
    Seviper: *turns around enraged and Poison Tails Meowth*
    Meowth: *flying through air and hits James* Cant ya take a joke?!

And then when James was bowing to Seviper like it was his master, lol! Funny thing was Skitty. Her and her antics! Then everyone was trying to catch her! But I did like the battle between Seviper and Zangoose, it was good. I loved when Seviper wrapped around Zangoose and choked it and then Zangoose bit Sevipers skin and it let go....nice move! I wish Seviper had one though...the curses that come with being a bad guy *shakes head* But that whole Zigzag thing was cheap and overused. Oh and Zangoose's Dub Voice? [imgs=15]http://www.serebiiforums.com/newforums/images/icons/icon13.gif[/imgs] Yup, it was atrocious! WAYYYY too deep! Oh! Another funny part was when Meowth was Jessie in their motto *laughs* also wasn't this Cacnea's first Sandstorm? (correct me if I'm wrong) What I was really surprised about was when Nikolai used Zigzagoon....that Nikolai may just be the ticket to a debut of Linoone in the FAR future. Lastly, that Crush Claw was AWESOME! It was too cool....man...why cant the game animation be more like THAT!

Overall I give this a 9.5/10, they really showed the Zangoose/Seviper rivalry well...and it was just a great episode.

Oh and about the Trainers Choice, yes, I chose Torkoal but I didn't think that would be the right answer. If you haven't noticed they NEVER choose a Pokemon that hasn't debut yet because it would spoil what it would sound like for future episodes....its just the way it is O.O;;;
    Last edited by .Bambi.; 20th February 2009 at 12:56 AM.

BUT, Nosepass has made its debut. It could easily have been Nosepass. AND, they chose torkoal a few epis later as the Trainer's Choice, so why not now? I, personally, think they chose Dewgong because it is the only one with a hint of a chance of outspeeding Ninjask.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast