Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maxxed Out! (325)

Default Maxxed Out! (325)

Maxxed Out!

Heading to Fallarbor City, the gang meet up with a trainer called Max who looks identical to Max. He is having trouble with his Surskit. However Max doesn't like or trust Max. Team Rocket have their eyes set on Max's Surskit. Can Max & Max protect the Surskit and overcome their differences?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I am looking forward to this episode. I can't wait to see Max's twin. Does anyone know if he will have the same voice as Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Trainer
    I am looking forward to this episode. I can't wait to see Max's twin. Does anyone know if he will have the same voice as Max?
    I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it'll be different, like in the original.

I'm so psyched to see the dub of this. ^^

PEACE!

So far, the dub seems okay at best. Masato (older one) sounds pretty good. o_O Once again, Eric Stuart feels the need to shout out all of James' lines and over exaggerate them. Surskit doesn't keep its Japanese voice due to different names. The Trainer Challenge just became ridiculously easy and is different from the other ones ("Which one of these Pokémon evolves into Lombre?").

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

LuauGirl15 Guest

I loved this episode! Max and Max quarreling in the beginning was pretty funny, and so was Skitty messing up Jessie's hair!

Did anyone else think that Jessie looked like Samara Morgan (from the Ring) at the end when she tried to grab Surskit? Why do all Japanese or Japanese-based shows and movies have a freaky girl with hair over her face, lol!

This episode was great!! Surskit was adorable, as was Skitty. I liked Max 2 as well.

Overall rating:
    8.8 out of 10!!
    A great filler, and perhaps it will rival it's successor(Pros and Con Artists) in quality!!
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Ahahha, Jessie stole the show in "Maxxed Out".

In every episode where Jessie's hair gets damaged in some way she goes nuts, she almost crushed them all with a giant hammer.

And Skitty is really awfully cute. I can see now why they wanted to market Skitty with May, they make an awesome team.

Suskrit and the Max clone were alright too, and I liked how May tried to get them to stop arguing.

And Jessie almost slammed May with a hammer! The nerve of her.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTrainerRaven
    The Trainer Challenge just became ridiculously easy and is different from the other ones ("Which one of these Pokémon evolves into Lombre?").
    Not really, this isn't the first time they did an evolution one. We've seen them do this 2 or 3 times before with "which pokemon does this evolve into"

Do doo do do doo...

-I'm surprised ETR liked older Max's voice. I guess you haven't heard the "Ritchie" voice in a while. Even though there was some attempt to make it sound Maxish, by the end of the episode it was the same old-same old.

-Trainer's Choice was fine. The REAL highlight of it was seeing Lombre. If you look at any of the TC's, they're all easy, so difficulty shouldn't be called into play. Rather, we need to look for any of the surprising ones, that tell us 4Kids is being challenged to think like a Pokemon player.

-Gotta love Seviper.

-The Episode, sadly, had a very Johtoish vibe to it. That's been there since the Day it debuted, so I'm not holding that against the dubbers. Surskit helped a little (or worsened the situation, depending how you look at it) and it was fun seeing Water Pulse again. And we can't forget the motif of the entire Episode: having two Maxes.

-I'd like to add that Jessie has some really big issues.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Houndoom Master Guest

Surskitt's voice sounded cute! I put on closed captioning and I saw the Max that wasn't May's brother was actually named Maxx, with two X's, which explains the title. The episode was hilarious, especially Jessie! The Trainer's Challenge was stupid. I mean, really! How could Electrike evolve into Lombre? Overall, I give it 7/10.
    EDIT: I forgot to add that Water Pulse looked cool! I don't know if it has ever been shown in another episode, but that was the first time I saw it.
    Last edited by charizardtrainer; 30th October 2004 at 4:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    -I'm surprised ETR liked older Max's voice. I guess you haven't heard the "Ritchie" voice in a while. Even though there was some attempt to make it sound Maxish, by the end of the episode it was the same old-same old.
    Yeah, I'm suprised myself. o_O; I hadn't heard Richie's voice used in a while and they didn't make him sound too much like every filler boy that we've seen in Johto. At some points you could tell it sounded like an older Max, but then it went downhill by the end of the episode.

And I wasn't aware of the previous evolution questions. >_>; I probably missed those episodes in English. But either way, those were terribly easy. You'd figure it'd be a little tougher on the kids considering it's called Trainer Challenge.

And I wasn't aware of the previous evolution questions. >_>; I probably missed those episodes in English. But either way, those were terribly easy. You'd figure it'd be a little tougher on the kids considering it's called Trainer Challenge.
    Advanced Challenge.

Trainer's Choice.

No where does it say it HAS to be challenging.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

slysunshine Guest

The other Max is spelled Maxx? Cool!

Sadly, I overslept and only saw the last five minutes of this episode. I only saw Max and Maxx as friends. I loved May and Skitty and Surskit was cute too!

Lindsay Guest

Johtoish my butt. Considering Max finally got a spotlight episode and some development for the first time since the Jirachi movie I took this episode as a great one!

Also this helped develop the PKMN world into a little more realistic one by showing two people can share the same name which hasn't really been touched on or at least not made a focus.     Spoiler:

Jessie was majorly o.O At least the writers are consistant with her hair obsession. Scyther and Snubbull also made her batty from messing up her hair in the past heh!

The two Maxs were great and similar heh! Wonder if they'll save that character design for an old Max in the future? Anyway I'd say each of them were great and I'm just left wondering what Max's first PKMN will be. Better be a good one since his now stated goal is to become a gym leader!

Surskit as a cutie was just icing on the cake.

4 / 5

Yay for Max!

Railith Guest

I was hoping the older Max would be some kind of time traveling elite trainer trying to warn his past self about some plot on his life. Instead we get an average pokemon episode, it wasn't bad I just wanted time travel.

Sadly, this IS abit Johto-ish. The whole idea of the plot of the episode, the basic filler character of the week with a Pokémon that alot would consider to be weak, and the fact that nothing that contributed to the story really happened. Sounds like the general Johto filler to me.

Lindsay Guest

The Max haters are out in full force but I'll just ignore them and focus on this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Espeon
    I hope Skitty popping out of its Pokeball at random intervals doesn't become a running gag. With Wobbuffet, it's funny. With Skitty, it's not.
    You're right. With Wobby it is funny.

With Skitty it's cute. Slight difference but it works for me!

Sadly, this IS abit Johto-ish. The whole idea of the plot of the episode, the basic filler character of the week with a Pokémon that alot would consider to be weak, and the fact that nothing that contributed to the story really happened. Sounds like the general Johto filler to me.
    Oh sure learning of Max's life goal among other things doesn't count at all.

Of course the people call this Johtoish are the ones who flamed me for saying the awful Misty episodes were Johtoish.

I'll just take this brand of bias with a big sack of "riiiiiiiight...."
    Last edited by Lindsay; 30th October 2004 at 7:16 PM.

>w< This episode was so cute~! I really don't mind filler episodes. Not at all.

Though Maxx's voice was abit odd to me at first, prolly 'cause he was trying to be tough or something.
    It was amusing to watch them argue.

Andand, Surskit! T'was adorable. As well as the Maxes.

Er.. Forgive me if my post is incoherent. I'm just abit out of it.

PEACE!

Beware of Jessie on a day hair day.

Was waiting for Brocka nd Ash to show up in a wedge-bot and duke it out with TR Battle Bots style. I would have been double over laughing.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

DEFINITELY beware of Jessie on a bad hair day. You obviously don't want Jessie after you! Anyways, I thought this was a pretty good filler. It did feel a little like the Johto fillers, but overall it was pretty good. And I personally think that Jessie looks good with her bangs that she had towards the end after she fell in the water. I give this episode a 8 out of 10.

Gymshipping Mihoshi *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    Advanceshipping Hope (a new website!) *UPDATED 9/28/08*
    * Shipping banner made by the amazing Arceus Master

Did anybody catch the LOTR reference with Jessie going "Must have the Surkit!" like Gollum? That, and the mecha mallet were the highlights of this episode. Also, Skitty was too cute for words.^v^

Okay, I will confess that when Jessie turned all zombie-like on them, it did kinda creep me out, and I could for once accept Jessie as a real villian.

Jessie: *acting like a zombie*I must have Surskit!
    0_0

To think, all she needed was a hair makeover to make her seem like a real villian.

Anyways, I found it kinda funny that Max and Maxx got angry at eachother for having the same name. Also, I wouldn't mind if someone had the same name as me. I really wouldn't care in the end. It was no big surprise that the writers were eventually going to use a name again. I mean, you would eventually run out with different names, right?

Anyways, good ep. and pretty funny. Jessie showed her evil side for once.

I give it, 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by LuauGirl15
    Did anyone else think that Jessie looked like Samara Morgan (from the Ring) at the end when she tried to grab Surskit? Why do all Japanese or Japanese-based shows and movies have a freaky girl with hair over her face, lol!
    You know, I'm lookin' at the framegrabs for this episode, and you're right. She even comes out of the water the way the little girl came out of the well. Perhaps this is a move towards more satirical movie references that kids might not get at first...

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Togepi Trainer Guest

I LOVED this episode, i think Jessie was pretty with the hairlocks on the side of her head.

Wow; Jesse was EVIL in this episode! Scyther, Totodile, Snubbull, and now Skitty have messed up Jesse's hair...which Pokémon will be next to do it? Surskit had a cute voice; as well as being just plain cute!(Don't forget Skitty, who was also her usual kawaii self) I didn't realize Maxx had the Ritchie voice; probably because no one had it last season(at least I don't think so). Trainer's Choice was average; I actually got it right this time!(Geodude>Magneton)^_^ My rating is 7/10

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Keeper of Fire Guest

I think Jessie looks better when her hair is wet. But she is scary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast